Erick
joshuaXlawyer

Homosexual couples should be able to adopt children.

Erick

Erick

Pro

Hello and welcome to my debate.
This debate consists of Gay adoption and if they should have the right to adopt.

These definitions are all referenced to Merriam Webster's Dictionary.

Homosexual- : of, relating to, or characterized by a tendency to direct sexual desire toward another of the same sex
Couple- two persons married, engaged, or otherwise romantically paired
Should- used in auxiliary function to express condition
Able- having sufficient power, skill, or resources to accomplish an object
Adopting- to take by choice into a relationship; especially : to take voluntarily (a child of other parents) as one's own child
Child- a son or daughter of human parents

My opponent will say he/she accepts and is ready for the debate in Round 1 then I will begin my arguments in Round 2 and so on. I hope for an interesting debate and an opening to society's eyes.
joshuaXlawyer

Con

I accept your terms and stand ready for your arguments
Erick

Pro

1- Good Alternative to provide children a loving home.
Society is changing, and the traditional idea of the nuclear family with married mother and father is no longer the only acceptable alternative. The reason that many countries are beginning to award legal rights to gay couples is because the stability of such relationships is now recognised. There is no reason, therefore, why such couples cannot provide a stable and loving upbringing for children.

2- Accepting gays.
Some babies are born with a predisposition to homosexuality (both human and in other races), and their upbringing will not be affect their sexuality. Attempting to suppress this genetic predisposition has resulted in great misery for many people. Rather, we should accept this and look to embrace all gay people fully or we stay in this denial situation where having a different sexual orientation means not the right to adopt a child.

3- It will help to reach the end Homophobia.
The homophobia in some sections of society is wrong, and must be fought however possible. Couples from ethnic minorities are not barred from adoption even in racist areas. Only through the full inclusion of gays in society and all its institutions can we hope to overcome prejudice against Gays.

4- Reduce the number of Children in Foster homes.
There are 423,773 children in the U.S. foster care system; 114,556 of these children are available for adoption. Their birth parent's legal rights have been permanently terminated and children are left without a family.[1] Those children could easily live with a happy family if we let Homosexual couples be able to adopt them , instead of living in a foster system where they have no family whatsoever. HG Legal Directories reports that as many as 75 percent of all children in foster care upon leaving the system, will have experianced sexual abuse. Living in a happy home with a family or living with no family whatsoever and possibly fall into that 75% that gets sexually abused, which you do you think sounds more moral?

5- It is immoral not to let Homosexual couples not be able to adopt a child.
What has the gay community done wrong to not be able to adopt a child? The matter of fact is that the government would be denying the right to a percentage of people because of there sexual orientation. The movie "The Great Debaters" show how back then even the Black community could not attent state universities. They beleived because of prejudice that they shouldn't attent a State university, way back even interracial couples couldn't marry because of prejudice and people were afraid of making prejudice even bigger. How can we progress and take prejudice against gays away if we don't even allow them to adopt a child as heterosexual couples do? I take a moment to ask the audience is denying the right to adopt a child to a certain group of people because of there certain sexual orientation moral? Is it right to deny them to love an adoptive child and take care of it because of there sexual preference? No, the moment to stop prejudice the moment to give equal rights is always, always right now. And voting Pro leads a step in that direction.

Sources: 1- http://www.davethomasfoundation.org...

This is why I urge you to vote Pro, Thank You.
joshuaXlawyer

Con

Ok, real quick before i start i would like to clarify one thing to every gay or gay rights activists im about to sound like a big jerk but its a debate rememer that so i will now start....

1The physcological effects of having homosexual parents has negative effects on the children adopted by them.
For an example males that have lesbian mothers are more likely to have an effect to make them be lesss masculine and the reverse for female kids.

2 Despite this increase in gay and lesbian parenting, social workers may have reservations when considering gay adoptive parents for a child. They might wonder how the children will be raised and how they will feel about themselves and their parents. Will they be embarrassed because they have two mothers or two fathers, or because their single mother dates women or their unmarried father has a boyfriend? Will their friends tease them? Will they be more likely to be homosexual than will children raised by heterosexual parents? And most important, how will having been raised by gay or lesbian parents affect them as they grow into adulthood? These socitial set backs are the problems gays in todays socity are looked down upon, These kids would most likely to be ridiculed and made fun of in todays socity. This in today socity the kids might as well be gay , they will be treated the same. This will most likely lead to depression, and possibly sucide .

3 Of all sucide 30% is of gays and if kids parented by gays are treated like gays then they possibly count for this 30 percent.

I will now attack my opponets case...

As i have stated how it negatively effect the children making it not a good alternative and making it not a good choice.

2- Accepting gays.
My opponet does not address the genetic predispostion and does not nor gives any facts to suppport his claim so it falls, but just for clarification that he does no state how or why this genetic perdisposition does what he says it does.

my opponent again doesn't really clarify how this stops homophobia, he pretty much states tha its wrong and minorities shouldn't be barred from adoption. Well the fact of this is this will not decrease homophobia, as long as we have stright people there will always be this looming homophobia. Not to mention as long as Christainity,Islam,Judism, and Catholics exist. So really the only way homophobia will ever be gone is if everyone turned gay and didnt believe in the religions i stated.

OMG statistics yay lol sorry anyway....
That 75% might out weigh the homosexual path but either or is not a better choice , the kids adopted by homosexuals will be treated like homosexuals and made fun of in this socity.
Homosexuality may never become accepted in this socity and so far my opponent hasnt addressed how it ever will.

Ok for one i think you mean to say unconstitutional not immoral because morals vary christains would say its immoral to be gay, there moral beliefs say so. So let me ask you does the constitution gie gays right does it say any where n the bill of rights freedom of sexuality no there for it does not apply, the U.S was based upon christainity so that would be a good reason its not in there.
Erick

Pro

1- Don't you beleive that having two male parents or two female parents would have the same or even better effect on the child than living with a single parent? Even though the child does not necessarily have 2 different gendered parents it does not mean it will not have both masculine and female effects in there life. Many children live in single parent homes, if the point you made which was " males that have lesbian mothers are more likely to have an effect to make them be lesss masculine and the reverse for female kids." would be contradicting considering the fact that according to the U.S. Department of Health and Human services 33% of adoptions are made by single parents, and the child could be influence by them as well since there is only one gender parent. Since same sex adoption should not be allowed shouldn't it be illegal for a single person to adopt a child be illegal as well? The American Psychological Association also states "Research suggests that sexual identities (including gender identity, gender-role behavior, and sexual orientation) develop in much the same ways among children of lesbian and gay mothers and fathers as they do among children of heterosexual parents". Therefore, they will develop the same way as they would in a heterosexual couple thus having no reason why homosexual couples should not adopt a child.

2- Social workers can worry and it is understandable any of them would since to some people suggest gays are not fit for parenting. Now let me explain, every child is different and every child reacts different ways, of course if a child finds out he or she is adoptive the reactions will range even in a heterosexual couple thus should not be a problem in homosexual couples since it is normal. Most children get embarrased by there parents sooner or later wheter it is because they are dorky, really tall, really short, very loud or anything that seems different to children or teenagers; in my personal experiance i've been embarrased by my parents too, they acted corny in front of my friends. The point i'm trying to make is that every parent has there differences and instead about worrying if were different and even doubting if our future children will be embarrased of us, we should teach them that it is OK to be different, that it is OK to be the only one who raises your hand in class that it is OK to be yourself no matter what ANYONE else says; creating this tipe of bond and letting your child now that its ok to be different will help them find who they really are and not be afraid of what other people think. If there friends tease them, obviously there not true friends; even if the child is embarrased sooner or later they will realize a parent is a special gift, wheter they are gay, lesbian, or straight. Because parents are who help you become who you are today. Our society has a problem with not accepting different types of people, we are who we are and as a society we should accept one another and move on as a nation with tolerance, peace, and prosperity.

3- "Of all sucide 30% is of gays and if kids parented by gays are treated like gays then they possibly count for this 30 percent."

This statement first of all has no sources thus is invalid, secondly this is irrevelant because you are talking about gays in general these gays could be adults, elderly, or teenagers. Plus, if children that are gay end up with a gay family it would create a better atmosphere because they could relate more to them because of there same sex orientation thus would decrease the chances of them comitting suicide unlike if they were to be in a heterosexual couple's care. And to state that "if kids parented by gays are treated like gays" is ALSO irrevelant to say because you have no proof that kids adopted by gay men are treated like gays.

My own cases:

1- Good alternative to provide children a loving home.
As I have also stated before The American Psychological Association states that "Research suggests that sexual identities (including gender identity, gender-role behavior, and sexual orientation) develop in much the same ways among children of lesbian and gay mothers and fathers as they do among children of heterosexual parents". Now audience, who are you going to beleive The American Psychological Association or a statement that did not even come from a source?

2- Accepting Gays.
As i stated in 2 arguments already i proved that children are NOT affected (including gender identity, gender-role behavior, and sexual orientation) if both parents are homosexual, and again this is proven by The American Psychological Association.

I never stated it would stop homophobia, i stated it will help to reach the end of Homophobia; as it is stated in the topic. And it is going to help stop it by letting people know that Gays and Lesbians ARE allowed to have the same rights as heterosexual couples do in adopting thus creating an input in society of accepting gays.

My opponent has no room to talk about not having statistics, he had 1 so called statistic that didn't even had a source. Anyway moving on to the good stuff, you AGAIN have no proof that children adopted by homosexuals will be treated like homosexuals. And could you stop misspelling society, it is really bothering me sorry. To respond to your statement "Homosexuality may never become accepted in this socity and so far my opponent hasnt addressed how it ever will." It should not matter if homosexuality will ever be completely accepted by society, they should have the same rights as heterosexual couples do in adopting a child; the child will have no different sex orientation,gender identity, or gender role behavior as was proven by the The American Psychological Association so therefore they should have the same right as heterosexual couples and single parents do in adopting a child.

5- It is immoral not to let Homosexual couples not be able to adopt a child No I do not mean unconstitutional if I would of meant that, I would of said that. Moving on, yes some christians not "christains" would view being gay wrong but should American really consider Christianity as there proof why gays shouldn't be allowed to adopt a child? An addition to that, as you said some christians beleive being gay is wrong, not all; and what is your proof that the U.S. is based on christianity? And when you say "does the constitution gie gays right does it say any where n the bill of rights freedom of sexuality no there for it does not apply" then we can easily say OK EVERYONE FROM NOW ON ALL STRAIGHT PEOPLE CAN'T ADOPT A CHILD! why should straight couples be able to but not gays? I have shown you in my other arguments that having homosexual parents do not affect your sexual development; and if they do get teased teenagers and children get teased many times because they have something that is unusual in there lifes. I saw a child today get teased for playing Pokemon cards instead of Yu-Gi-Oh cards, does that mean we should ban all use of Pokemon Cards because the child is getting teased for it? No, it doesn't. We should STOP denying Homosexual couples there right to adopt the child for the simple fact that they are different and start giving equal rights to them because they are humans too, they are the society too and they deserve the right to adopt a child too.

I have proved that homosexual parents will not have an influence on the children's sexual orientation thus proving my opponent's whole purpose why homosexual parents can't adopt a child. My opponent has not proved another reason (with an actual source) that proves why homosexual parents can't adopt a child.

My 8000 Characters are done.
joshuaXlawyer

Con

joshuaXlawyer forfeited this round.
Posted by bluesteel 7 years ago
bluesteel
This is the main reason for my grammar and sources vote:
"3 Of all sucide 30% is of gays and if kids parented by gays are treated like gays then they possibly count for this 30 percent."
The forfeit is the reason for the conduct vote.
Posted by Erick 7 years ago
Erick
"I have proved that homosexual parents will not have an influence on the children's sexual orientation thus proving my opponent's whole purpose why homosexual parents can't adopt a child"

There is supposed to be a wrong after can't adopt a child, I ran out of characters.
Sorry.
Vote Pro!
Vote Placed by QuizKid 7 years ago
QuizKid
ErickjoshuaXlawyerTied
Vote Placed by bluesteel 7 years ago
bluesteel
ErickjoshuaXlawyerTied