It is often argued that homosexuality or bisexuality are not normal, or not natural, and that they have no place on this Earth. This, however, is just a misconception based on insufficient information or indoctrination.

In some ways we could argue that since it happens at all, that it is natural. Unless we assume there is some unnatural external force teaching or manipulating some of us, seemingly at random, that could change what we were sexually attracted to. Of course some people claim this to be the case; claiming the cause is the media or the devil, and unfortunately some naturally homosexual people believe that too, living a life in denial, or attending some conversion therapy in an attempt to ‘be normal’.

However, the truth is that homosexuality is, and has been for a very long time, natural, while the definition of normal varies from person to person, being normal does not suggest being special or unique, and could even be used as a derogatory description.

Being gay or bisexual should not be considered as immoral or criminal by itself, especially when considering the statistics of hate crimes, often violent, due to sexual-orientation bias.

Gary Gate Williams Institute reported in 2011 that an estimated 3.5% of adults in the United States identify as being gay, lesbian or bisexual, he also states that nearly 25.6 million Americans (11% of the population) acknowledge at least some same-sex sexual attraction. At what level does it become accepted as being normal?

A study at Boise State University found that in a group of heterosexual women, 60% were physically interested in other women, 45% made out with a woman in the past, and 50% had fantasies about the same sex. LiveScience reports that women may be more “hetero-flexible” or be primarily attracted to men with some same-sex attraction. The hypothesis, published in the journalEvolutionary Psychology, theorises that this allows women to raise their children with other women, for various reasons. Some people are claiming this shows that most women are largely bisexual, with a preference.

Lets analyze these statistics We have, according to the William Gates Institute, a projected 3.5% of adults openly identify as being homosexual. As I contended earlier, there are a lot of citizens who suppress gay feelings, probably do to social conformity and peer pressure. Which relates to the projected 25.6 million who share gay feelings or sympathy.

Which means, with close examination, that about 7.5% of the populous might be gay. How can there be such a high projection, if homosexuality was not natural? I reason that it is. In addition, this article cites another statistic from Boise State, which believes that 60% of women have had at least one sexual thought regarding another of the same sex.

Unless my opponent can prove these studies are false, we are to assume that attraction, whether by race, gender, or religion, will always be a natural interaction. Therefore, homosexuality must be natural.

II. What is natural is philosophically correct

I will conclude my R2 argument, by supporting contention 1. If philosophy is the study of human nature, and homosexuality is natural, then to engage or be homosexual, is 100% acceptable philosophically.

That's really all there is to say now. I strongly feel C1 is enough to support my case.