Debate Rounds (5)
1. They do not do what a majority of us do. They are a minority. Please do not bring up the argument that certain races are minorities and are different. Cause I love equal rights between races, religions, cultures, genders, and all people. I support Human rights. Gay People Aren"t Fully Developed Humans. The Pope himself said so. The Catholic Church is against it. The Islamic Community is fully against it. Judaism is against it. Hinduism is against it. In other words all major religions are against it.
2. They fall to continue the human race. I'm not saying all people should bring children but they should at least be able to I know you going to say that Gays can biologically do it too. I'm sorry but why don't you just do it and forget about the same gender attraction. If you can't get rid of it just abstain from it. According to some people myself included Gay people threaten human dignity and the future of humanity itself. Why you may ask well you see it just goes against everything we have been taught since the beginning of our lives. It sort of hurts your conscious cause you can't decide if it is moral or not. I was raised with the idea that man and woman marry and bring kids and the cycle allows continue. Later on when I found out there was such thing as being Gay. I felt utterly disgusted and my stomach began to you know sort of puke out. It was something that seemed impossible and I still to this day can't for sure say it really exists or it's just some sort of joke people are playing on me.
3. Direct quote from Jewish religious leaders. "The family is threatened in many places by a faulty conception of human nature" Human society revolves around this idea of father mother and brother/sister. Homosexuality breaks this very clearly and contradicts the idea that one needs a mother and a father. Mother breast feed their child and that is extremely important. I know that now a days most mothers use milk formulas but research has shown that a mother's milk is much healthier. In a Gay relationship this is not possible if it is a man and another man.
4. Church must "promote those values that permit the full development of the human person." This is a statement from former Pope Benedict XVI. He clearly supports my views that a normal relationship promotes full development of a human. Children should be kept away from Gay friendly propaganda cause they might choose to follow that path.
5. The Qur'an cites the story of the "people of Lot" (also known as the people of Sodom and Gomorrah), destroyed by the wrath of God because they engaged in "lustful" carnal acts between men. In a study on the global acceptance of homosexuality by Pew Research Center, released June 4, 2013 it is stated that there is widespread rejection in predominantly Muslim nations and in Africa, as well as in parts of Asia and in Russia. Less than 2% of muslims say homosexuality is okay. That is not marriage the percent that support Gay marriage is even lower probably 0.1%
6. Christianity condemns it just as much. "If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them." This is a verse from the book of Leviticus chapters 20 verse 13. " For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature: 27 And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet. " this verse is from the new testament from the book of romans Chapters 1 verse 26.
7. Judaism maintains the traditional Jewish bans on both sexual acts and marriage amongst members of the same sex. The Jewish Oral Law states that capital punishment would only be applicable if two men were caught in the act of anal sex.
These were some Religious reasons why I see it as a sin. I will examine natural and physiological reasons later. I am sorry if I offended you but I just can't handle the idea. It's like the idea of incest. It's just gross and seems unnatural.
1. You are correct. Homosexuality is not the norm. However, there is no scientifically evidence stating that homosexuals are not fully developed humans. As far as the religious side of things, I will get to that in a minute.
2. You are correct in saying that a man can not reproduce with another man. But saying that just because someone cannot reproduce means they are not human is entirely illogical. Many heterosexual men and women are infertile and unable to reproduce. Are they sub human as well? Also, as far as morals go, just because something does not fit your morals does not automatically mean that it does not exist or it is wrong. Morals are something that are taught from childhood. Meaning different people can have different morals.
3. Obviously a man cannot breast feed a child. Once again you have stated the obvious. But just because a religion does not like something does not mean that it is inherently evil. But more on that later.
4. Numerous homosexual couples have raised children in very loving homes and those children have had no ill effects whatsoever. There have been actual studies showing that children raised by a gay couple are happier than those raised by a straight couple. In fact, children raised by a gay couple have actually been shown to do better on average than others. Now I'm not saying that all children raised by their birth parents are stupid, nor am I saying that all kids raised by a gay couple are geniuses. What is a PROVEN FACT, though, is that there is no scientific evidence showing that children raised by gay couples have any problems directly resulting from that.
5. As far as the story of Sodom and Gomorrah goes, you are incorrect. In original texts, no where did it state that the sins committed in Sodom were of a "lustful" nature. Look something up for yourself before you start quoting things. It doesn't pay to just take everything someone says on faith.
6. As far as Christianity is concerned, we could turn that into a whole other debate in itself (which I wouldn't mind haha) what I will say is that 1. The story of Jesus is almost exactly word for word the same as the story of Horus in Egyptian mythology 2. The Christian Roman Emperor Constantine sat down with a council of people and decided what THEY deemed suitable to put in the bible. They could have put anything into it. Knowing this, no one should trust anything that the bible says as anything more than a good story.
7. See above^
Don't worry. You won't offend me. I've had my fair share of people say nasty things to me and my boyfriend. Also, I am really very sorry that you find homosexuality so gross. While I can safely assume that you are not gay yourself, there are many gay people out there that are very nice people and you could probably make some great friends if you opened your mind up a little.
arawls forfeited this round.
end hunger instead
arawls forfeited this round.
arawls forfeited this round.
No votes have been placed for this debate.
You are not eligible to vote on this debate
This debate has been configured to only allow voters who meet the requirements set by the debaters. This debate either has an Elo score requirement or is to be voted on by a select panel of judges.