sonal_gupta
TXTrane44

Homosexual marriage and relationships

sonal_gupta

Pro

I guess homosexual marriage is good. If two person happy with each other then why people are against them. They have their life they can do whatever they want. I think we should allow them to get married. This is not the thing against nature GOD never said this.
Concerning about children they can adopt child. there are so many child who live in orphanage and need care and proper facilities.
So nothing wrong in homosexual marriage.
TXTrane44

Con

I am going to argue that homosexual marriage should not be legal in the U.S. I will do so from a legal standpoint and not from religious or moral points. I find this argument pretty simple. For me, it is a cut and dry viewpoint as far as government and law are concerned.

First, to address some of your opening remarks; You said, "If two person happy with each other then why people are against them. They have their life they can do whatever they want. I think we should allow them to get married."

There is no state in our union where it is illegal to get married as a homosexual couple. The state doesn't grant you a license, and therefore the benefits, of same sex marriage, but you can get married. You can perform whatever ceremony you like, profess your undying love for one another and spend the rest of your lives together in any of the 50 states. The state simply doesn't grant you the same privileges of marriage.

You also said, "This is not the thing against nature GOD never said this." I assume this means, 'Homosexuality is not against nature and God never said it was.'

I am not going to argue my opinion on whether or not we should allow homosexual marriage on religious grounds, but just a quick comment; That depends on what god you are talking about. The Judeo-Christian God is pretty clear that homosexuality is a sexual sin, but I digress.

Your last comment regarding adoption, I don't have a problem with. Homosexuals should be allowed to adopt children.

Now for my reasoning on why I do not believe the state should allow homosexual marriage:

To discuss whether or not the state should adopt this idea, I think it is important to understand WHY the government cares about our relationships. I assert that the government is in the marriage business for 1 main reason; prosperity. They want to have a successful, healthy and happy population to create successful, healthy and happy populations. They want Americans living longer, more productive lives. In order to do so, they have invested in an institution that promotes those ideals.

The marriage contract is unique and special compared to all other contract law. It binds us to another person of complementary traits in a life-long commitment for the purposes of reproduction, child rearing and monogamy. These purposes, when fully realized, benefit society like no other relationship. To put it in Ryan Anderson of The Heritage Foundation's words; "Redefining marriage to make it a genderless institution fundamentally changes marriage: It makes the relationship more about the desires of adults than the needs"or rights"of children."

This institution was adopted by our government long ago to help our society grow and prosper. No government cares about your love life. They do not give special privileges to those who choose to exercise this right because they want them to be with the one they love. They do so because it takes a man and a woman to produce future citizens, to have those future citizens be raised in a nuclear family, and to have the parents of those citizens remain monogamous as to not be creating masses of illegitimate babies.
sonal_gupta

Pro

Homosexual marriage is legal in some states of US and totally banned in India. Everyone is not in this country want to be n same sex relationship, so they can stable our population. And I don't know about Christian religion so I don't want to comment on that.
TXTrane44

Con

You are correct in that some states in the U.S. do issue marriage licenses to gay couples, and some do not. However, homosexual marriage is not illegal in any state. You can get married, it just is not recognized by the state.

I did not see a rebuttal to any of my arguments, so I assume you cannot argue against them. I send the ball back to your court.
sonal_gupta

Pro

sonal_gupta forfeited this round.
TXTrane44

Con

TXTrane44 forfeited this round.
sonal_gupta

Pro

sonal_gupta forfeited this round.
TXTrane44

Con

TXTrane44 forfeited this round.
sonal_gupta

Pro

sonal_gupta forfeited this round.
TXTrane44

Con

TXTrane44 forfeited this round.