Then
salonimahajan17

Homework should be banned

Then

Con

My stand on this topic is that home work should not be banned for the below stated reasons;
1.Homework helps teachers to gauge and judge students academic capability.
2.Homework enables students to revise what they have learnt in school.
3.Homework ensures that a student never strays away from hi/her studies as students are forced to complete their homework.
salonimahajan17

Pro

I accept your challenge...according to me the homework should be banned since
It adds to extra pressure on students
teachers do not check the homework that carefully that they will come to know about the weaknesses of the child
students if given homework do not do it themselves..either the tuition teacher helps them or they copy from someone...there are very few students who do it themselves
I have many other points but i would like to showcase them in further rounds
Then

Con

Homework is important as it prepares students for the real world.
Although yes, home work does add pressure on students, it is not too much pressure but is instead a necessary pressure to ensure that students do not slack off their work.
Even if teachers do not check the homework carefully, I am sure that after they mark it they will know a students weakness. Not only that parents will also actively check their child's homework to ensure him/her is performing in school.
Whether students do the homework themselves or with the help of others, it all boils down to this-Is it proper conduct to let others do your work? Will it tug on your conscience afterwards? This is a matter of personal integrity and is a test of student's decision making.
After all, as I stated in the first line, homework is truly here to prepare students for the real world.
salonimahajan17

Pro

salonimahajan17 forfeited this round.
Then

Con

As this is the last round of the debate, I will give a few more points to prove that homework should not be banned.
Some of the reasons why homework is important are; it helps for more rapid progress in learning, it can form an important part in the pupil"s notes, it helps in long term research, and it is good for introverts who may be unable to ask questions in class. The purpose of homework is to help you learn and practice what was taught in class or to gain information by reading and answering questions.
As you can definitely see from the above mentioned points, home work is a very important part of our studies.
Take myself for an example; I am a introvert but I have managed to convey my knowledge through homework.
As it has been very useful for me, I do not see why it cannot do the same for others too.
In addition to helping you practice what you have studied or learned at school, homework prepares and helps you to use resources such as encyclopedias, books and the Internet which help you to find information for your homework/research projects. When you complete homework independently, you actually become independent. Homework is a sense of independence, responsibility and self discipline and it can bring home and school closer together. As we know, homework is not to be done and forgotten about. It has a deadline: this will teach you that completing a task on time is very important. This thing called homework also gives your parents a greater opportunity to participate in your education. Now, don"t you think that the reward is the practice that you get (which will allow you to do well)? Homework is indeed a good practice for success in life, so be sure to complete it and turn it in on time.
After reading all these points, I hope that you will agree with me that homework is very important and thus should not be banned.
With that, I rest my case.
salonimahajan17

Pro

salonimahajan17 forfeited this round.