arnabbanerjee has forfeited round #1.

To my mind, homeschooling is an idea worth considering for those who want to keep strong bonds with their children and simply be there for them on numerous stages of their development. It allows you to hold a good record of their progress, to identify their strengths and particular interests and tailor your children's education to what they are best at and most passionate about.
One of the apparent advantages is the broad character and flexibility of the curriculum, as well as present-day diversity of online materials and existing philosophies & methods to implement while bringing school to your home. Furthermore, for those who cannot make up their minds there exist a number of organizations that are to provide support and guidance (not restrictions, you see) for parents willing to educate their children at home, as for example the HEA (Home Education Association) in Australia very well does.
Another obvious fact that gives homeschooling the edge over traditional school practice is that the children are not under any kind of stress usually connected with assignments/ deadlines/ credits/ exams, there is no pressure to keep up with classmates or the tendency to feel insecure if they can't memorize the material as fast as the other kids. Their education brings much more fun with it and suffices their interests; they practically have more time to carry out experiments, elaborate on important matters, do some valuable research... so it seems to me like a reasonable conclusion here that they get a more profound or balanced knowledge. By the way, according to some studies conducted in the USA in as long as 2011, the majority of homeschooled children between the ages of 5 & 10 achieved higher standardized scores compared to their counterparts, and another studies that examined the impact of homeschooling on students' GPAs, discovered that homeschooled students had higher high school GPAs than conventional ones.
Staying at home also means staying safe and discussing sensitive issues only when the child feels to be ready. The parents get some control over what the children are exposed to, and it's a good way to guard them from school gangs, violence, bullying, peer pressure and other potential problems that might take place in school.
Although it is believed sometimes that homeschooled children lack self-confidence and have problems integrating themselves in the society due to the absence of this competitiveness and huge mass of socialization opportunities that are typically provided by conventional school experience, to my mind, these children get much more than that. They spend some valuable time with their parents, who instill and nurture their best qualities, and grow up to be confident, self-sufficient and more creative individuals.
Posted by Leaning 3 months ago
I don't really have anything con to say. But why not both? I was taught by my parents how to read, write, and do math. I still attended public school.