Sotiras
interigator123

Homosexuality (Round 2)

Sotiras

Sotiras

Pro

I have already debated this topic once, and frankly got my (Expletive) handed to me, but my opponent said that they weren't actually against gay rights, and just wanted to give me a good debate. I respect that, but this time I'd prefer debating someone who actually holds a position at odds with my own.

My position, then, is that (once again) homosexuality is fine, and people have no right to tell people who they can and can't love. My opponent will be arguing that it is wrong for homosexuals to be allowed to be with other homosexuals.

Thank you in advance to whoever accepts this debate.
interigator123

Con

I, as a believer in christ, am against homosexual rights. i wish my opponent good luck. since my opponent created the debate they should start.
Sotiras

Pro

First of all, I'd like to thank my opponent for accepting this debate, and I hope we both learn something from this.

Arguments:

I'm going to assume that, since you have told me you are a Christian, you are planning on using the Bible's clear disapproval of homosexuality as evidence that it is wrong. Let me just preemtively point out that the Bible is far from a perfect moral guide, saying "Thou shalt not kill" and then going on to say that you should kill homosexuals and atheists. Also, you can't take anything in the Bible as fact, because as I recall, Adam and Eve bore only sons. How, then, are we here? Well obviously it's because the Bible is wrong outright.

I'd also like to clarify that when I say homosexuality is okay, I'm asserting that it does not negatively affect people in a way that they have the right to claim it is morally reprehensible. Sure, some people find it "disgusting," and "unnatural" but I don't see how their personal opinions of how appealing something is determines what is right or wrong. If we based our concept of right and wrong on what we found to be pleasant or unpleasant, some people would advocate that underarm hair is immoral, or even that certain races are immoral! Oh, wait. They actually did used to think that whites had the moral high-ground, and that blacks were innately lesser people. They also argued against interracial marriage, saying they were trying to "Protect the sanctity of marriage" Doesn't that sound familiar?

Conclusion:

In layman's terms, I just want you, my opponent, to prove to me through reasoning and evidence, that homosexuality is wrong.

I eagerly await your response.

interigator123

Con

interigator123 forfeited this round.
Sotiras

Pro

Um... he forfeited? Okay... well then my opinion hasn't really changed since Round 2, so refer to that for my argument.
interigator123

Con

interigator123 forfeited this round.
Sotiras

Pro

I am rather disappointed that my opponent has offered literally no input to the argument at all. To be fair, I think he's just quit DDO.
interigator123

Con

interigator123 forfeited this round.
Sotiras

Pro

Vote Pro.
interigator123

Con

interigator123 forfeited this round.
Posted by Ore_Ele 6 years ago
Ore_Ele
arguing against them being "with" each other or being "married under law"?
Posted by The_Harlequin 6 years ago
The_Harlequin
same, but good luck.
Posted by ordiwayselene 6 years ago
ordiwayselene
im for pro to much sorry
Vote Placed by bluesteel 6 years ago
bluesteel
Sotirasinterigator123Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Forfeit