Sairan
DeeZeeQuinn

Homosexuality

Sairan

Con

There are many arguments against homosexuality based on religious grounds and on its effects on society which include such matters as the negative health effects of homosexuality and that homosexual couples experience significant higher rates of domestic violence.
DeeZeeQuinn

Pro

The arguments against homosexuality on a religious basis are the direct result of a mass of human beings not completely understanding the Bible nor how to interpret it. I do not disagree that the Bible does in fact make general statements regarding the one on one of same sex couples, but the statements are generalized and often refer to those of that period. I do not believe that the generations post that period are exempt on any level, but I do believe that the God that I believe in is a forgiving God. I believe that he recognizes that intellectually, sexually, and morally his people have changed dramatically since the period which the Bible was written, and that he knew it was to happen. I have researched this matter extensively and have discerned that religiously the sides are split down the middle. I recognize that homosexuality has found it's own religious venues in which to express their spirituality, would God still pull them to him if he had turned his back on them? Being that humans make such a ruckus over religion and the homosexual community it is easily determined that it is just that, the ruckus of mere mortals, whom have nothing better to do in their lives except to rant about something that they have no real basis for outside of their own private beliefs. God has yet to tell anyone directly that he will banish these people to fire and brimstone, it is mere speculation by a few and a personal misuse of words that no one truly understands.

Regarding the health effects of homosexuality. It is absolutely not supported that homosexuals have a higher percentage of negative health issues than the heterosexuals. I have researched that subject far and wide. It has been determined that bi-sexual individuals have a higher health risk than "other" sexually active individuals simply based on the fact that this individual is needed to transmit any illnesses from the homosexual community to the heterosexual community. That is all that I can find that actually relates to this topic. There is no statistical information that I reference because the topic is truly that vague. It has been determined that bisexual individuals are directly responsible for the transmission of HIV to the heterosexual community, but I ask you, if an individual is sexually active, shouldn't that individual be responsible regarding whom he/she has sexual intercourse with? Further, if a drug addict is using dirty needles and the like in the attempt of self soothing shouldn't that individual be the factor in this equation since once again, that individual makes a educated reaction to a completely negative action.

There is absolutely no support that homosexual couples have higher domestic violent statistics, in fact quite the opposite is found. Through the partnered homosexuals in the limelight, ie. Ellen Degeneres, Neil Patrick Harris to name just a few, it is the complete opposite that prevails. These couples seem to thrive, in fact they seem to thrive for the long term. I reference http://www.buzzfeed.com.... Homosexual couples seem dedicated to continued commitment than any other type of "not normal" relationship that exists today, ie. mixed races, sugar daddy, or sugar mama. I, myself am very close to a homosexual partnership, one party of the couple came out of a heterosexual lifestyle after many years of denial and three children. The relationship shared between these two individuals has been nothing but noble. They share the various responsibilities in life, they demonstrate effective parenting, and they are never boisterous, even while in disagreement with each other. I have learned through my relationship with this couple what it looks like to be domestically blessed.
Sairan

Con

Sairan forfeited this round.
DeeZeeQuinn

Pro

Why begin a debate to include establishment of the boundaries and time restraints when you are aren't going to make yourself available to the debate? I dislike wasting my fun time. Thank you.
Sairan

Con

Sairan forfeited this round.
DeeZeeQuinn

Pro

I suppose that there is no need to argue this case....made my point :)
Posted by darkcity 4 years ago
darkcity
we are have a debate that touches on the subject of time-wasters. You may be interested-
http://debate.org...
Posted by DeeZeeQuinn 4 years ago
DeeZeeQuinn
Why would anyone post a debate and not respond when the debate is accepted? Geez!!!!
Posted by Luggs 4 years ago
Luggs
Actually, I want to accept it as well, but I'm not sure how I should start off.
Posted by Luggs 4 years ago
Luggs
Go ahead. Con did not specify some rules, so you miht as well accept it and start.
Posted by zgb1997 4 years ago
zgb1997
I would like to accept this debate. But since there are three rounds, am I allowed to begin my argumentation and rebuttals to con's statement in R1?