BlackHomophobicAtheists
DemSoc

Homophobia is beneficial to many heterosexuals

BlackHomophobicAtheists

BlackHomophobicAtheists

Pro

Let's just keep it simple. State your argument and we will see who wins.

Homophobia is rooted in unwanted sexual advances (Pirlott, Angela et al)

Homophobia rooted in disgust, not fear. (Olatunji et AL 2001)

Beneficial -
favorable or advantageous; resulting in good.

1. Straight friend crushes is one of the most common issues in the gay community. Many closet and open gays crush on their straight friends. Many heterosexuals consider this a problem. Homophobes are less likely to experience this problem because homophobes wouldn't befriend open gays in the first place in which keeps open gays out of their life to avoid any possible discomforting friendship issues. Gays are less likely to come on to homophobes in which saves homophobes from being discomforted compared to non-homophobic heterosexuals . Gays are more likely to attemp to sexually seduce non-homophobic heterosexuals based on wishful thinking that the non-homophobic heterosexual might be a little gay. Closet gays are less likely to even reveal their crush on a homophobe in which prevents discomforting homophobes. Closet gays are also less likely to come out to homophobes in which also prevents discomforting homophobes. These real situations gives homophobes the favorable outcome resulting in good for the homophobe compared to non-homophobic heterosexuals giving the same situation.

2. Some non-homophobic heterosexuals experience homosexuality out of curiosity in which increases the chances of contracting deadly stds. Unlike some non-homophobic heterosexuals, Homophobes will not experience homosexuality thereby decreasing std risks. Unlike homophobes, Some non-homophobic heterosexuals experience homosexuality for the money. Some non-homophobic heterosexuals are weak so they let homosexuals persuade them to be sexually seduced. Some gays use alcohol and drugs to sexually seduce their non -homophobic heterosexual friends. These sceneros could never happen with homophobes because homophobes wouldn't even befriend gays or hang out with gays in the first place..Homophobic heterosexuals get the advantage because our homophobia make it impossible for heterosexuals to experience homosexuality in which decreases the risk of contracting deadly stds for homophobes.

The homophobes who are caught engaging in homosexual behavior are fake homophobes. In other words, they are pretending to be homophobic.
DemSoc

Con

I will be arguing that homophobia in practice is an undesirable trait that is destructive to society.

Definitions:

Undesirable - not desirable or attractive; objectionable

Homophobia - unreasoning fear of or antipathy toward homosexuals and homosexuality.

1. "Straight friend crushes" being deemed undesirable can easily be compared to unwanted advances from men to women, which are often more open and more destructive. In a recent study, [1] Cosmopolitan found that 1 in 3 women ages 18 to 34 have experienced sexual harassment at the workplace, with only 10% of that coming from female coworkers. The argument I am countering simply describes "crushes", which are innocent in nature. The problem we are dealing with in our society is not unwanted advances on straight men, but unwanted advances on straight women by straight men. I'd like to ask for sources upon which the pro argument has used for logic behind the following statements: "Gays are less likely to come on to homophobes in which saves homophobes from being discomforted compared to non-homophobic heterosexuals" and "Many heterosexuals consider ["crushes" on them by LGBT men] a problem".

2. Those who are purely heterosexual do not experience a desire for homosexual acts. [2] The Kinsey Scale is a widely accepted scale to rate heterosexual and homosexual attraction. An exclusively heterosexual person at 0 would feel no attraction to members of the same sex, and would not be inclined to perform sexual acts with them. [3] Furthermore, there is no way to change sexual orientation, so associating with an LGBT individual would not make you LGBT. [4] HIV can be found among all groups of people. The single reason for a higher HIV rate among LGBT males than straight couples is that LGBT males are less likely to use a condom, due to improper sex education on homosexual acts, leading some to believe that condoms are not needed in homosexual intercourse. Finally, alcohol and drug use is nothing short of rape. [5] The prevalence of using these is also large with straight people, with 25% of female rape victims reporting that drugs or alcohol were used in their rape. This isn't an LGBT problem, it's a societal problem. I'd like to ask for sources for the logic behind the following statements used by the pro side of the argument: "Homophobes will not experience homosexuality thereby decreasing std risks." in regards to decreased STD risks, "Some non-homophobic heterosexuals are weak so they let homosexuals persuade them to be sexually seduced", and "Some gays use alcohol and drugs to sexually seduce their non -homophobic heterosexual friends"

Thank you for debating this important issue with me. I look forward to your argument.

[1] http://www.cosmopolitan.com...
[2] http://www.kinseyinstitute.org...
[3] http://www.hrc.org...
[4] http://www.thebody.com...
[5] http://www.sexualityandu.ca...
BlackHomophobicAtheists

Pro

"I will be arguing that homophobia in practice is an undesirable trait that is destructive to society"

This is a straw man fallacy.

In other words, you are attacking a distorted version of my claim. My claim is, homophobia is beneficial to many heterosexuals. You're not addressing my specific claim. You are arguing as if my claim is, "homophobia is a desirable trait and its not destructive to society" That's not my argument. Even if it was my argument, your claim would be invalid because, "destructive to society" and "undesirable trait" are subjective terms in this particular situation. Homophobic Heterosexuals who refuse to befriend gays maybe psychologically destructive to gays but it would beneficial to many heterosexuals being the fact that it is common for many gays to develop crushes on their heterosexual friends. Many homophobes choose to be homophobes because it's a desirable trait.

"being deemed undesirable can easily be compared to unwanted advances from men to women, which are often more open and more destructive"

This is a tu quoque fallacy...

Again, you're not addressing my claim specifically. Again, my argument is, homophobia is beneficial to many heterosexuals.
Even if my argument wasn't what it is, you are spewing a faulty analogy fallacy. Unlike crushes between men and women, Simply being heterosexual means uninterested in any person of the same sex. In other words, the heterosexual is not interested by default. The problem is, many gays who crush on their same sex heterosexual friends don't seem to respect their heterosexual's friends' sexuality. When a heterosexual crushes on a heterosexual person of the opposite sex, there's no issue with respect for ones sexuality. Many gays turn to wishful thinking to justify disrespecting their same sex friends' sexual orientation. Homophobia stops that nonsense before it even gets started in which ultimately benefits homophobes

"The argument I am countering simply describes "crushes", which are innocent in nature"

This is an appeal to emotions fallacy...

The fact remains, when heterosexuals befriend someone, they aren't asking for a crush from a homo. You seem to be only concerned about what gays want. Unlike non-homophobic heterosexuals, homophobia eliminates the issues of having to deal with crushes from openly or closeted gays because homophobes would not befriend gays to begin with. Most straight crushes involve gays who crush on heterosexuals who are their friends

"Those who are purely heterosexual do not experience a desire for homosexual acts"

First of all, heterosexuals dont have to desire homosexual acts in order to experience homosexuality. Some non-homophobic heterosexuals have experienced homosexuality for money, career opportunities, peer pressure, ect. Many closeted gays experienced heterosexuality without desiring it because of environmental pressures. If environmental pressures could cause homosexuals to experience heterosexuality, the same goes for heterosexuals experiencing homosexuality. Better yet, there's a reality show called 'gay for pay'. It's about heterosexuals engaging in homosexuality for pay. There are lesbians who work in strip clubs who give men lap dances. Some prostitutes are even lesbians. They are lesbians but they have sex with men for money.

Even gays admit that it's possible so sexually seduce heterosexuals IF they aren't homophobic.

Google "How to seduce a straight guy in 8 easy steps" by jamedues. In step 7, this gay man clearly conveys If the straight guy isn't homophobic, you have a chance at seducing him.
DemSoc

Con

DemSoc forfeited this round.
BlackHomophobicAtheists

Pro

This is a straw man fallacy.

This is a tu quoque fallacy...

DemSoc

Con

DemSoc forfeited this round.
Posted by BlackHomophobicAtheists 1 year ago
BlackHomophobicAtheists
1. Your source is way outdated..... 1980? In 1980, gays were still pretending to be straight... that alone invalidates your claim

2. How could you not see that Life-threatening incurable diseases is much much worse than None life threatening incurable diseases. You're basically saying life has no value all for the sake of trying to prove that heterosexuality is just as bad as homosexuality in which is not even true

Unlike heterosexuals, there are deadly STD epidemics among gays which means homosexuality is a dangerous behavior... nobody in their right mind would embrace a dangerous behavior

3. Gays are even more likely to have non life threatening incurable diseases as well as life-threatening incurable diseases

HSV-2, prevalence among MSM-Ever was 18.4% (in those reporting male sexual partners in the past year, prevalence was 19.6%). "HSV-2 was detected in 12.5% of heterosexual men
http://www.thehelpernewsletter.org...;
Posted by MagicAintReal 1 year ago
MagicAintReal
An incurable disease is significantly found in straight men, and you refuse to see how this damages your point about gays = disease...you're simply a bigot...and you don't know how to read articles...and the fact that you make logical fallacies, and cite so many gay unfriendly statistics is a sign of a really simple minded person. You clearly do not read the very things you cite, and ignore anything that goes against your bigotry. I can't wait to vote on this debate...seems like you can't really win a debate either...i wonder why.
BlackHomophobicAtheists
No, YOU misread the article.

The article conveyed, syphilis was on its way to being eliminated until gays caused a dramatic rise in syphilis cases. Therefore, gays literally stopped a deadly STD from being eliminated.

Gays between the ages of 13 and 24 are the future of gays. Therefore, gay supporters are likely on the wrong side of history considering it's been proven that the majority of HIV infections are happening among gay, serious, committed relationships in which obviously includes gay marriages. In other words, legalizing gay marriage will surely worsen the HIV epidemic among gays. Gay marriage influences on 6th Ex but it does not guarantee loyalty. Its not my problem

By the way, herpes is not life threatening.
Posted by MagicAintReal 1 year ago
MagicAintReal
You misrepresented the huffington post article, gays didn't BRING BACK SYPHILIS, it's on the rise...your other sources are just talking about new cases, and most of these are ages 13-24...you are also committing a sharp shooter fallacy saying "The most serious, life-threatening STDs EPIDEMICS are overwhelmingly infecting GAYS" while ignoring the array of STDs that are prevalent in heterosexual males.

You have to admit, that for the diseases I provided, straight men are more likely to have herpes, which of course is incurable...damn straights.
BlackHomophobicAtheists
The most serious, life-threatening STDs EPIDEMICS are overwhelmingly infecting GAYS.

HIV and syphilis are the two most dangerous STDs and gays make up the vast majority of the infections even though they are only 4% of the population

Gay men triggered the hiv epidemic
http://youtu.be...

Gay men brought back syphilis and triggered the syphillis epidemic after it was nearly eliminated
http://m.huffpost.com...

Half of all gay men in the largest city in South Africa are infected with HIV

http://mg.co.za...

Hiv is decreasing among heterosexuals but increasing alarmingly among gays

http://thewestsidestory.net...

In 2010, gays made up 72% of all new HIV infections

In 2013, gays made up 81% of all new HIV infections

http://www.cdc.gov...

In 2012, gays made up 84% of syphilis cases.

In 2013, gays made up 91% of syphilis cases

http://www.m.webmd.com...

Study: Biology Leaves gay men highly vulnerable to HIV
According to Unaids, Hiv is more common among gay men in all areas of the world including Africa"

http://health.usnews.com...

Shigella outbreak among gay and bisexual men

http://www.cdc.gov...

New drug resistant gonorrhea striking gay men
http://dailyxtra.com...

New Deadly meningitis striking gay men
http://americablog.com...

Hepatitis C rising among gay men
http://www.natap.org...

New flesh eating bacterial strain striking gay men
http://www.nytimes.com...

A rare disease,
Posted by MagicAintReal 1 year ago
MagicAintReal
Speaking of putting people into one box.
I see your point on the equating of black oppression to the gay movement bothering you, because you feel it isn't on the same level, and you might have a point there, but you're ignoring that the marginalization of any non violent people, minority or otherwise, is the problem.

You fail to recognize all the STDs that straight people have.

Straight men compared to gay men, straight men have more instances of:
1. nongonococcal urethritis
2. herpes
3. pediculosis pubis
4. scabies
5. genital warts
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

Is heterophobia beneficial for homosexuals to avoid herpes?
BlackHomophobicAtheists
Yes, gays create blogs about how to seduce straight guys.

Why does this make me hate gays?

Gays claim that homophobes are secretly gay but when they talk amongst themselves, they clearly convey that it is the the non-homophobic heterosexuals who are secretly gay. That means they are deliberately lying about homophobes. To plan something but knowing the opposite is true is outright evil. I hate them.They even admit that homophobia ruins their chances of seducing straight men. The more I learn about gays, the more I hate them. In other words, simply learning thr truth about gays makes me hate gays
BlackHomophobicAtheists
I will admit it. I'm obsessed with addressing mass DECEIT. Just so happen, I see the most deceit coming from the gay community and the gay movement causing me to focus on the perpetrators.

Because I'm highly intelligent, I don't see things like most people do.

When gays compare themselves to the struggle of blacks, I see it as a faulty analogy and appealing to emotions by associating themselves with a sensitive issue to gain the same sympathy that blacks achieved. I see it as a DIRTY TRICK. I just want to smack them for that. It angers me. In reality, pedophiles, incestuous couples and polygamists all fought for some type of civil rights. Gays are looking for sympathy, not the correct analogy. Like pedophiles, polygamists and incestuous people, gays are a sexual minority, not a race. Gays have the audacity to use MY race to fool people into gaining sympathy. Gays are nowhere to be found when blacks need support but they want to use the struggle of a blacks to gain support. For that reason alone, I hate gays.

Gays promoted the biggest misnomer (homophobia) in the history of the English language all for the sake of silencing their opponents into submission. That pisses me off. To make it worse, they tried to use this silencing dirty tactic on me. For that reason, I purchased a t-shirt and put the letters homophobic atheist on it. Attempting to bully me into not exercising my free speech makes me want to exterminate every one of them.

I'm 100% sure the gays are the cradle of STD epidemics. What angers me the most is, gays do everything in their power to convince the masses that it is not true. In other words, gays would rather deceive the masses rather then risk more stigma..... Deceiving people about something as serious as deadly STD epidemics is outright evil. For that reason, I would vote for the death penalty on all gays.

My only problem is being too intelligent to see through the propaganda

If I saw afor that reason, I

What's funny is
Posted by MagicAintReal 1 year ago
MagicAintReal
Wait did you cite "How to seduce a straight guy in 8 easy steps."
I rest my case.
Posted by MagicAintReal 1 year ago
MagicAintReal
I don't see how money makes your point even stronger.
Could you explain what the money would ride on?
Would you put this kind of money on a test to see if you were religious?
I understand being passionate about human behavior, but what is your particular obsession man?
Btws, I'm straight, but that is also irrelevant to your over emphasis on hating gays...it's so extreme, that it almost certainly indicates a deeper relationship with homosexuality.

Like did you see the movie American beauty? You would be that guy who calls his son a queer and all that, but secretly wants to bang kevin spacey...I'm saying that you want to bang kevin spacey.
Vote Placed by lannan13 1 year ago
lannan13
BlackHomophobicAtheistsDemSocTied
Reasons for voting decision: Forfeiture