freak23
blahx3

Homosexuality is unbiblical

freak23

Pro

First, I would like to thank whomever accepts this debate. I am taking the position that homosexuality IS unbiblical (in caps because I had a debate where my opponent took the same side as me). I will be using God's word to fortify my debate. First round is for acceptance.
blahx3

Con

I accept this debate challenge.
freak23

Pro

freak23 forfeited this round.
blahx3

Con

Well the "Pro" side hasn't entered any arguments yet. To play fair for them I shall not write any either for this round.
freak23

Pro

freak23 forfeited this round.
blahx3

Con

blahx3 forfeited this round.
freak23

Pro

freak23 forfeited this round.
blahx3

Con

blahx3 forfeited this round.
Posted by ThoughtsandThoughts 2 years ago
ThoughtsandThoughts
Actually, it's a good thing I didn't accept this :P I would've been arguing that God doesn't condemn homosexuality.
ThoughtsandThoughts
Ugh, I wanted to accept this D:
Posted by YamaVonKarma 2 years ago
YamaVonKarma
No one in their right mind will accept this.
Posted by freak23 2 years ago
freak23
@ChosenWolff , you can't prove that the Bible never takes a standpoint on homosexuality. Whatever God's opinion on something is, that is the right opinion. Sin is bad. Satan is trying to destroy our lives. Homosexuality is unbiblical. Genesis 2:24 states: "Therefore a man leaves his father and his mother and cleaves to his wife, and they become one flesh."

In Matthew 19:4-5, Jesus reaffirms this: "He answered, "Have you not read that he who made them from the beginning made them male and female," and said, "For this reason a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, and the two shall become one"?"
Posted by Dilara 2 years ago
Dilara
Eating shrimp is also an abomination according to the bible.
Posted by freak23 2 years ago
freak23
The Bible does condemn homosexuality is unbiblical, sorry, unacceptable, go to Leviticus 18:22. But if you are lazy enough, I will give you the verse: "If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them." Genesis 19:1-11: "That evening the two angels came to the entrance of the city of Sodom. Lot was sitting there, and when he saw them, he stood up to meet them. Then he welcomed them and bowed with his face to the ground. "My lords," he said, "come to my home to wash your feet, and be my guests for the night. You may then get up early in the morning and be on your way again." "Oh no," they replied. "We'll just spend the night out here in the city square." But Lot insisted, so at last they went home with him. Lot prepared a feast for them, complete with fresh bread made without yeast, and they ate. But before they retired for the night, all the men of Sodom, young and old, came from all over the city and surrounded the house. They shouted to Lot, "Where are the men who came to spend the night with you? Bring them out to us so we can have sex with them!"
So Lot stepped outside to talk to them, shutting the door behind him. "Please, my brothers," he begged, "don't do such a wicked thing. Look, I have two virgin daughters. Let me bring them out to you, and you can do with them as you wish. But please, leave these men alone, for they are my guests and are under my protection."

"Stand back!" they shouted. "This fellow came to town as an outsider, and now he's acting like our judge! We'll treat you far worse than those other men!" And they lunged toward Lot to break down the door. But the two angels reached out, pulled Lot into the house, and bolted the door. Then they blinded all the men, young and old, who were at the door of the house, so they gave up trying to get inside." The Bible condemns it, and I would add more verses. Out of characters.
Posted by Ragnar 2 years ago
Ragnar
Seems to be in the bible a bit, whole cities were apparently destroyed over it. If it's against biblical law, is a different matter than if it is unbiblical.
Posted by ChosenWolff 2 years ago
ChosenWolff
Can you change un-biblical to unacceptable? The definition of un-biblical is un-authorized, and my argument would be that the bible doesn't condemn or authorize it.