Madgirl707
FranceskaTchapdeu

Homosexuality is it wrong?

Madgirl707

Madgirl707

Con

I believe that there is nothing wrong with homosexuality. I am not a homosexual myself however I believe it is wrong to bully or pick on someone just because they are attracted to people of their own gender. Being a homosexual may make your feelings towards people different however they are just the same as everyone else and deserve to be treated like everyone else.
FranceskaTchapdeu

Pro

According to the bible homosexuality is morally wrong and it is a total abomination.
Homosexuality is clearly condemned in the Bible. It undermines the basis of God's created order where God made Adam, a man, and Eve, a woman--not two men, not two women--to carry out his command to fill and subdue the earth (Gen. 1:28). Homosexuality cannot carry out that command. It also undermines the basic family unit of husband and wife, the God-ordained means of procreation. It is also dangerous to society. (See, Is homosexuality dangerous?)

Unlike other sins, homosexuality has a heavy judgment administered by God Himself upon those who commit it--and support it. This judgment is simple in that those who practice it are given over to their passions--which means that their hearts are allowed to be hardened by their sins.
Madgirl707

Con

Even so does that mean it is right to bully or mistreat people just because of who they love?

People can not help who they fall in love with. If people love each other enough to go against gods teachings is that really wrong or does it just show how powerful their love Is? I believe this is a cause to be celebrated as it shows how strong people's love really is. Their is not much difference at all between a couple who are homosexual and one which is not except that they shall not be able to give birth and have children but in the end that is their choice to make.
God created everyone equal. If this is true then it is against this fact to tell people what they can and can't do but also against people's humans rights.
FranceskaTchapdeu

Pro

FranceskaTchapdeu forfeited this round.
Madgirl707

Con

God made everyone equal, this means that no one has the right to tell someone that they can't love who they want because others beleve it is wrong. You can only truly love one person so why does it matter what gender they are. Love is love, whether your the same gender or not

Thank you
FranceskaTchapdeu

Pro

FranceskaTchapdeu forfeited this round.
Posted by cwt002 2 years ago
cwt002
Seriously is part of the argument that you only have one person in the world that you are predestined to be with.

Also, to reference the Bible use everything do not pick and choose which part may apply.
Posted by cwt002 2 years ago
cwt002
Also, is pro saying that disagreeing with their lifestyle and not being for it (therefore, voting against it and taking a stand for what you believe in) is bullying?

I actually think you can choose who you love in a sense or at least who to stay in love with. Just like the old MYTH there is only one person in the world you are supposed to be with for the rest of our lives.
Posted by cwt002 2 years ago
cwt002
It irritates me when someone wants to pick and choose parts from the Bible and try to apply it. It just shows people do not know what they are talking about and the context for which it is saying. Also claiming that just because we disagree we abuse them is such a fallacy.
Posted by cheyennebodie 2 years ago
cheyennebodie
general......... You are right. Times have changed. In my day the only metal detectors I ever heard about were the kind you used to sweep an area looking for metal. And there were some rural schools that allowed kids to bring their rifles to school so they can hunt on the way home. And we did not have a record of 60,000,000 babies killed in the womb.When we graduated from high school we could read, write, and do math.

But you put your seal of approval on a voluntary sex act and you claim enlightenment.
Posted by cheyennebodie 2 years ago
cheyennebodie
common...... I am not arguing about this. I am stating my opinion .There is nothing to challenge.I do believe in personal responsibility. If anyone chooses a destructive lifestyle, then by all means accept the responsibility of any consequences, good or bad. Just do not visit their problems on those who have not chosen that lifestyle, unless they voluntarily help them. Which a lot of us will.But I will not enable bad behavior by giving a stamp of approval on it.
Posted by General_Grievous 2 years ago
General_Grievous
Another gay debate? We all know who's going to win this and it's pro. Times have changed everyone over 30! We don't abuse other people because we disagree with them. Even Jesus said love thy neighbor as thyself, so it looks like all the homo haters who cite the bible are gonna be arguing with Jesus! Irony!
Posted by Commondebator 2 years ago
Commondebator
I apologize for my sudden disrespectful behavior. I shouldn't have shown that, without going much deeper. Anyway, a comment section isn't the place to argue. After all, this is an argument website, so if you like to challenge me on this topic, I will gladly accept.
Posted by cheyennebodie 2 years ago
cheyennebodie
common.........I was born different. We all were. I just choose not to be around that behavior. Just as I choose not to be around drunks, or druggies, or adulterers, or effeminate, or thieves. And I chose who my children were around, not you or them.I am not advocating making their lifestyle illegal. But I do advocate making them bear the responsibility of their behavior. Like if they get AIDS, then pay for their own treatment or seek out charities. But do not visit their mistaken lifestyle on others by government force.

That may sound heartless to you, but it is about time they took responsibility for their lifestles. Because all behavior has consequences. And that behavior, in my opinion, is a destructive and nasty behavior. It is just a nasty sex act, is all it is.
Posted by Commondebator 2 years ago
Commondebator
cheyennebodie, you are a heartless being who deserves to burn in hell. (No, you don't, no one does, I am simply showing you my anger). I hope you are not a human being, because you are a disgrace! How would you like it if you were born different from others, and you were picked upon? This society is disgusting"judging on sexual orientation without even knowing the person! It seems like you are one the core part of this terrible perspective.
Posted by cheyennebodie 2 years ago
cheyennebodie
There is also nothing wrong not to associate with them either.They can just stay with those that have no problem with their nasty lifestyle.Don't force us to accept them in our circles.
Vote Placed by lannan13 2 years ago
lannan13
Madgirl707FranceskaTchapdeuTied
Reasons for voting decision: Forfeiture
Vote Placed by republicofdhar 2 years ago
republicofdhar
Madgirl707FranceskaTchapdeuTied
Reasons for voting decision: Forfeiture.