Dishoungh
kritikadixit

Homework should be banned from school?

Dishoungh

Con

I'm sick of people keep asking this question, so I just want to end this debacle.

I'll wait for someone to accept.
kritikadixit

Pro

Homework should be banned from school . Homework mostly consists of copying down the answers from the book .Instead of doing the homework, the children can read their lessons and understand the basics of it.
Dishoungh

Con

Oh, now I see. So, you guys feel that the homework you're getting isn't worth it. But, that kind of homework is still beneficial for your education if you believe it or not. Most people who want homework banned are usually too lazy to do them. So, they always complain that they have homework everyday. Homework is not just for you. It's to tell the teacher if you're actually learning anything or not. If you don't have any homework, you will not learn anything at all because you spent all your time on video games or watching TV when you've should have recapped.
kritikadixit

Pro

U know what? Our geography teacher does not gives us any homework and our class performes best in geography subject. We read our lessons again and again and prepare them before examinations .
Dishoungh

Con

Okay, you have said that your class performs best. Why do you want homework to be banned when reading lessons is homework? If you didn't read your lessons in the first place , your class wouldn't be best would it? I understand people want the homework where you get a book and look for answers banned . Get that particular thing banned. Better yet, talk to the teachers to who give that kind of homework everyday. Don't ban homework entirely. You know, homework that actually helps you. And I guarantee that you wouldn't do well in most of your core curriculum classes without homework. I get homework every A-day from English, Geometry, and Economics. Its intimidating to have so much work everyday, but homework helps you. My classmates gets C's or lower grades because they're too lazy to do homework.
kritikadixit

Pro

kritikadixit forfeited this round.
Dishoungh

Con

Unless you're some kind of genius with a photographic memory, homework will become essential for your education career. Not only that, it gives you a responsibility to do besides sitting there playing video games. Sure, I'm chilling and playing video games now. That's because I'm already finished with my homework. When you grow older to a job, you're going to have some work to do at home. So, even though you want homework banned, you can't escape it because you will have homework throughout your life. Of course, it depends what job you have. But, still, probably in a lot of jobs, you will have to do work at home.

Even though people procrastinate a lot anyway, banning homework would kind of increase procrastination because there's nothing for kids to do. We don't want that don't we? I agree with you when you said that some kind of homework is useless. Yes, it is. But, that doesn't mean you have to ban homework entirely. Homework is pretty much like banning school all around.

Let's be realistic, people will never ban homework/school no matter how badly kids want them to. It won't happen.
kritikadixit

Pro

There are many friends of mine who don't study something extra because most of the time they are busy doing the homework.Astudy has to be self dependent to performe well.When teachers give homework ,the students are completely dependent on the teachers.
Dishoungh

Con

Then, you've indirectly said that homework is important. "Astudy has to be self dependent to performe well." So, you know that homework is important. I'm not saying that you should study something extra everyday because, to be honest, nobody studies anything extra. Let's be realistic about that. Teachers tell us to study every night, but in actuality, nobody is still going to do that. Most of them will probably study at the last minute.
kritikadixit

Pro

But the study is not self dependent when you get homework from the teachers . Students mug up the answers before the examination and they pass. If the homework will not be given, the students would read the lessons and then give the examination.