ThE-GrEaT-DeBaToR
ReformedArsenal

Homework should be band in all states

Con Tied Pro
Reasons for your voting decision - Required

ThE-GrEaT-DeBaToR

Con

To me being a High School teen who gets homework daily I think that since I am in school from 8:45 to 3:45 with 4 classes that are 1 hour and 30 minutes long and I feel like that when we get home teens want to relax and sit back not do 30 math problems and if teachers don't get what needs to be done in that hour and 30 minutes then I feel like it there fault teachers overload young kids with work and it is ridiculous

Good luck to my opponent
ReformedArsenal

Pro

I would like to thank my opponent for posing this debate.

I would like to summarize Con's Argument.

A) Homework is an extension of the work that should be done in class.
B) The Teacher is responsible for assigning an amount of work that can be completed in class.
C) Therefore, having homework that needs to be done outside of class reflects a failure on the part of the teacher.

There are serious problems with this argument. First, Homework is not simply "leftover" work that should be done in class that doesn't, rather it is repetition that needs to be done in order to solidify the things being learned in class.

Next, the Teacher is not assigning work that needs to be done in class, they are assigning work that should be done outside of class... hence the label "Homework." This isn't "classwork" it is "homework."

Also, the task of any educational structure is this: To prepare the student for either A) The next level of education, or B) The workforce. Because of this, it is important to assign homework because in both College and the Workforce (at least in most desirable jobs) your work rarely stops when you leave for the day. In college you are EXPECTED to spend 1-2 hours working on material outside of class for every 1 hour you spend inside of class. In most desirable jobs (Unless you want to work at McDonalds or Walmart for the rest of your life) you are going to be doing some work at home, this is almost unavoidable.

Furthermore, I would like to submit into evidence the first post of my opponent's argument. It is not uncommon in the age of Facebook, Twitter, and Text Messages to see statements like this. In case it has been changed, here is the original content of his opening round

"To me being a High School teen who gets homework daily I think that since I am in school from 8:45 to 3:45 with 4 classes that are 1 hour and 30 minutes long and I feel like that when we get home teens want to relax and sit back not do 30 math problems and if teachers don't get what needs to be done in that hour and 30 minutes then I feel like it there fault teachers overload young kids with work and it is ridiculous

Good luck to my opponent"

Note a few things. It is entirely void of any punctuation. That's right, the whole thing is one sentence. Furthermore, there are several spelling and grammar mistakes. "I feel like it there fault teachers overload..." represents not only a typo, but a grammatical nightmare (In addition to the mistaken use of "there" rather than "their".) Honestly, this post makes it clear that this particular High School student would benefit from some increased homework lessons on Grammar and Spelling.
ThE-GrEaT-DeBaToR

Con

ThE-GrEaT-DeBaToR forfeited this round.
ReformedArsenal

Pro

My opponent has not responded, and unless that changes I win.
ThE-GrEaT-DeBaToR

Con

ThE-GrEaT-DeBaToR forfeited this round.
ReformedArsenal

Pro

Once more my opponent has neglected to post an argument. Please vote Con.
Posted by ReformedArsenal 6 years ago
ReformedArsenal
Sorry... that's right, my opponent selected Pro even though his argument was Con to the resolution.

Please vote for me...
Posted by XimenBao 6 years ago
XimenBao
You sure you want me to vote con? :)
Posted by XimenBao 6 years ago
XimenBao
I'm really disappointed in you Arsenal. Low expectations of yourself. With an R1 like that from Con, you could probably have won a debate that all homework needed to be band practice. I'm just sad you didn't. :(
Posted by ReformedArsenal 6 years ago
ReformedArsenal
I wasn't talking about your post White, I was talking about Con's opening argument.
Posted by whitechapel 6 years ago
whitechapel
Well I'll just correct my punctuation so you won't have anything to argue about, OK?
Posted by ReformedArsenal 6 years ago
ReformedArsenal
Judging by your lack of punctuation and general sentence structure... I think you need MORE homework in the area of grammar and spelling.
Posted by whitechapel 6 years ago
whitechapel
i think you meant to be a pro judging from your topic and first argument.
Vote Placed by Zarroette 3 years ago
Zarroette
ThE-GrEaT-DeBaToRReformedArsenalTied
Reasons for voting decision: ff
Vote Placed by Cliff.Stamp 6 years ago
Cliff.Stamp
ThE-GrEaT-DeBaToRReformedArsenalTied
Reasons for voting decision: No contest; argument, grammar and then forfeits.
Vote Placed by J.Kenyon 6 years ago
J.Kenyon
ThE-GrEaT-DeBaToRReformedArsenalTied
Reasons for voting decision: Forfeit.