harrytruman
forty2oz

Homosexuality

harrytruman

Con

The gay people want to be perverts, I am arguing that they should not be allowed to. These guys hate Christianity, and the concept of moral law is foreign to them.
forty2oz

Pro

The gay people want to be perverts? Okay, let them be perverts - no harm done to you. They hate Christianity? Okay, no harm done to you. The concept of moral law is foreign to them? Okay, no harm done to you.

What's your problem exactly?
harrytruman

Con

According to that logic, everything which does not harm me is ok, murder, stealing, lying, audultry? As long as I get away with it.
forty2oz

Pro

Here's what your rule book says you're supposed to do about it:

https://www.biblegateway.com...
https://www.biblegateway.com...

Do you agree with this very straight forward scripture? Is this the basis for your morality?
harrytruman

Con

Oh the Jews, they do know how to weed out bad genetics, but, me, as a Christian and not a Jew, go under grace not the law. This does not, however, mean that it is ok, just that you can't run around killing people, we do have a verse in Romans and a verse in revelation saying it is a sin so yes, it is.
forty2oz

Pro

What is the difference between grace and law? Why is it not cool to run around killing people? As Deutoronomy clearly states, if said people have turned from God, the scripture commands you to kill them!

If your hang-up is it's an old testament thing and you're a new testemant guy, how do you reconcile the fact that the entire concept of sin (clearly what you are now situating your allegedly objective morality upon) rests on a premise established as truth in Genesis 3 - which is in the old testament?
harrytruman

Con

The difference, is that grace is a delayed judgement (please note, delayed, not abolished), to give them a chance to change, the law is the book of Leviticus. The law, "was an evil school teacher which taught you that you cannot achieve grace through works".
I was referring to the law, not the rest of the old testament, genesis, exodus (except 21:7, I am referring to the history aspect), and the profits are completely credible.
This does not, however, mean that it is not wrong, it is wrong, I will even cite religions where it is wrong
Christianity
Judaism
Islam
Buddhism
Confucianism
Sikhism
Here are the ones where it is considered ok
Roman paganism- the Romans cooked women alive by the way
Taoism- they believe that there is no right or wrong
Hinduism- By the way, India is where this the Aryan race nonsense and the cast system
originated
forty2oz

Pro

Well, if you're talking about grace and not law, and grace is a delayed judgement (obviously because it is a judgement reserved for god and not you) what business do you think you have arguing that homosexuals should not be allowed to be perverts here and now?
harrytruman

Con

No, delayed judgement as in "I am going to give you a shot at cleaning up your act", to judge, I am allowed to do, to punish, I am not, that is God's business.
"Or, who am I to judge, or that's just their way of doing things, this is how you get the genocides in Hong Kong Syria"
forty2oz

Pro

So let’s see here. You are arguing that gay people should not be allowed to be perverts, but your religious convictions prevent you from punishing them for it.

Looks like you are stuck. Catch 22.

That is, unless you were expecting somebody else to execute the punishment of these people should they not, as you say, clean up their acts. But of course that is completely illogical because anyone willing to punish them are not acting (by your own admission) in a Christian manner, which means you’d be actively supporting the un-Christian behavior of others. You would literally be supporting sinners punishing other sinners for (wait for it...) sinning!

Now that is an example of logic.

Conclusion:

I don't think you've really thought this through, and you haven't spent any time during this debate actually making a case for your argument. I do know this - either you're stuck at a dead end because your religious principles will allow you to judge but not to punish these gay perverts, or you're a hypocrite who wants to employ some third party to carry out the punishment for you so you can appear pious in the face of man. But since you know God knows what's up, you would only do this if you thought God wanted you to.

Who knows, maybe you had never even thought about that.

Good day.

Posted by Jordan_Fletcher 1 year ago
Jordan_Fletcher
Here is my take on it:
I do not support people being gay, since it does go against the Bible and homosexuality was a contributing factor to the fall of Rome. But I will not say that some cannot be it, because it is their choice. I personally think that is between them and God when judgement day comes, O_o.

As a bit of a side note, "hate" is a strong word. Maybe use "dislike" or "do not favor", something that does not sound so bitter.
Posted by Jonbonbon 1 year ago
Jonbonbon
If you loved them then you wouldn't be such a jerk. You don't win people to your side of the argument by telling them how awful they are, generalizing them into this group of evil people, and telling them they're going to hell. That's called hate.
Posted by harrytruman 1 year ago
harrytruman
Jonbonbon, whoever said that I hate gay people, if I really hated them I would tell them that what they are doing is ok and send their life to the trash can.
Posted by Jonbonbon 1 year ago
Jonbonbon
And Harry, you're saved by grace because you love God. And the Bible says that if you say you love God but you carry around hate, you're a liar.
Posted by Jonbonbon 1 year ago
Jonbonbon
To be fair that's not really hypocritical. It's a political thing. As long as you don't stop someone from exercising their free speech or causing public chaos, you're fine.
Posted by SSNK04 1 year ago
SSNK04
Well, even though we have a the UN human's right declaration of free speech, is it actually right to judge others? It's pretty hypocritical that we have such freedom but we still using it as a judgemental tool.
Posted by Jonbonbon 1 year ago
Jonbonbon
I'm talking about one post you made where you said you hate gays and communists (you were labeling them as the only people you hate actually).
Posted by harrytruman 1 year ago
harrytruman
What you talk about?
Posted by Jonbonbon 1 year ago
Jonbonbon
Well I'm saying that you think it's okay gate people and hide behind Christianity. The Bible doesn't support you.
Posted by harrytruman 1 year ago
harrytruman
Yes,it is cool.