LaughItUpLydia
iliketoargue22

Homosexuality is wrong.

LaughItUpLydia

LaughItUpLydia

Pro

It violates natural law. The marriage denies a child a father or mother. It turns a moral right into a civil right. It defeats the state's purpose of benefitting marriage. It imposes it's acceptance onto all of society. And it offends God.
A Creator is required, for the universe to even be possible, mainly due to the 'cause and effect' problem but also due to the phsycology of existence and of life itself. Therefore, we infer that God created us. There are historical documents that prove this, in fact. TheBible talks about how marriage is intended for man and woman, and that humankind witll multiply and fill the earth because of it and because of one of it's purposes:reproduction. Because God created us, weshould respect anything he says, especiallyallrulesHe presents for mankind.He tells us plainly in His Word that marriageis intended only for man and woman and that it is a sin otherwise. Thus, homosexuality is wrong.

Comment if you want to debate.
iliketoargue22

Con

we should be allowed to marry who we love. Why force yourself to fall in love with someone you don't even love. It's terrible. It doesn't change who you are as a person. You can have two parents of the same gender and they will still love you all the same. What if we said you couldn't get married to a man and you could only marry someone of your own gender. It would be awkward because you don't feel the same way
LaughItUpLydia

Pro

I love my cat. Give me the freedom to marry him!!!

We aren't forcing ourselves to fall in love with someone you don't even love. If someone would rather have sex with someone of his/her own gender there is something wrong.

Yes, the children will love the two parents of same gender the same (usually) but this is because the "parents" were the ones to bring them up and they provided for them. And, also, I'm not implying that two parents of the same gender will love the kids less, rather what I'm trying to say is that a child(ren) in a healthy and more-beneficial family will have two parents: 1 woman plus 1 man. It is the only natural way for reproduction thus they will be the more natural/healthy version of a marriage starting a family. Studies show that children with two same-sex parents are less successful and more depressed.
http://dailysignal.com...
http://www.cbsnews.com...

My opponent, Con, asks this: "What if we said you couldn't get married to a man and you could only marry someone of your own gender." The problemo with this fastical question is that it's unrealistic and irrelevant to any point Con may be trying to make. If anything, it will further prove my case that marriage is only for man and woman and that homosexuality is wrong. See, humanity was intended for reproduction. Reproduction was intended for marriage (and vice versa). And, since the very beginning of mankind, marriage was intended for a man and a woman, the two only genders in the history of life and creatures. There is no way to counter that. Therefore homosexuality is wrong.

Love is love, but because you love something doesn't mean you just marry it/he/she. When you feel like you love something/one and it's different than everyone else, is it ok? Yes, but when you have sexual urges and want to marry it, no, it's wrong.
iliketoargue22

Con

iliketoargue22 forfeited this round.
LaughItUpLydia

Pro

*single tear*

Well, I extend arguments, and during this time hopefully my opponent will get a chance to reply.
iliketoargue22

Con

iliketoargue22 forfeited this round.
LaughItUpLydia

Pro

My arguments have yet to be refuted.
iliketoargue22

Con

iliketoargue22 forfeited this round.
LaughItUpLydia

Pro

My speculation is that Con abandoned the site. vote pro
iliketoargue22

Con

iliketoargue22 forfeited this round.
Vote Placed by dsjpk5 1 year ago
dsjpk5
LaughItUpLydiailiketoargue22Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Ff
Vote Placed by Defro 1 year ago
Defro
LaughItUpLydiailiketoargue22Tied