Homophobic people for whatever reason I challenge you to a debate

Top Ten Reasons to Make Gay Marriage Illegal

01) Being gay is not natural. Real Americans always reject unnatural things like eyeglasses, polyester, and air conditioning.

02) Gay marriage will encourage people to be gay, in the same way that hanging around tall people will make you tall.

03) Legalizing gay marriage will open the door to all kinds of crazy behavior. People may even wish to marry their pets because a dog has legal standing and can sign a marriage contract.

04) Straight marriage has been around a long time and hasn"t changed at all like many of the principles on which this great country was founded; women are still property, blacks still can"t marry whites, and divorce is still illegal.

05) Straight marriage will be less meaningful if gay marriage were allowed; the sanctity of marriages like Britney Spears" 55-hour just-for-fun marriage would be destroyed.

06) Straight marriages are valid because they produce children. Gay couples, infertile couples, and old people shouldn"t be allowed to marry because our orphanages aren"t full yet, and the world needs more children.

07) Obviously gay parents will raise gay children, since straight parents only raise straight children.

08) Gay marriage is not supported by religion. In a theocracy like ours, the values of one religion are imposed on the entire country. That"s why we have only one religion in America.

09) Children can never succeed without a male and a female role model at home. That"s why we as a society expressly forbid single parents to raise children.

10) Gay marriage will change the foundation of society; we could never adapt to new social norms. Just like we haven"t adapted to cars, the service-sector economy, or longer life spans.

You know this is all true so please tell my why you don't approve of homosexuality

I do want the gay marriage to be legal. I am homophobic in a way, so I will present arguments against gay marriage.
I am great proponent of freedom, and I believe no arguments can outweigh it, but let's do this for fun.
Since we have 5 rounds, I will use this one as acceptance only.

I don't really know what except envy is I'm new can you explain to me how all the rounds are suppose to go

Now that being homosexual is not accepted by society, homosexuals are not approaching same sex people in a way heterosexuals approaching opposite sex people. They are restrained by the high possibility of severe reactions.
If being homosexual was accepted by society, we(heterosexuals) would have to deal with awkward and nauseous situations, such as same sex people flirting with us and touching us.

You should now provide counter-arguments for my point, and provide arguments for gay marriage, except freedom argument, if you have any.

Well my good sir, the homosexual community would know that most of the population is heterosexual and most likely will not flirt with them thats why there are gay bars and hang out spots for the homosexual community. You don't just go up to a female slap her buttox and "damn girl I want to do you so hard" if you do you are insane and are deserving of a punch in the face. The fact is people deal with all types
Of awkwardness through out there lifetime without homosexuals in the picture they
Deal with it when the opposite sex ask them out and they turn it down that's still awkward. You can't run away from awkwardness with or without the homosexual community. Awkwardness is a part of life.

Awkwardness is part of the life, but intensity matters. We humans tend to minimize unpleasant emotions.

Another argument I would like to rise, a little more serious one, and the one that will counter your "homosexual community would know that most of the population is heterosexual" argument.
Since masturbation is basically *ucking your own hand, and it is possible to ejaculate by masturbation, partner that attracts you is not necessary for sex. You can also have sex with partner you are not attracted to. This is why, if homosexuality was accepted by society, number of bisexuals would significantly grow.

I'm not completely understanding I think a larger number of herosrxuals would be great because you can repopulate and still be in love with your partner you most likely won't get as much rejection

Since my opponent didn't give me anything to refute,I will pass this round.

Over population. Abortion as well as homsexuality are things that need to be legalized in order to slow down overpopulation. If you ban these things we are just going to get closer and closer to overpopulation and then what they would be hoping the just legalized these things from the start. The world only has enough natural resources for 9 billion people. Unless we could quickly populate another planet that can sustain life then we are going to have a mass famine and lack of resources and we will die out except for the rich. Not only would we die out but most life on this planet would die out we would need to keep cutting down trees and invading farm land animals would nothing to eat and nowhere to live. If we legalize avortion and homosexuality it will keep us from getting closer to overpopulation hopefully just in r
Time to populate another planet.

Homosexuality is not solving the problem of overpopulation in any way. Homosexuals are very inclined to use sperm banks.
Posted by lilianhunter 2 years ago
Homophobes may say being gay turns your child gay? What about all the heterosexual couples with gay children?
Posted by ArcTImes 2 years ago
omg the confusion haha.
Posted by philochristos 2 years ago
If you seriously want to have a debate on homosexuality, you're going about it the wrong way.

First, your resolution is addressed to "homophobic" people, so whoever accepts the debate will implicitly be admitting that they are homophobic. Most people who might be willing to debate you on the morality of homosexuality will not agree that they are homophobic, so they won't accept your challenge.

Second, your opening salvo straw-mans several arguments that people typically make against homosexuality, which is going to leave many people who might've been willing to debate you with the impression that you're not interested in being fair or reasonable, which raises doubts about whether you'd be a serious opponent worth debating.

If you meant this whole challenge to be a rhetorical pretense, and not a real challenge, then maybe you should keep things the way they are. But if you want to have a serious debate, you should reword your resolution and remove your "top 10 reasons to make gay marriage illegal."
Posted by EndarkenedRationalist 2 years ago
Wow. Such plagiarism.
Vote Placed by FuzzyCatPotato 2 years ago
Reasons for voting decision: >_<