Mikal
judeifeanyi

Homosexuality is not natural

Mikal

Mikal

Con

Challenging this guy to a debate about whether or not homosexuality is natural. Saw a recent debate of his, where he said homosexuals should not be allowed to hang out with other straight people because they are not normal.

This is a straight up challenge. Nothing special

He has the BOP to show it is not natural since he is making such a bold claim
judeifeanyi

Pro

I accept the challenge.
I will be arguing for the motion:Homosexual is not normal. Let me start by defining the basic terms that will aid me into this argument. 1.homosexual:(of a person) Sexually attracted to people of one's own sex
Noun:
A person who is sexually attracted to people of their own sex. Natural: 1. Existing in or caused by nature; not made or caused by humankind
Noun:
A person regarded as having an innate gift or talent for a particular task or activity. My argument is this, that homosexual is not natural on the basis of procreation.. If being gay is natural, then why won't mother nature allow two men or two women to be able to have a baby? Surely if it were natural, there would be a way for same sex couples to do this.human beings are meant to procreate thats why we have male and female.even in the animal kingdom, there is nothing like this homosexual issue. Yahoo.com(is gay natural?).I Don't think anybody will like the population of the world to drastically reduce. If we all are to turn into gays, don't you think it will reduce the population? And this question clearly shows that we are meant to procreate and not to be reducing. The statistical data of birth rate and death rate suggests that we ought to be increasing since the death rate is high and how can this be achieved if we are all gays? Been gay is by choice and not natural as proven by mark sway in his popular gay book page 16. I personally believe that its a choice. Look at Anne Heche-she was 'gay' with Ellen Degeneres...they broke up and all of the sudden shes straight and has given birth to 3 kids already. Most at times, this gay increases in the prison owing to the fact that people are trying to help their sexual urge there by having sex with someone of thesame sex.punch.com. This gay, violates natural law and cannot be natural.ponder:Marriage is not just any relationship between human beings. It is a relationship rooted in human nature and thus governed by natural law.
Natural law""s most elementary precept is that ""good is to be done and pursued, and evil is to be avoided."" By his natural reason, man can perceive what is morally good or bad for him. Thus, he can know the end or purpose of each of his acts and how it is morally wrong to transform the means that help him accomplish an act into the act""s purpose.
Any situation which institutionalizes the circumvention of the purpose of the sexual act violates natural law and the objective norm of morality.
Being rooted in human nature, natural law is universal and immutable. It applies to the entire human race, equally. It commands and forbids consistently, everywhere and always.source:tfp newsletter. Let me ask, what justifies that homosexual is natural when the majority of the world's population rejects it? Haven't we heard of this scientific term: unlike pole attracts while like pole repels? Since the scientific term states this why then are we arguing that it is natural? I will like to stop here for now and await my opponent reply
Mikal

Con

Natural - existing in nature and not made or caused by people : coming from nature[1]

Homosexual(ity) - : of relating to, or characterized by a tendency to direct sexual desire toward another of the same sex [2]

Resolution - Homosexuality is not natural.

In great detail - The act of tendency to direct sexual desire toward another member of the same sex exists within nature and is not made or caused by people

Homosexuality in nature

There are a great number of other species besides humans that exhibit and act on homosexual tendencies [3]. There is an estimated 1,500 species of animals that practice homosexuality.

"Homosexuality is quite common in the animal kingdom, especially among herding animals. Many animals solve conflicts by practicing same gender sex." [4]

In addition to this there are animals that show strictly homosexual preferences and that are not even bi-sexual. Granted most out of the 1,500 are bi sexual. This at its core is strictly the definition of natural. This is not influences by human behavior and happens outside of our influence. It is found within nature and is observable.

Homosexuality and hormones

It also is notable that people may not have the choice to be gay, and are born with a hormone imbalance.

Prenatal hormones/ Prenatal endocrine play a factor in someones sexual preferences and even their sexuality as a child

" Sexual orientation varies markedly for men versus women, as well as for individuals within each sex. The great majority of women are androphilic (erotically interested in males), whereas the great majority of men are not. There also is variability within each sex. Some women are not androphilic, whereas some men are. The effect size (in standard deviation units or “d” [23]) for the sex difference is very large (d = 6.0 to 6.7) [66;67;103]. To put this magnitude in a familiar context, it is several times as large as the sex difference in height (d = 2.0) " [5]

This is also essentially saying that the early (prenatal, neonatal) hormone environment has powerful influences on neural and behavioral sexual differentiation in a wide range of mammalian species. Literally thousands of experiments involving manipulations of hormones have shown these effects [5]

This goes way more in depth but is pretty much all I need for the purpose of this debate.

Conclussion

If homosexual behavior is found in nature and happens among animals and a variety of studies show that hormone imbalances and prenatal hormones lead to someones sexual preference, it is not their choice to be gay. While they may me making the choice to engage in a homosexual act, the choice is determined by urges within them due to their chemical makeup. This happens with other species as well, not just as humans

Therefore this means the very definition of natural

Homosexuality is in fact natural, and occurs within nature and is completely independent and not influenced or caused by humans.

[1] http://www.merriam-webster.com...
[2] http://www.merriam-webster.com...
[3] http://en.wikipedia.org...
[4] http://www.news-medical.net...
[5] http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...
judeifeanyi

Pro

My opponent said: there are animals that show strictly homosexual preferences. So because animals show the preferences thats why we human beings should exhibit thesame character? It then means they learnt it from the animal world. If you quite agree that homosexual is natural because some animals show homosexual preferences, tell me how many times you have seen i fowl climbing on top of another fowl. Instead, it will be a hen climbing a fowl. Should we be eating grass because animals do eat grass? Certainly no. Homosexual is choice and not natural. Let me be biological, one of the female reproductive organs which is 'clitoris' is very sensitive to sexual urge if been touched. Assuming couple who are gay are sexually aroused, what will they use? Stick? Knife? Or will they hire a male gay? Lolx I think thats absurd. Naturally, the penis is not meant for the anus rather for the female reproductive system so that when the semen which contains the sperm enters, fertilization will occur because it will fertilize the egg during fertilization period. Let me ask again, if everybody is to be gay, what is the probability that you and I would have been in this world? Some doctors suggests 'artificial insememination' but this cannot even work for males. So it is nulled. Take it or leave it, homosexual is choice and never natural. My premise still remains: for the fact that homosexuality disobeys natural law, then it is not natural. Encyclopedia.com, yahoo.com/homosexuality, wikipedia.com
Mikal

Con

This debate is over at this point but I will address a few issues.

The resolution is Homosexuality is not natural.

I have shown how and why Homosexuality fits the very definition of natural and my adversary has dropped all of my points. He even conceded its happens outside of human influence which contradicts his stance and affirms my position.

He says

" Let me be biological, one of the female reproductive organs which is 'clitoris' is very sensitive to sexual urge if beenhed. Assuming couple who are gay are sexually aroused, what will they use? Stick? Knife? Or will they hire a male gay? Lolx I think thats absurd. "

This is so off topic it warrants a response. Assuming gay girls are turned on what will they use? Pretty sure a finger fits just as well as some guys body parts. Gay guys have a mouth as well. I am pretty sure you can sexually arouse each other through various means without having to hire a prostitute. I am lost as to even the context of what this is trying to say. This deserves a

/facepalm

In the end he says homosexuality is a choice and fails to refute my argument against this in regards to hormones.

I have shown how and why homosexuality is natural. It occurs outside of human influence and happens with nature(ie Natural) and how it is a result of hormones and fluctuations in chemicals. Meaning gay people have urges as to whom they are attracted too

My adversary did not refute any of this

He has not met his BOP.
judeifeanyi

Pro

Let me restate my definition.1.homosexual:(of a person) Sexually attracted to people of one's own sex
Noun:
Noun:
A person regarded as having an innate gift or talent for a particular task or activity. My co-debater is even confused to the point that he thought my argument is supporting his. Now when I said, lets be biological, I mean for the fact that naturally, males have penis and female has their own reproductive system it then means the two or pair are meant for each other not the reverse. My opponent never rebutted any of my argument. I EARLIER stated that 'UNLIKE POLE ATTRACTS WHILE LIKE POLE REPELS' and my opponent never said anything about this. Since scientifically, it was proven then it means it is not natural. Homosexuality is by choice not natural. It is either those who were in prison and see no other means of having sex with opposite spouse thereby making do with the one they see. when they come out, they now turn into gay and others are learning from them. I equally said'.. If being gay is natural, then why won't mother nature allow two men or two women to be able to have a baby? Surely if it were natural, there would be a way for same sex couples to do this' but my opponent never rebutted this argument which shows that all my arguments are intact and he agreed with my line argument. In conclusion, like poles will always attract while unlike poles will always repel.
Posted by GWL-CPA 2 years ago
GWL-CPA
Evolution proves that homosexuality is not normal.

There are no animals below humans that practice true homosexuality; they only follow the male instincts. Even Bonobos apes do not stick their penises in the anuses of other apes.

There is no scientific proof that hormones or genes cause homosexuality. It is a conditioned response, just like heterosexuality. Children that grow up as homosexuals got the wrong signals growing up or were raped by an older friend or relative, including parents. The fact that 95% of all children grow up as heterosexuals proves that homosexuality is not normal.
Posted by GWL-CPA 2 years ago
GWL-CPA

There is no genetic or hormonal proof that those variable cause homosexuality.

There are no homosexual animals in nature, because those animals are only following instincts.

A man sticking his penis up the anus of a woman or a man is just plain sick and not natural - discuss it with you MD.
Posted by Jackthemarine86 2 years ago
Jackthemarine86
Actually, I meant wish I had been the pro on this one.
Posted by Jackthemarine86 2 years ago
Jackthemarine86
Wish I had been the contender for this argument.
Vote Placed by Kreakin 2 years ago
Kreakin
MikaljudeifeanyiTied
Reasons for voting decision: Not a votebomb as it is all explainable, Pro used no sources,pro's arguments were ill informed and at times just bizarre bordering on offensive,pros spelling & grammar was occasionally erratic,Conduct goes to Con as was not combative with endless question marksand other two are because I agreed before and after.
Vote Placed by yay842 2 years ago
yay842
MikaljudeifeanyiTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro provided no sources and had only the use of definitions to support his arguments. He did not refute Con and failed to meet the BOP since it was his claim that Homosexuality is not natural. Pro's arguments were not supported by data and Pro did not refute Con's arguments which happens to be supported with not only definitions, but also by science. Pro's arguments were all clustered up and short with simply a repetition of previous arguments from the debate.
Vote Placed by Wylted 2 years ago
Wylted
MikaljudeifeanyiTied
Reasons for voting decision: Con used more reliable sources and showed that homosexuality happens naturally in nature. Pro made almost no attempt to refute any of this other then an attempt to change the terms of the debate.