Debate-King
jo154676

Homosexuality

Updated: 2 weeks ago Status: Post Voting Period

Debate-King

Pro

How is other people's relationships affecting you? And if you start that whole "I'm a Christian and the Bible says that it's wrong!" just stop. I am a Christian and I am bi romantic. (If you don't know what that means, it means that I have a romantic attraction to males and females.) A lot of people can't change the fact that they have attractions to their same sexuality. God's word clearly states that he forgives everyone's sins and loves them very much. We all sin and God forgives us.
All I wonder is that is it so bad to let other people love each other?
jo154676

Con

Let me tell you how this can affect someone. Now that homosexual marriage is legalized, the courts are forcing private businesses to participate in activities that go against their religion, and thus imposing on their freedom of religion. It is a private businesses right to choose not to serve a particular group for any reason.
Debate-King

Pro

Let me tell you that there is a married gay couple at my church that attend there almost every Sunday and sometimes give sermons. Are you just stereotyping that all homosexuals are not religious? Because in the Bible its says not to judge anyone, so yeah. Also, as I stated before, a lot of people can't help the fact that they're homosexual, and what if they found someone of their same sex that is the only person that they fully trust and just makes them feel like they belong to eternity with them. Do you want to make them feel like they're being judged and possibly get in the way of that relationship?
jo154676

Con

When did I ever say that homosexuals cannot be religious? I am not even christian nor do I care what is said in the bible. The bible has as much meaning in my life as the Qur'an has in yours. I have not said that there is anything morally wrong with it, you asked how it could affect someone else so I told you. We could have a debate about whether or not homosexuality is biological or societal but that is not the point of THIS argument so stay on task please. I do not care what they do in the privacy of their bedroom but now that anyone who stands against gay marriage is seen to be a hateful christian, even though I mentioned nothing about my own religion or my own beliefs. This is wrong and I choose to take a stand against this unjust action.
Debate-King

Pro

Thank you for telling me how gay marriage can affect others, and now I know how. I'm sorry for assuming your religion, and I completely respect that you are not Christian. I was just stating how it seems like a lot of Christians are homophobic, and how they use the Bible to defend themselves. I should've been more open minded about the subject, so I thank you for participating. The question that I was hoping to be answered is that why do people think that homosexuality is wrong. I understand that I should've been more clear with the question that I was looking to be answered, and thank you for clearing my other question up for me. I greatly appreciate it.
jo154676

Con

I would not necessarily say that it is wrong, but I do not believe that it needs to be thrown in the face of everyone, I do not believe that America is hateful of homosexuals, I do not believe that they deserve special privilege. I do not believe that their beliefs should be imposed on other people. Most people think it is "wrong" because the book where their morals are founded on, the bible, says in some verses that it is wrong. There are also some people that observe how homosexuals are far more likely to get STD's and it may not be a safe lifestyle but it is not my opinion that the law should tell you what is safe for you that is a personal decisions to make. Thank you for a quality debate.
Posted by Debate-King 2 weeks ago
Debate-King
Some_Confused_Kid, yup I get that. We all judge people, and a lot of us can't help it. It's a natural instinct that we all have. Others judge people and we judge them for judging. Part of debates is judging what others think about the topic.
Posted by Some_Confused_Kid 2 weeks ago
Some_Confused_Kid
Debate King it is impossible to not judge someone.If you look at someone who is in rags and smells you immediatly judge them and put on your moral perspective.The same way with homosexuality we see it as going against the Morals that a lot of people have.Is it rude yes but do they have the right yes.
Posted by Some_Confused_Kid 2 weeks ago
Some_Confused_Kid
If the two lovers wanna get married just get a civil union.It is basically a marriage.
Posted by Debate-King 2 weeks ago
Debate-King
To Some_Confused_Kid

I'm sorry if you felt judged but that was mainly meant as a joke.
But just saying we're all broken as human beings.
Posted by atheistwithfinelegs 2 weeks ago
atheistwithfinelegs
gay marriage is correct and should be more accepted. the definition of marriage is "the legally or formally recognized union of two people as partners in a relationship" isn't it?
Posted by Some_Confused_Kid 2 weeks ago
Some_Confused_Kid
Debate king that means you broke the do not judge people.You judged me by saying im confused.
Posted by jo154676 2 weeks ago
jo154676
Debate king they legalized gay marriage because it is socially correct and the very progressive movement in this country pressured them to.
Posted by Debate-King 2 weeks ago
Debate-King
To Some_Confused_Kid

In Matthew 7:1-? it says don't judge or you will be judged. It is okay to form your own opinions, but it is not okay to think of people badly because of the people they love. Why else would the government legalize gay marriage if it was a bad thing to do. It is not a crime to love someone. I find judging to be like criticizing someone negatively, so back off of the gays.
Posted by Some_Confused_Kid 2 weeks ago
Some_Confused_Kid
Also in the bible on many proverbs say that marriage is between a man and a woman.When you judge someone you are forming your own opinions to the person.Is it bad to form your own opinion?
Posted by Debate-King 2 weeks ago
Debate-King
If you are talking about Christianity, then I can introduce you to plenty gay Christians, Some_Confused_Kid