shaeshae
Zanomi3

Homework

Zanomi3

shaeshae

Pro

Why do children need to get homework. I am always at work and I don't really have time to help my child. Can't they just do it in class? Then the teacher gets mad at my child for having the answers incorrect, well if you explained to her on what she has to do she would have gotten it right. I understand the importance of homework but at leas give them one she from each subject rather than five. Please comment on what you think, I am open minded on your opinions. And tell me what I should do about this. Thx😀
Zanomi3

Con

I accept this debate, and will allow my opponent to explain their arguments starting in round two to give equal opportunity in this debate (each has four rounds of debate).

Looking forward to a great debate!
shaeshae

Pro

shaeshae forfeited this round.
Zanomi3

Con

I'll default and give my opponent the opportunity to begin.
shaeshae

Pro

shaeshae forfeited this round.
Zanomi3

Con

I'll wait one more round I guess.
shaeshae

Pro

shaeshae forfeited this round.
Zanomi3

Con

One more round? If no arguments are posted I'll post mine in the final round to solidify my case.
shaeshae

Pro

shaeshae forfeited this round.
Zanomi3

Con

It's a shame, really. Being con, and having a debate title as Homework, I will just give one argument stating how we should not have homework.

Homework takes away the opportunity for the student to ask questions to their teacher and make sure the steps they are taking to reach an answer are correct.

It also can be redundant. If a student knows his material, the homework is not helping him. If a student does not know how to complete the work, the homework is also not doing anything for that individual.

Apologies to all those reading this debate, or lack of one. Vote Con.
Posted by GoOrDin 2 years ago
GoOrDin
obviously homework is partly to demonstrate your child doesn't listen in class, and now you know that because they can't finish their homework.
that is a parenting issue, because your child feels no obligation or desire to learn in school.
not something one should stress, but something someone should take a serious interest in to discover a way to make the child interested in learning and succeeding and not arguing with the establishment.
sometimes the teacher is dumb, sometimes it's more than that.
Posted by varshachooranolickal 2 years ago
varshachooranolickal
1.It improves your child's thinking and memory
2.It helps your child develop positive study skills and habits that will serve him or her well throughout life
3.Homework encourages your child to use time wisely
4.It teaches your child to work independently
5.Homework teaches your child to take responsibility for his or her work
6.It allows your child to review and practice what has been covered in class
Posted by Domr 2 years ago
Domr
Teachers spend all day going over the lessons on different subjects with their students. To understand the math/science concepts, the dates in history, the key points and aspects of literature.

I do not believe our education system downfalls lie in teaching several subject throughout the day.

If they didn't understand/ follow the curriculum as it was being taught they should be asking questions about it as the teacher explains it. You as a parent, should be attentive to any learning deficiencies your child may be suffering.

By learning deficiency, I simply mean they may not be good at math (or any other subject). NOT! a mental/learning DISORDER. Which means you need to take it upon yourself to figure out what your child doesn't understand and why. If you are not capable, or able to (because of work) to help, then you need to bring this to the teachers attention, and figure out if your child is not paying attention correctly, or if the teacher is not informing the students enough of what needs to be done.

If the teacher is not doing their job correctly, they need to reprimanded, and start doing their job proficiently, or be replaced by someone who will. Teachers are graded by their STUDENTS PERFORMANCE. Which means any self-respecting teacher wants their students to succeed.

If you're child is having extra difficulty learning a subject, is not paying enough attention to the lessons being taught, then you, as a parent, need to put in extra time, or find someone (a tutor) capable of spending that extra time with your child to help them learn.

I am not condoning our current education system, as it does have numerous flaws, and many teachers who are not adequate, or do not care enough to spend enough time individually with students,
Posted by Neoman 2 years ago
Neoman
Because its a race. If they wanna have a good job, they should complete this race with a degree. Unfortunately, thats the education system atm. If your child is not interested in studying at all, ask her what she likes to do. Her answer may make you realize her talent. Given that she is young, it may even save her life.
Posted by RevL8ion 2 years ago
RevL8ion
If you could change the criteria, I'd be happy to debate this issue with you.
Vote Placed by 9spaceking 2 years ago
9spaceking
shaeshaeZanomi3Tied
Reasons for voting decision: ff
Vote Placed by lannan13 2 years ago
lannan13
shaeshaeZanomi3Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Forfeiture