10edwardsd
PixieQueen

Homework being banned

PixieQueen

10edwardsd

Pro

Should homework or not
I think it should
PixieQueen

Con

Homework is beneficial to students in the aspect that it allows them to practice and engage in skills learned during the school day. It's not a punishment for students, but a chance for them to refresh and remember skills that are important. It may be long and tedious, but as the NEA (national education association) puts it "10-20 minutes per night in the first grade, and an additional 10 minutes per grade level thereafter (e.g., 20 minutes for second grade, 120 minutes for twelfth). High school students may sometimes do more, depending on what classes they take (see Review of Educational Research, 2006)." This is a way for students to have manageable work that is actually meaningful and beneficial to their education. Used in the right context and for the right reasons, homework is a good thing, and would be pointless to ban.
10edwardsd

Pro

10edwardsd forfeited this round.
PixieQueen

Con

PixieQueen forfeited this round.
10edwardsd

Pro

10edwardsd forfeited this round.
PixieQueen

Con

PixieQueen forfeited this round.
10edwardsd

Pro

10edwardsd forfeited this round.
PixieQueen

Con

PixieQueen forfeited this round.
10edwardsd

Pro

10edwardsd forfeited this round.
PixieQueen

Con

PixieQueen forfeited this round.
Posted by PixieQueen 3 years ago
PixieQueen
Thanks for the helpful tips. I really appreciate the advice. :) I'm new to all of this, but I'm excited to learn. Yes, at this rate that's the way it seems to be going. Not sure if the topic is legit, but I'm using this as a practice for myself. I hope I have your support retroman000.
Posted by retroman000 3 years ago
retroman000
Hey Pixie Queen, good opening, but I'd recommend putting your sources & citations at the bottom of the page instead of the middle of the paragraph (less clutter in the actual argument). As well, unless they post an opening argument as a part of round one, you should just use the first round for agreeing to the debate. The way it's going now, Pro will be down by one argument at the end of the debate.
Posted by retroman000 3 years ago
retroman000
Banning homework? Is this even a legitimate argument?
Posted by PixieQueen 3 years ago
PixieQueen
Just as a preface to this debate: I too am against tons of homework, butt he debate sounded interesting, so I am playing the devil's advocate here. Just didn't want to sound like I'm one hundred percent homework. :)
Posted by eboss 3 years ago
eboss
Good debate choice I agree with you. There should not be homework. Kids (like me) go home hoping to relax from the long day of school. Homework is just a way to stress kids out at home and take up their time.
Vote Placed by KroneckerDelta 3 years ago
KroneckerDelta
10edwardsdPixieQueenTied
Reasons for voting decision: Con argued for why homework is beneficial and Pro presented no arguments and no rebuttals.