mitra.abhirupa
NightofTheLivingCats

Homework in schools should be banned

mitra.abhirupa

Pro

Hello Worthy Competitor,

I stand for the motion.

• Round 1: Agreement to rules only.
    • Round 2: Debate.
    • Round 3: Rebuttal (Only the question to the opponent's debate to be put in)
    • Round 4: Answer to rebuttal (Answer to your respective questions)

NightofTheLivingCats

Con

kfc.

I agree.
mitra.abhirupa

Pro

Hello worthy contender.

I put my arguments down in clear points.

1. Well homework, meant to be done at home, takes over the worthy time which can be better used in broadening one's mind behind books and enhancing one's physical stature. Homework confines our thinking and working abilities to only what is taught in school, whereas instead of homework, research work turns out to be more beneficial.

2. When students are given home work, they are meant to revise what is taught in school. Now suppose they are not given any homework, they’ll be encouraged to pay attention in class more, and this will undoubtedly increase the concentration power.

3. Homework makes a child dull compelling her to look only through the doors shown to her.

4. Homework, is an improved way of spoon feeding a child, because a child is always helped at home, by parents or professional tutors. A student needs to apply and not mug up. Great people or rather scientist do not mug up things, they apply concepts and experience.

5.Takes too much time

Especially when you move to higher classes students have a lot od different classes and different homework assignments to finish. When adding all off them it takes a lot of time. Students need time for other extracurricular activities and family time. Homework could potentially be a time consuming activity for many.

6. Homework should be banned

I swear most of the time i am stressed and 99% its because of homework. I dont want to be the typical teen who says "i hate homework its so boring and im so lazy" but its so true. And in my school they either give you little bit of homework with lots of hard parts for it or on HUGE project or assignment on top of other homework from other classes. I can not even explain how angry homework gets me. Sometimes there are group assignments and there is never a time where im not paired with the lazy people so i end up doing all the crap and i have to worry about other classes too. NO. I can not. I need a break and i hate when teachers pack the most work on weekends. But no I have to use my only two days of rest on assignments on top of other work that im mentally crying about. Do not even get me started. I legitimately cried like two hours ago becuase all the homework i have to do. And thats not a good thing. School is supposed to be "a fun learning experience" and "learning and doing good and no stress"

This site will prove my point: http://www.education.com...

Best of luck.

NightofTheLivingCats

Con

1. Well homework, meant to be done at home, takes over the worthy time which can be better used in broadening one's mind behind books and enhancing one's physical stature.

Really? Homework does this. You have 24 hours a day minus the 7 hours for school and minus 7 for sleep. That's ~10 hours you have.

Homework confines our thinking and working abilities to only what is taught in school, whereas instead of homework, research work turns out to be more beneficial.

So?

I highly doubt this. Also "revise"? What do you mean?

I actually disagree. It really does the opposite, especially if it's history.

This is not homework's fault.

5.Takes too much time

It is also alot pratice you might need.

6. Homework should be banned

Appeal to emotion.
mitra.abhirupa

Pro

(Round 3: Rebuttal question, may be accompanied by 4-5 line only)

Oh Dear Contender,

I never knew you do not know what revision is
The attitude that you have portrayed through your piece, was that of sheer ignorance to the idea of not having to do homework, but did not out in your views and proofs of why you think what you said was correct.

QUESTION: Well, Newton had failed a class, Rabindranath Tagore stayed away from school, Sachin Tendulkar had failed in his tenth standard(hoping that you know all these personalities). for them home work played no important part, rather had they done what others did, we would have never heard of them. Home work is not equivalent to research work. Would you rather limit yourself to home work, which is the same thing that you learn in class, or open up your mind and do something extra?
NightofTheLivingCats

Con

NightofTheLivingCats forfeited this round.
mitra.abhirupa

Pro

mitra.abhirupa forfeited this round.