cecisanchezvirgen
rwoods019

Homo sexuals

rwoods019

cecisanchezvirgen

Con

Same sex marriage should not be allowed because this would be a change in the hole society. God created a man and a women to be united, not a man and a man or a women and a women. When the same sexual partners get married they would want to adopt a child, this could be a bad example for them because then they will want to follow their steps. The marriage is the union of a man and a women, this is why i think same sex marriage should not be allowed.
rwoods019

Pro

First of all, it would be whole society, not hole society. Just thought I would point that out.
Same sex marriage should be aloud. If two people are in love, they should be able to get married. Love, is not gender specific. The definition of love is an intense feeling of deep affection. Marriage is just a legal term. You say that it would set a bad example for their adopted kid, but that is not always true. It may have an effect, but the kid has a heart of their own, to decide who to love.
cecisanchezvirgen

Con

First of all, we are talking about same sex marriage not about love, they have the right to love but the marriage is not possible because as i just said marriage is the union of a men and a women. What is next? Marriage with animals? This wouldn't be beneficial for the society.
rwoods019

Pro

You say that it wouldn't be beneficial to society, but straight marriage isn't either. It doesn't directly affect anyone except the people getting married. The families are, unless they don't want any part of their marriage. So, how would it affect society either way? I brought up the point of love because marriage is based on love. And it is commonly a man and woman, which is why the definition says man and woman. Other words have changed their meanings such as meat, which was all food.
Posted by SoulReturns 3 years ago
SoulReturns
Homosexuality is a mental disorder. Its causes are low levels of testosterone in early stages of pregnancy and dissonance in childhood which causes all sorts of psychological effects (1). So, this is a question of: should mentally handicapped people who cannot receive effective treatment be forced to fight their sickness, unsuccessfully? It probably causes great suffering to a homosexual trying to fight his (not sure about her) condition.

So, therefore, my stance is to prevent a bit suffering to them by allowing same-sex marriage.
For those of us who think they will burn in hell: we can save some people, but if you believe they are damned, so be it. Save others.
Posted by OtakuJordan 3 years ago
OtakuJordan
A word of advice: pointing out the grammar and spelling mistakes of your opponent doesn't make you look smart. It makes you look snide.
Posted by rwoods019 3 years ago
rwoods019
Yeah, I made one mistake because I misinterpreted the meaning of the words. Then, it was just one mistake, unlike Con's many mistakes.
Posted by OtakuJordan 3 years ago
OtakuJordan
I love how Pro criticizes Con for his misspelling of "whole" and the misspells "allowed" in the very next sentence. The arrogance and the irony, lol...
Posted by cristina_lobera 3 years ago
cristina_lobera
This issue has been a very contradictorial subject all around the world and I think its all about equality. Even though many people think the problem is the same sex marriage, the biggest problem is the peoples rights and their personal liberty that are being violated by not letting them show how they feel. Same sex marrige shouldnt be prohibit since its a civil legal status.
Posted by Tim2609 3 years ago
Tim2609
I do not really understand why one is against homosexuals in general, it is their choice how they want to fulfill their lives, not mine. To add, not allowing them to marry does not change the feelings those individuals have, it does not make them straight. As well, being against homosexuals on the basis of a religion is not a sound argument, to be even more specific I feel ashamed that my passport states I am Catholic when I hear people use religion as an argument to be against homosexuals. The only thing what is "wrong" with gay people is that they are unable to reproduce and continue their bloodline, which is against human nature and evolution if you know what I mean, but it is their decision. Let them do whatever they want it is not mine business too judge about other people.
Posted by MadisonMichelle 3 years ago
MadisonMichelle
Homosexualness isnt a bad example, and so what if they follow in their footsteps? Being gay doesnt define you as a character.
Posted by rwoods019 3 years ago
rwoods019
I have a lot more to say, but so little space to say it. It seems as if you set the limit very low.
I also wanted to say that I am a Christian, but I still approve same-sex marriage. God created us, so he loves all of us. No matter what, he will always forgive us and love us. That is specifically in the Bible in multiple places. Also, I wanted to say that even if same-sex marriage was illegal, it wouldn't stop people from dating someone of the same gender. Making it illegal will just take out a huge piece of the relationship. They would still have their relationship though, and it won't affect people who are straight. Marriage is a commitment to the other, so as long as they really love each other, and really want to get married, how is that worse than a straight person marrying someone of the opposite gender for reason like their money, they messed up and had a kid together, things like that. If straight marriage can occur for false reasons and end soon after, gay marriage should be allowed to occur for genuine reasons to last forever.
Vote Placed by Beverlee 3 years ago
Beverlee
cecisanchezvirgenrwoods019Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Conduct for comparing marriage equality to sex with animals, arguments for saying that marriage equality will lead to beastiality, which is a slippery slope fallacy. Pro did not have much work to do here.