ellieodris
opinionatorr

Homework Should Be Banned

ellieodris has forfeited round #2.
Updated: 1 year ago Status: Debating Period

ellieodris

Con

Homework Should Be Banned

Madam Chairperson, Adjudicators, Members of the proposing team, ladies and gentlemen. My name is Ellie O"Driscoll and I am delighted to oppose the motion "Homework Should Be Banned".
Homework should not be banned! The average man works 8.4 hours per work day while the average woman works 7.7 hours per work day. We need to be prepared for the hours we will be introduced to in the future. In Ireland, one primary school day is around 5 hours 40 minutes. Homework is adding on the hours that an adult worker has to deal with. Homework is giving you a taste of what to expect when you get a job. It is defining how you work which results in how you live. Homework is determining what life you will receive after college. Will you be a good worker or a bad worker? I can assure you, with homework in place, you"ll be the best worker you can be!
A study carried out by Concordia University showed that homework provides an opportunity for parents to interact with and understand the content their students are learning so they can provide another means of academic support for students. Memphis Parent writer Glenda Faye Pryor-Johnson says that, "When your child does homework, you do homework," and notes that this is an opportunity for parents to model good behavior for their children.
A fellow online debater also stated that first and foremost, students are bound to become more responsible by doing homework. This is because it is a given task to be completed and submitted at a due date. They will learn what they must do and when they must do it. Consequently, their time managing skills will improve. They will learn how to divide their tasks among other extracurricular activities and set aside time for electronics which will be helpful in organization and peace of mind.
opinionatorr

Pro

My Nigga you is trippin. how you finna tell me that school is only 5 hour and 40 min. word to my nigga trump, WRONG.
Nigga in the streets spend well over 7 hours in school. At a Young age like that Lil NIggas need to get outside and be active.
They are young growing individuals who shouldn't have to deal with the stress that homework brings.