Matt532
ac_demons

Homosexuality and Same-Sex Marriage are Good

Matt532

Matt532

Con

The purpose of this debate is to have a conversation on this, as I want to understand the other side better.

Now, the last two times I have done a similar debate, my opponent was not respectful. If you are someone who will discuss/debate this with me in a respectful way, then you may join the debate.

Here is more exactly what I mean by respect (binding as rules):
1. Language that is acceptable for teachers and employees at their job (meaning no vulgar language). If this is repeatedly violated, I have the right to end the debate at that point, and a forfeiture of at least one point must be given to my side per vote. As a side note, the terms of use (on the bottom right of (any?) Debate.org webpage) already speak of this (and I will report it) right before the "Proprietary Rights"" section.

2. If you forfeit a round, at minimum, let me know what is going on. If two consecutive rounds are forfeited without any comment from you in the comments section or debate section, all 7 points are forfeited to my side.

Other rules:
3. Rules may be changed if both sides agree, and on which rounds they apply to. The default for which rounds would exclude rules being applied retroactively.

Debate discussion:
An important clarification: When I mean homosexual, I mean outwardly, showingly, homosexual, not just an inclination towards it.

Now, the questions I have regarding this topic are these:

1. What makes homosexuality good? How is this distinguished from a non-homosexual, meaning, can a non-homosexual do this good in the same way (for example, heterosexual brothers)?

2. What is your definition of love? Can you explain it in depth and give examples?
ac_demons

Pro

IM glad to be debating but this is a opinion debate not for me
Matt532

Con

The burden is currently on you to show that homosexuality and/or same-sex marriage are good.
ac_demons

Pro

ac_demons forfeited this round.
ac_demons

Pro

ac_demons forfeited this round.
Matt532

Con

Continued.
ac_demons

Pro

ac_demons forfeited this round.
Matt532

Con

Whoops, actually we share the burden of homosexuality.

I want to argue from the point that children won't have a mother and a father, and that this matters. So, I say it does. If my opponent says nothing about this, then I think it should hold, if my opponent doesn't object.
ac_demons

Pro

ac_demons forfeited this round.
Posted by YaHey 1 year ago
YaHey
Why was my comment removed? Was somebody's wittle feewings hurt because they saw a bad word on the internet?
Posted by YaHey 1 year ago
YaHey
It promotes ALL negative behaviors? Including, say, terrorist acts against the homosexual community? I don't know how homosexuality could promote corruption, perversion, or neglect. Actually, gay couples are more likely to adopt children, so I don't think abandonment is supported, and a big issue in the gay rights movement has been a push for marriage, which is a rather large commitment. You do know that women can be homosexual right? They're called lesbians.
Posted by GoOrDin 1 year ago
GoOrDin
homosexuality promotes corruption, perversion, abandonment neglect and disrespect of women etc.. It does not matter what intent is behind it, homosexuality alone promotes No positive behaviour and promotes All negative behaviour.
Posted by YaHey 1 year ago
YaHey
What does "outwardly, showingly homosexual" mean? Almost sounds like you're doing this debate based off some misinformation and stereotypes of homosexuality. I'd take the debate but I doubt I could meet your sixth grade level language rule. Yeah man, tell me I deserve less rights than you but shut this debate DOWN as soon as someone says s**t. Pretty god damn fair.
Posted by Matt532 1 year ago
Matt532
Good includes the meaning that it helps people (in the big picture, not just in some detail).

My opening argument is that I don't know anything that is good that comes from homosexuality.
Posted by SNP1 1 year ago
SNP1
Define good.
Posted by Pigzooka 1 year ago
Pigzooka
You need to start with an opening argument.
Vote Placed by famousdebater 1 year ago
famousdebater
Matt532ac_demonsTied
Reasons for voting decision: ff
Vote Placed by lannan13 1 year ago
lannan13
Matt532ac_demonsTied
Reasons for voting decision: Forfeiture
Vote Placed by dsjpk5 1 year ago
dsjpk5
Matt532ac_demonsTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro ff many times without giving reasons. According to the rules, all seven points go to Con.