Homophobic people for whatever reason I challenge you to a debate
Debate Rounds (5)
01) Being gay is not natural. Real Americans always reject unnatural things like eyeglasses, polyester, and air conditioning.
02) Gay marriage will encourage people to be gay, in the same way that hanging around tall people will make you tall.
03) Legalizing gay marriage will open the door to all kinds of crazy behavior. People may even wish to marry their pets because a dog has legal standing and can sign a marriage contract.
04) Straight marriage has been around a long time and hasn"t changed at all like many of the principles on which this great country was founded; women are still property, blacks still can"t marry whites, and divorce is still illegal.
05) Straight marriage will be less meaningful if gay marriage were allowed; the sanctity of marriages like Britney Spears" 55-hour just-for-fun marriage would be destroyed.
06) Straight marriages are valid because they produce children. Gay couples, infertile couples, and old people shouldn"t be allowed to marry because our orphanages aren"t full yet, and the world needs more children.
07) Obviously gay parents will raise gay children, since straight parents only raise straight children.
08) Gay marriage is not supported by religion. In a theocracy like ours, the values of one religion are imposed on the entire country. That"s why we have only one religion in America.
09) Children can never succeed without a male and a female role model at home. That"s why we as a society expressly forbid single parents to raise children.
10) Gay marriage will change the foundation of society; we could never adapt to new social norms. Just like we haven"t adapted to cars, the service-sector economy, or longer life spans.
You know this is all true so please tell my why you don't approve of homosexuality
I am great proponent of freedom, and I believe no arguments can outweigh it, but let's do this for fun.
Since we have 5 rounds, I will use this one as acceptance only.
If being homosexual was accepted by society, we(heterosexuals) would have to deal with awkward and nauseous situations, such as same sex people flirting with us and touching us.
You should now provide counter-arguments for my point, and provide arguments for gay marriage, except freedom argument, if you have any.
Of awkwardness through out there lifetime without homosexuals in the picture they
Deal with it when the opposite sex ask them out and they turn it down that's still awkward. You can't run away from awkwardness with or without the homosexual community. Awkwardness is a part of life.
Another argument I would like to rise, a little more serious one, and the one that will counter your "homosexual community would know that most of the population is heterosexual" argument.
Since masturbation is basically *ucking your own hand, and it is possible to ejaculate by masturbation, partner that attracts you is not necessary for sex. You can also have sex with partner you are not attracted to. This is why, if homosexuality was accepted by society, number of bisexuals would significantly grow.
Time to populate another planet.
1 votes has been placed for this debate.
Vote Placed by FuzzyCatPotato 2 years ago
|Agreed with before the debate:||-||-||0 points|
|Agreed with after the debate:||-||-||0 points|
|Who had better conduct:||-||-||1 point|
|Had better spelling and grammar:||-||-||1 point|
|Made more convincing arguments:||-||-||3 points|
|Used the most reliable sources:||-||-||2 points|
|Total points awarded:||0||0|
Reasons for voting decision: >_<
You are not eligible to vote on this debate
This debate has been configured to only allow voters who meet the requirements set by the debaters. This debate either has an Elo score requirement or is to be voted on by a select panel of judges.