Tranny
Hanspete

Homosexuality

Hanspete

Tranny

Con

I've always found gay people to be revolting. I first came into contact at age 11 when my friend jokingly gave me the web address to a site that supposedly had an engine for making games. It was just a porn site, and it featured two women doing some of the most disgusting things I've ever seen. It made me want to retch. Now every time I think about gay people, I feel sick. It's just so disgusting.
Now many people have been telling me that feeling disgusted by homosexuals is wrong. They then come up with all these reasons for why gay people should be allowed to be gay. So here's my point: I don't dispute that gay people should have rights. I'm only disputing my right to think the way I do about gay people. Just as some people dislike rich people, I am entitled to dislike gay people. It's my free opinion, and it doesn't hurt anyone (ironic because that's what you people say to me when you're arguing with me).
What I'm feeling is that there is some kind of Gay Rights Double Standard going on here.
Hanspete

Pro

First off I would like to begin by saying thank you too my opponent I look forward to debating this with you. Now I agree that you are entitled to dislike gay people, everyone is entitled to there own opinions, however the way you choose about discussing them is what is seen as controversial. I would like you to state your first argument so I have some specific forum to argue on, other than that I look forward to a good debate!
Tranny

Con

I'm obviously debating that I have the right to feel disgusted by gay people. Was that not obvious to you? Are you trolling me? I'm pretty sure you knew exactly what I was arguing. Your side would be that I am not entitled to that opinion. Seriously. Are you trolling me?
Since you agree with me, I'm winning this debate. Argue back!!!
Hanspete

Pro

First off I don't think you'll win this debate, now here is my point, yes you have a right to your opinion but that doesn't mean that your opinion is right. Why should one have a reason to hate homosexuals, I mean do you hate me just because I like someone different than the norm? And it's sad what your friend did to you with the website but why let one incident when you are younger define how you feel about a whole group of people in your future? Simply Homosexuality is defined as the sexual attraction to the same sex. Over all am I that different of a person than my straight friends? No, i'm not. We all have similar interests and like, we are people too, we have feelings, the only difference is we don't like boobs and V@ginas we like pen!s and well yeah. To base unbiased hatred against a single group based on a single instance is wrong, That is where your opinion is incorrect, you should not hate Homosexuals, we are just the same as you with one difference, we are attracted to the same sex, not the opposite, is that really that big of a deal?

[1] www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/homosexual
Tranny

Con

Tranny forfeited this round.
Hanspete

Pro

Nothing to refute as my opponents account has been deactivated.
Posted by intellectuallyprimitive 1 year ago
intellectuallyprimitive
@ kbub I'm perplexed how you deem words to contain derogatory connotations without without context, whilst the context of the words implemented, provide meaning, Words are not defined by their definition, but their usage. I agree that if the user violated conduct in regards to the site stipulations, appropriate action should follow. I disagree however, with your perspective on hate speech and deeming words derogatory without context.
Posted by Hanspete 1 year ago
Hanspete
In the future perhaps, after this one runs out.
Posted by kbub 1 year ago
kbub
If you'd like I can try to make it up to you by being "Con" on same-sex marriage debate with you sometime :/
Posted by kbub 1 year ago
kbub
Well, hate speech is pretty extreme, so I'm comfortable with having reported it. But I respect your opinion. Regardless, her account is closed.
Posted by Hanspete 1 year ago
Hanspete
Not what I was interested in, I wanted a fair debate not a victory by reporting.
Posted by kbub 1 year ago
kbub
Besides, at least you get a free win.
Posted by Hanspete 1 year ago
Hanspete
Then it is up to the moderator to find the account and see to it disbanded properly not us, we are members taking advantage of what they give to us, we shouldn't abuse it by reporting every single little thing we find offensive.
Posted by kbub 1 year ago
kbub
Thankfully, I am not the police. However, the website does have a moderator and no tolerance for hate speech. The website is meant to be friendly to all genders sexes sexual orientations races creeds and ethnicities, which means promoting a welcoming, rather than hostile, environment. I am also not the moderator, but on this point the moderator has agreed. I merely reported the account.
Posted by Hanspete 1 year ago
Hanspete
I don't agree with her opinion or description, however it isn't up to us to say what she can and can not do, that is for the DDO owners to decide not some political correct policer!
Posted by kbub 1 year ago
kbub
It is further against DDO to post expressions of hate against racial, sexual, or relgious minorities. And, it is against DDO policy to insult other members. Lastly, you can't make "call-out" debates aimed at the character of users. By having a character called "Tr***y" call gay people "disgusting" in a debate with a topic about the character of people who love members of the same sex, Con impressively breaks all four rules at once.
Vote Placed by Luxray2854 1 year ago
Luxray2854
TrannyHanspeteTied
Reasons for voting decision: Interesting debate I guess. FF
Vote Placed by FaustianJustice 1 year ago
FaustianJustice
TrannyHanspeteTied
Reasons for voting decision: FF/deact