SGM_iz_SekC
Guidestone

Homosexual marriage should be legal nation-wide in the USA.

SGM_iz_SekC

Pro

If you want a religious debate, then you're out of luck, because there is a separation of church and state in the US (and I am an atheist). Give me a good argument that doesn't have a religious side. It's also not unnatural, because in many scientific studies there are over 15,000 species to have a recognizable form of homosexuality. If there is an ALL-POWERFUL GOD THAT HATES HOMOSEXUALS then why hasn't it removed homosexuality yet?
Guidestone

Con

"A core purpose of marriage is to guarantee that, as possible, each child is emotionally, practically, and legally affiliated with the woman & man whose sexual union brought the child into the world." [1] This shows that marriage is about procreation, and this explains why the government rightly recognizes and addresses this aspect of our social lives. Allowing gay marriage would shift the purpose of marriage from producing & raising children to adult gratification.

Source
[1] goo.gl/2xFrH6
SGM_iz_SekC

Pro

The 9th amendment in the United States Bill of Rights states, "The enumeration in the Constitution, of certain rights, shall not be construed to deny or disparage others retained by the people," which grants the people of the United States any other right not specified in the constitution. . A homosexual couple can still create and raise children through a surrogate mother or sperm bank, and the child would be raised as normal, and if not they can adopt a child.
Guidestone

Con

First, Homosexual couples can not create children. There is no child that has a genetic code from only one sex. Second, children do better with their biblical parents, which should, and is promoted with traditional marriage [1]. Further, marriage is a privilege, not a right, and it does not meet the requirements of the 1964 civil rights act [2]. Also, my opponent's reasoning could be used to defend polygamy, incest, or child marriages.

[1] http://goo.gl...;
[2] http://goo.gl...

SGM_iz_SekC

Pro

Yes, you are right that it could be used to defend polygamy, incest, and child marriages, but that is not what I am defending. Most of your arguments are, even though they have sources, still opinionated and are completely thrown out. There is no reason that gay marriage should not be legal because the children raised are more likely to be gay, that is prejudice. I am atheist so biblical parents is thrown out, because your religion can't be used to make laws (separation of church and state). :)
Guidestone

Con

My opponent admits his arguments could be used for a slippery slope, which is one of the big arguments against it. Also, my opponent must find the difference between sourced facts and opinions to him everything would be an opinion. I never mentioned gay parenting this is a strawman. I do have to apologize, I meant biological not biblical parents. Defining traditional marriage has been upheld in courts such as Baker v. Nelson [1].

[1]
http://goo.gl...

Posted by SGM_iz_SekC 3 years ago
SGM_iz_SekC
wait that is on my profile...? I done messed up omg brb gotta change that!!!!!!
Posted by Guidestone 3 years ago
Guidestone
There is something that bothers me though. It that you quoted Winston Churchill but said it was Eminem.
"If you have enemies, good that means you stood up for something." - Winston Churchill

But we could do this debate but longer rounds, I am sure things will be cleared up more.
Posted by SGM_iz_SekC 3 years ago
SGM_iz_SekC
Well this has turned into a whole other debate in itself. I see your point of view and I apologize for any rudeness.
Posted by Guidestone 3 years ago
Guidestone
In argumentation there are claims of fact, like that one, which can be challenged or assumed as true.
Posted by Guidestone 3 years ago
Guidestone
Did you not see

http://www.familystructurestudies.com...

That is the what I used as the source just shortened. This is a scientific study.
Posted by SGM_iz_SekC 3 years ago
SGM_iz_SekC
how is it a fact? I don't see scientific evidence in your round. (source just proves you have a source, you cannot rely on people reading the entire source and agreeing)
Posted by Guidestone 3 years ago
Guidestone
That was suppose to be biological not biblical. That is a fact.
Posted by Guidestone 3 years ago
Guidestone
I was talking about round next round. Also, that is an opinion you didn't challenge.
Posted by SGM_iz_SekC 3 years ago
SGM_iz_SekC
@guidestone "Second, children do better with their biblical parents, which should, and is promoted with traditional marriage" -opinion
Posted by SGM_iz_SekC 3 years ago
SGM_iz_SekC
@guidestone "A core purpose of marriage is to guarantee that, as possible, each child is emotionally, practically, and legally affiliated with the woman & man whose sexual union brought the child into the world." -opinion