Homosexual parents are as fit to raising children as Heterosexual parents.

Last time I debated anything was 10 months ago, and although I won, I won unfairly. My opponent didn't debate a single thing leaving me to not do anything. I decided to go back on this website and try again.

This time, the voting period is longer and more people can see this debate before the voting ends. Also, there's four rounds, so instead of there being only two rounds to debate in, there's three (applying that the first round is only accepting the debate).

My position remains the same as my previous debate. Homosexual parents are less fit to raising children than heterosexual parents, and hopefully we can have a better debate over this. If you choose to accept it, make sure that you debate for all of the rounds instead of leaving like last time. I just want a good debate here. Thank you in advance.

I accept and thank my opponent for hosting this debate. The burden of proof is in Con to show that homosexual parents cannot raise kids as well as heterosexual parents. As long as my opponent fails to make a case, I have nothing to prove.

I am here to state that homosexual parents are not capable of raising children. Children are better off with two biological parents. This already has been proven and is old news, yet it affects this debate in a way that proves homosexual parents are much worse for the children and they should not be their parents at all.

Some have assumed that the well being of a child is simply the presence of two parents, but instead the presence of two biological parents is better for the well being. There is father love and the mother's love in an offspring's' psychological well-being and health that affect the child a great amount. If one is missing, the child does not develop as well as he would with biological parents. When boys have caretakers of both sexes, they are less likely to engage in "women-devaluing activities and in self-aggrandizing, cruel, or overly competitive male cults."

Many say that having homosexual parents does not affect the child's character. Mark Regnerus of the University of Texas at Austin has created a study that proves this wrong. I will briefly state some flaws in the children's behavior that children of lesbian parents have:
1. They are 3 times more likely to be unemployed
2. They are 4 times more likely to be identified as something other than completely heterosexual
3. They are 3 times as likely to have had an affair while married or cohabiting
4. They are 4 times as likely to have been raped

This next one may not be a disadvantage, yet it shows that the homosexual parents don't treat their children well:
5. They are 10 times more likely to have been touched sexually by a parent or other caregiver
This is completely terrible and shows that homosexual parents are not fit and immature in raising children.

Many have claimed that children are as likely to be gay with same-sex couples as well as heterosexual couples. The study has found this to not be true. Children of homosexual fathers are 3 times as likely to be identified as something other than heterosexual and 4 times for children of lesbian mothers. Daughters of lesbian mothers have 4 times as many female partners and daughters of homosexual fathers have 6 times as many than daughters of heterosexual parents. Sons of both lesbian mothers and homosexual fathers have 7 times as many male sexual partners than sons of heterosexual parents. This says that it has a very large impact on the child and the previous statements are wrong.

This concludes my statements for round 2 and I wish my competitor the best of luck for the last round. I may have said most of this in my other debate, but I want the information to be fresh again and for my opponent to try and argue against my claims this time.

simpleguy forfeited this round.

Please post a response for the debate. This is the exact reason I started a completely fresh one, to make there not be an opponent who forfeits rounds. No matter what happens, I will post an argument for round 4, but it would help if you had an argument for round 3. This round, however will only be this rant about you actually trying to back up your side of the debate. That's why you accepted to debate this topic.

simpleguy forfeited this round.

I was going to post an argument today, but I really don't feel like it. I guess it was a bad idea to resurrect this topic and I will not do so again in the future. Simpleguy still has a chance to debate against me, but I doubt he will.

simpleguy forfeited this round.
Posted by Back-trail 2 years ago
It will be hard to do that now, but in the future I will try my best to show where each piece of information came from.
Posted by simpleguy 2 years ago
Do you mind numbering where you used each source, quote and statistic as it is quite hard to check the legitimacy of each without knowing which source they came from.
Posted by EndarkenedRationalist 2 years ago
As a note to PRO, I don't think that's just CON's BoP.... You also have to demonstrate homosexual parents are as capable as heterosexual parents. That's not a default assumption.
Vote Placed by Relativist 2 years ago
Reasons for voting decision: Simple guy is away? Anyway basically forfeit results in conduct point to con and con is the only one present with arguments