Danielle
MouthWash

Homosexual couples can raise kids just as well as heterosexual couples.

MouthWash

Danielle

Pro

This debate is based on my opponent's assertion that homosexual couples cannot raise children as well as heterosexual couples. Hopefully he accepts the challenge to defend this assertion - otherwise we have no reason to consider it remotely credible. After all, considering he has so many sources claiming to validate his position, it shouldn't be difficult for him to defend his beliefs in a formal debate.

There should be no semantics used in this discussion; I think it's obvious which position each of us will be defending. My opponent can begin his argument now, or use the first round for acceptance only and wait for me to open the debate in Round 2. Thank you in advance to MouthWash and I wish him the best of luck in this debate...
MouthWash

Con

I accept the debate. I don't believe Danielle ever had the opportunity to debate a competent person on this subject, and it will likely be enlightening for both of us.

I await her opening argument.
Danielle

Pro

Danielle forfeited this round.
MouthWash

Con

Sadly, my opponent has forfeited. I hope that she will be back for the next round.
Danielle

Pro

Danielle forfeited this round.
MouthWash

Con

Well, from what I've been hearing, Danielle isn't going to be around for a while. Anyway, I think this "gay marriage" thing is just a recent trend, like in the sixties, and twenty years from now no one is going to care. I look forward to that day.
Danielle

Pro

Danielle forfeited this round.
MouthWash

Con

I further note you have an unfortunate habit of taunting others of being to intimidated or afraid to debate and then failing to fulfill your own commitments.
Posted by Man-is-good 4 years ago
Man-is-good
MouthWash, you know I said I won't be looking or considering things outside of the debate...I don't want to let that influence my vote on what is strictly confined in Danielle's and your arguments.
Posted by MouthWash 4 years ago
MouthWash
The word "can" had nothing to do with the debate. Mirza protested, she ignored him, I protested throughout the debate, she ignored me and plowed on. She stated that we "both knew what we were discussing" in the beginning, but apparently we didn't. I thought her justifications in Round 3 were a result of rushing it; I should have known something was off when she called it weak in the comments.

Look in the earlier comments. You'll understand the whole thing better.
Posted by Man-is-good 4 years ago
Man-is-good
"The entire thing basically proves voting on this site is a joke."
Actually, that is true due to the issues many have had (ask KeytarHero) due to biased or poorly done voting that is omnipresent on the site.
" I don't understand how pointing out semantics, or becoming frustrated with them qualifies as arrogance but I don't understand most of the RDFs anyway."
Well, the arrogance comes in not only refusing to reconsider your view of your opponent's contentions but continuing to call them "semantics" and to use that as a way to bash the voting on this site...
Posted by MouthWash 4 years ago
MouthWash
The entire thing basically proves voting on this site is a joke. I don't understand how pointing out semantics, or becoming frustrated with them qualifies as arrogance but I don't understand most of the RDFs anyway.
Posted by Man-is-good 4 years ago
Man-is-good
And I'll retract that previous comment of mine--and response to your statement. However, if you want to challenge my vote on your other debate with Danielle, feel free to do so...
Posted by Man-is-good 4 years ago
Man-is-good
If you are addressing me, then yes I would, though on a different topic...However, I did make that comment to note the jarring results where you faced Danielle without any interference, as opposed to what happened here.

I apologize if it sounded sarcastic, but I wouldn't go as far to directly note your arrogance in your other debate with Danielle. I should also note that I have revised my vote to make it less vituperative but that doesn't mean my opinion of your conduct has changed.

Sorry.
Posted by MouthWash 4 years ago
MouthWash
Instead of making half-hearted sarcastic comments, why not debate me yourself when the time comes? I'm going to do it again, and no amount of intellectual dishonesty will stop me this time.
Posted by Man-is-good 4 years ago
Man-is-good
"I further note you have an unfortunate habit of taunting others of being to intimidated or afraid to debate and then failing to fulfill your own commitments."

It's too bad that when Danielle does fulfill her own commitments, it comes at the expense of a personal victory for others, Mouthwash. ;)
Posted by MouthWash 4 years ago
MouthWash
I had no clue she would leave. I'll probably challenge her when she comes back.
Posted by Ahmed.M 4 years ago
Ahmed.M
Haha, MouthWash accepted Danielle's debate knowing she would be gone for a while.
Vote Placed by socialpinko 4 years ago
socialpinko
DanielleMouthWashTied
Reasons for voting decision: Unfortunately Danielle could not be found to put forward an argument. Should be fun to follow if she ever gets around to re-doing this debate. No arguments put forward by the instigator means it's impossible to uphold the BoP, therefore arguments to Con.
Vote Placed by ConservativePolitico 4 years ago
ConservativePolitico
DanielleMouthWashTied
Vote Placed by AlwaysMoreThanYou 4 years ago
AlwaysMoreThanYou
DanielleMouthWashTied
Reasons for voting decision: "I further note you have an unfortunate habit of taunting others of being to intimidated or afraid to debate and then failing to fulfill your own commitments."
Vote Placed by TUF 4 years ago
TUF
DanielleMouthWashTied
Reasons for voting decision: Full forfeit