aman601
TheRealSpassky101

Homosexuality

Updated: 2 weeks ago Status: Post Voting Period

aman601

Con

I am a Christian, and Homosexuality is not Godly. I saw recently in one of your debates that you had mentioned a gay gene. Do you have any proof to back this up? Also, this so called gay gene could have been introduced at the fall when the world was corrupt. God specifically states that man and woman were to be together in Genesis 2:22-24. He also says that we should get rid of any sexual immorality we have in the New Testament in 1 Corinthians 7:2. Homosexual people were not meant to be at all, which should be obvious because they can't sexually reproduce.
This is NOT to say I hate homosexuals, but I do detest their continuous sinful lifestyle.
TheRealSpassky101

Pro

http://www.telegraph.co.uk...

https://en.m.wikipedia.org...

Here are some links. And just because a book says something happened, does not mean it did.
aman601

Con

However, this book is the most historically rooted book and has more proof going for it than any other historical book today. Also if homosexuals are meant to be, then how come there is no way to sexually reproduce with the same gender in men's cases or in women's cases you have to go through a process in a lab? The easy solution is because it is not meant to be.

Also thank you for the links, I did not know about that before.
TheRealSpassky101

Pro

Actually, there a lot more books out there that are historically accurate. In fact, the entire Bible was based off Gilgamesh. However, neither of them are accurate because it is an accepted fact that there is no such thing as talking animals.

And as for it is not normal for it to happen, well think of it this way. Evolution has always been self governed and kills off species to regulate populations. Let us say that the gay gene was meant to regulate and was very good, not just for humans because all species have the gay gene. Gay animals cannot reproduce, so they stop family lines, regulating population. Like it or not, being gay is an evolutionary benefit, overwatching overpopulation. This theory explains why there are more percentages of gay people now that we are overpopulated.
aman601

Con

Actually, Gilgamesh is a secular source of what happened in the Bible. Gilgamesh was written based off of the true events that happened, and so was the Bible. Also, if this gay gene was supposed to regulate population, it is not doing a good job of it now. If you do say we are seeing more gays now because of evolution, then why hasn't any other part of us evolved? The evolutionary explanation I have heard from others is that we are at a break of evolution, so if the gay gene really is coming out and nothing else is happening, that means that we are already fully evolved, which is obviously wrong.
TheRealSpassky101

Pro

A common misunderstanding of evolution is that it happens whenever. When you do research, you may figure out it takes millions of years.
Posted by oakcrush 2 weeks ago
oakcrush
Just because God forgives us doesn't mean we should sin. With that logic there is no reason to listen to God because he will just forgive us in the end. That is like completely ignoring the laws of your country, but expecting them to forgive you without consequences. There will be consequences for your sinful actions. We need to try to stay as pure as possible, not do whatever we want because we think we can do whatever we want. God does not say that homosexuality is good anywhere in the Bible. In fact, he says it is corrupt and we need to stay away from it, because it is a completely destructive sin and will ruin our lives whether we realize it or not. If you do not think it is destructive, you are seriously misjudging the entire matter.
Posted by Debate-King 2 weeks ago
Debate-King
A lot of people can't handle the fact that they're gay or attracted to the same sex. In the Bible many times it states that God loves and forgives everyone for their sins. We all sin, I'm pretty sure that all of us have lied at least once in our lifetimes. I'm actually Christian and I'm bi romantic. If you don't know what that means, it means that I am romantically attracted to males and females. Although I know that God still loves me because why else would he have died on the cross for us? He died to forgive us of all of our sins. I am strongly with the LGBT community and there are plenty of LGBT people who are Christian. In Missouri, my friend saw these signs in front of a Christian church that said,"God still loves us!" God loves everyone so I would advise that you back off.
Posted by jo154676 2 weeks ago
jo154676
Lol when con said the bible was the most historically proven book ever. The reality of the situation is that many of the ideas in the bible, for example Noah's ark, have been proven to be impossible. Maybe you should do real research on real scientific texts and come back with a better argument. Heck create a better argument against homosexuality than citing the bible. Create an argument structured around how the lack of sex with a female affects the psychological state of a person or talk about the biological needs of society to reproduce. It disgusts me when the only case made is citing the bible.