CatLover1
Tehreet

Homosexual marriage should be legal

CatLover1

Pro

Let's give it a shot. I don't see anything wrong in it, and so I want to look at people that see it as wrong, but here are a few arguments that don't count:
1. God
2. If we allow gay people to marry we'll end up marrying horses (you could say that about anything)
P.S. I'm not homosexual
Tehreet

Con

The most common argument for gay marriage consists of the most basic forms of freedom and civil liberties. However, you have to understand that the term "marriage" is not defined as a joint, mutual agreement between two people, it's actually the union of a man and a woman. You cannot simply change the definition of a word or phrase; it doesn't work that way.

Allowing gays to marry would also be a disaster in terms of opening up the biggest can of worms ever. Allowing homosexuals to marry would lead to a slippery-slope: what about polygamous, incestuous or marrying animals? How can we allow gays to be married, and then deny polygamy? It isn't as easy as one would think. We have to look at all precedents, negative and positive.

The best reason? Why would gays want to be married in the first place? Surely they don't seek acceptance if they are self-accepting homosexuals? Please, allow domestic partnerships, but don't define it as marriage.

CatLover1

Pro

Well, polygamy is something else. It means that a man has more wives or a woman has more men. Polygamy puts somebody in that relationship on top of the other person, like the man over woman and vice versa. Gay marriage can't do that. As for what marriage is, that's a philosophical issue, but this is what Oxford Dictionary defines marriage as:
the relationship that exists between a husband and a wife

: a similar relationship between people of the same sex

: a ceremony in which two people are married to each other

So, yes, what marriage is could be defines in many ways, but I think that you could ask, what makes a good marriage? To me a good marriage is when the two members of the couple show love and respect to each other, and gay people could do that really well.
Tehreet

Con

Tehreet forfeited this round.
CatLover1

Pro

CatLover1 forfeited this round.
Tehreet

Con

Tehreet forfeited this round.
CatLover1

Pro

CatLover1 forfeited this round.
Tehreet

Con

Tehreet forfeited this round.
CatLover1

Pro

CatLover1 forfeited this round.
Tehreet

Con

Tehreet forfeited this round.
Posted by AshleySleigh 2 years ago
AshleySleigh
Homosexual marriage should be legal . I am tired of the annual LGBT rallies . Just make it legal already . I dont want to see a crowd of people blocking the road . For the sake of reaching school on time . Please make it legal .
Posted by AshleySleigh 2 years ago
AshleySleigh