arawls
Nemat

Homosexuality

arawls

Pro

As a homosexual, I do not appreciate people saying that gay people are "not human beings". I can assure you that I am most certainly a human being. Also, homosexuality will NEVER destroy the human race, because 1. Being gay is not a choice 2. Being gay is not a disease. Please explain to me why you feel the way you do about homosexuality.
Nemat

Con

Let's start with this. I hate Gay people but I will never harm them in anyway. I see them as non human for the following ways.

1. They do not do what a majority of us do. They are a minority. Please do not bring up the argument that certain races are minorities and are different. Cause I love equal rights between races, religions, cultures, genders, and all people. I support Human rights. Gay People Aren"t Fully Developed Humans. The Pope himself said so. The Catholic Church is against it. The Islamic Community is fully against it. Judaism is against it. Hinduism is against it. In other words all major religions are against it.

2. They fall to continue the human race. I'm not saying all people should bring children but they should at least be able to I know you going to say that Gays can biologically do it too. I'm sorry but why don't you just do it and forget about the same gender attraction. If you can't get rid of it just abstain from it. According to some people myself included Gay people threaten human dignity and the future of humanity itself. Why you may ask well you see it just goes against everything we have been taught since the beginning of our lives. It sort of hurts your conscious cause you can't decide if it is moral or not. I was raised with the idea that man and woman marry and bring kids and the cycle allows continue. Later on when I found out there was such thing as being Gay. I felt utterly disgusted and my stomach began to you know sort of puke out. It was something that seemed impossible and I still to this day can't for sure say it really exists or it's just some sort of joke people are playing on me.

3. Direct quote from Jewish religious leaders. "The family is threatened in many places by a faulty conception of human nature" Human society revolves around this idea of father mother and brother/sister. Homosexuality breaks this very clearly and contradicts the idea that one needs a mother and a father. Mother breast feed their child and that is extremely important. I know that now a days most mothers use milk formulas but research has shown that a mother's milk is much healthier. In a Gay relationship this is not possible if it is a man and another man.

4. Church must "promote those values that permit the full development of the human person." This is a statement from former Pope Benedict XVI. He clearly supports my views that a normal relationship promotes full development of a human. Children should be kept away from Gay friendly propaganda cause they might choose to follow that path.

5. The Qur'an cites the story of the "people of Lot" (also known as the people of Sodom and Gomorrah), destroyed by the wrath of God because they engaged in "lustful" carnal acts between men. In a study on the global acceptance of homosexuality by Pew Research Center, released June 4, 2013 it is stated that there is widespread rejection in predominantly Muslim nations and in Africa, as well as in parts of Asia and in Russia. Less than 2% of muslims say homosexuality is okay. That is not marriage the percent that support Gay marriage is even lower probably 0.1%

6. Christianity condemns it just as much. "If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them." This is a verse from the book of Leviticus chapters 20 verse 13. " For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature: 27 And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet. " this verse is from the new testament from the book of romans Chapters 1 verse 26.

7. Judaism maintains the traditional Jewish bans on both sexual acts and marriage amongst members of the same sex. The Jewish Oral Law states that capital punishment would only be applicable if two men were caught in the act of anal sex.

These were some Religious reasons why I see it as a sin. I will examine natural and physiological reasons later. I am sorry if I offended you but I just can't handle the idea. It's like the idea of incest. It's just gross and seems unnatural.
arawls

Pro

For starters, I appreciate the fact that you will never bring harm to a gay person.

1. You are correct. Homosexuality is not the norm. However, there is no scientifically evidence stating that homosexuals are not fully developed humans. As far as the religious side of things, I will get to that in a minute.

2. You are correct in saying that a man can not reproduce with another man. But saying that just because someone cannot reproduce means they are not human is entirely illogical. Many heterosexual men and women are infertile and unable to reproduce. Are they sub human as well? Also, as far as morals go, just because something does not fit your morals does not automatically mean that it does not exist or it is wrong. Morals are something that are taught from childhood. Meaning different people can have different morals.

3. Obviously a man cannot breast feed a child. Once again you have stated the obvious. But just because a religion does not like something does not mean that it is inherently evil. But more on that later.

4. Numerous homosexual couples have raised children in very loving homes and those children have had no ill effects whatsoever. There have been actual studies showing that children raised by a gay couple are happier than those raised by a straight couple. In fact, children raised by a gay couple have actually been shown to do better on average than others. Now I'm not saying that all children raised by their birth parents are stupid, nor am I saying that all kids raised by a gay couple are geniuses. What is a PROVEN FACT, though, is that there is no scientific evidence showing that children raised by gay couples have any problems directly resulting from that.

5. As far as the story of Sodom and Gomorrah goes, you are incorrect. In original texts, no where did it state that the sins committed in Sodom were of a "lustful" nature. Look something up for yourself before you start quoting things. It doesn't pay to just take everything someone says on faith.

6. As far as Christianity is concerned, we could turn that into a whole other debate in itself (which I wouldn't mind haha) what I will say is that 1. The story of Jesus is almost exactly word for word the same as the story of Horus in Egyptian mythology 2. The Christian Roman Emperor Constantine sat down with a council of people and decided what THEY deemed suitable to put in the bible. They could have put anything into it. Knowing this, no one should trust anything that the bible says as anything more than a good story.

7. See above^

Don't worry. You won't offend me. I've had my fair share of people say nasty things to me and my boyfriend. Also, I am really very sorry that you find homosexuality so gross. While I can safely assume that you are not gay yourself, there are many gay people out there that are very nice people and you could probably make some great friends if you opened your mind up a little.
Nemat

Con

The reason most people are against it is quite simply cause it is not the norm. It has been historically seen as something unnatural. I agree that your morals depend on how you are brought up. For example if you are brought up by Gay parents you are okay with the idea of having Gay parents. You might even think that everyone has them. The problem is that kids get picked on for having Gay parents so in most cases I believe the children might of some trouble say at school. I am against Gay people adopting children cause first of all they will feel discriminated. They should know early on that they used to have a real mother and a real father. I believe that all children have the right to know who there parents were and why they are in their current state. Second I think that if for example the parents are Gay what if the child just choses it cause the parents are like that. What if it develops to a stage when the child is caught in between. What happens if he is confused with who he really is. A child should have a caring mother and a caring father. I was brought up with the idea that Gay is a swear word and people still use it as a swear word. Any show with that word on is turned off immediately and changed. Women that are infertile are just as human as any other child cause those infertile women want to have kids but sadly can't. In their case they were born with the ability of not being able to. I feel really really sorry for women that can't have children. It most be extremely sad to find out one day that you can't give birth. On religion I have trouble cause all major religions oppose it in a united sort of way. Does that mean all these religions are wrong. I agree with the bible fact that it indeed could've easily been changed and manipulated over time under the romans. I know that some people disagree with the contents of Sodom and Gomorrah and what it really means. One can interpret it as having nothing to do with lustful acts but one must examine other books that mention it. The Quran contains seven references to "the people of Lut", the biblical Lot, but meaning the residents of Sodom and Gomorrah and their destruction by Allah is associated explicitly with their sexual practices. So one must examine all books. Some people favor the non-sexual interpretation but I am not a follower of the bible. I am the follower of the Quran. So my disagreement with homosexuality is based on culture, religion, consensus of everyone on earth (A clear majority of people on earth see it as a sin, maybe not in the west but in poor places), my upbringing and my personal beliefs. I am obviously not gay but I have an extremely hard time accepting it cause it just goes against everything that I have been taught. It passes a red mark on how far I can change my values and beliefs. I live in western society and I immigrated here. I follow the laws and I am kind and I am a citizen of this country. I have never met a gay person in real life ever. I have never seen one or talked to one face to face. I do not plan on doing so cause knowing someone is would make me feel uncomfortable and unsafe. I am 14 years old and 1 week from now I am going to go to Grade 9. Sorry if my english isn't that good. I'm new to this country a bit. Been here for half my childhood.
arawls

Pro

arawls forfeited this round.
Nemat

Con

end hunger instead
arawls

Pro

arawls forfeited this round.
arawls

Pro

arawls forfeited this round.
Nemat

Con

It is immoral
Posted by markrpendleton 3 years ago
markrpendleton
Dawn - I appreciate your question. At some level I bought into the lie presented by our culture in the US as well as in the home I was raised in. I was not valued, loved and affirmed for who I was as a male and developed a sense of inferiority when I compared myself to certain others. That sense/feeling of inferiority provided the fuel for me idolizing certain other males who did seem to be praised and loved. The iinferiority on one end and the idolatry on the other end fed a deep self hatred and envy/covetedness of what others had. The covetedness fed into sexual lust...which was really a desire to both possess and consume the masculinity, masculine energy and essence that I perceived that I did not have. It came from a great emptiness, sadness and sorrow in my soul of being abused, neglected, rejected and abandoned really by both of my parents. The more whole and mature as a man that I continue to both see myself and feel the less and less attracted I am to men.
Posted by dawndawndawndawn 3 years ago
dawndawndawndawn
Mark P. please, define masculine and tell where you learned that definition
Posted by markrpendleton 3 years ago
markrpendleton
As a man who lived a gay life for 11 years in Miami, Atlanta and D.C. I can tell you from first hand experience that I NEVER saw or experienced myself one healthy gay male relationship. In fact, the majority of gay men that I knew, including myself, had issues with sexual addiction, substance abuse, codependency, low self esteem, etc....that includes gay men inside gay affirming Christian churches. For years, I pursued the healing of my gender identity thru other men...hence the very foundation of the attraction was an underdeveloped gender and gender identity due to withdrawal from the world of males and men starting at a young age. Due to abuse and neglect I was emasculated, never masculinized and somewhat feminized. I was conditioned to be what I was. The more I sought out the healing or completion of my masculinity thru sexual and romantic relationships with the more of my masculinity I gave away. It was absolute insane behavior. I gave away what shred as masculinity and masculinity energy, power and potency I had in exchange for what I thought was love, acceptance and attention as well as for what I thought was protection. In essence I prostituted myself to get my very real and valid human needs met that were not met by my parents. In fact, I was willing to accept my role as a "bottom" by becoming an aggressive bottom...essentially by trying to have some kind of control while I continued to be sexually abused by other, "stronger" gay men!! My gay identity was built upon a victim identity which came into being thru years of abuse and neglect.
Posted by superman15 3 years ago
superman15
hey guys so anyways i am not a gay person. i have nothing against gays at all i know some gay guys and gals personally and they are all very nice people. i think they are people and i have never had a problem with any of them. well i do not support homosexuality because i know that it is not a choice to be gay but i do not agree with homosexuality because it goes against the laws of nature. i do not hate gays or anything like that i just dont agree with homosexuality.
Posted by AlphaSnailTrail 3 years ago
AlphaSnailTrail
60% of dolphins are gay.
So being straight is not the norm for them.

Are you against that too, or is this some f*cked up species-based argument?
Posted by peedeeboi 3 years ago
peedeeboi
I'm not gay. I don't approve of homosexual behavior. But your arguments are childish and so weaken your standpoint.
Posted by dawndawndawndawn 3 years ago
dawndawndawndawn
Religious stand points are not the norm. They have nothing to do with being a real human.