Tgraygaudet
TheGamer1998

Homework

Tgraygaudet

Con

Round one will be acceptance, round two will start the argument.
TheGamer1998

Pro

I am not completely against it, in fact some of it can be fun.
Tgraygaudet

Con

Okay so I shall first specify what exactly this argument is about. I am against homework being in any school system. Instead I feel school should be 8 hours a day and no homework after. In this point of my argument I will use facts and evidence to prove homework is not an asset to the Educational System but instead a pitfall. Now I won't say some homework is bad like what isn't finished in class is taken to be finished at home, but I will say the education system has not done that. Instead they overbear children with 3 or 4+ hours of homework a night. In doing so children lose a great deal on daylight outside, family planned events, sports, and the overall experiences of being a child. ,"too much homework may diminish its effectiveness or even become counterproductive,"writes Cooper in his latest research
review [Harris Cooper, The Battle Over Homework, second edition, page 26,
and Does Homework Improve Academic Achievement? A Synthesis of the Research 1987"2003, the Review of Educational Research (Spring 2006)]. Most teachers do not take courses specifically on homework during teacher
training. In fact, research shows that the great majority are unaware of the
research on the problems with homework [Stephen Aloia,"Teacher Assessment
of Homework," Academic Exchange Quarterly (Fall 2003)]. That"s why, as
Cooper told the authors of The Case Against Homework, when it comes to
homework,"most teachers are winging it." I feel to avoid the situation of what is too much or too little we should merely just lose homework altogether. If children went to school eight hours a day they wouldn't have anything to bring home for homework anyways. Then they have all the time in the world to do as they please, like being children.
TheGamer1998

Pro

I'm not saying I like homework, I myself am against but they assign it to make sure you learn the lesson and understand it. I do hate homework but I have my reasons for knowing that it is needed in the educational system.
Tgraygaudet

Con

Homework is causing more problems in the educational system than it is good. Homework shouldn't be assigned to anyone in the fact children no longer have time to be children. If you did your homework wrong and repeated the wrong act over several problems it is doing more damage than it is doing good, causing that said child to fall behind because that said child now needs to relearn and redo. If they were only told to study what they have learned in class then they would be fine and also given a chance to go do what they want such as sports and have the time to be with family and friends.
TheGamer1998

Pro

I forefeit
Tgraygaudet

Con

Uhhh ok.....
TheGamer1998

Pro

I actually am against homework unless it's given on a computer
Tgraygaudet

Con

Tgraygaudet forfeited this round.
TheGamer1998

Pro

I forefeit *shrug*