AriaHere
TheChamp

Homosexuals should be allowed to marry eachother.Homosexuals should be allowed to marry eachother.

AriaHere

Pro

This round is for acceptance. I am looking forward to debating this with my opponent.
TheChamp

Con

This shouldn't even be a debate this is a very horrible thing and they should not be allowed to marry at all.
AriaHere

Pro

You said that it is a very horrible thing yet you have not gave me a valid reason why.
They are human beings like everyone else. The only difference is sexual orientation. In my opinion I don't see anything bad with two couples of the same sex marrying.
TheChamp

Con

This thing can influence children and drive them away from their friends.I would know because i knew a guy who everyone thought was straight.Then on day he told everyone he was gay,nobody talked to him and he always got beat up.My point is is that children can be influence by this and get bullied and or beat up about there sexual orientation.
AriaHere

Pro

That is a good point but many people aren't that cruel. These specific people you talked about - these might have been raised in an environment where gays weren't accepted into the family. They could have been influenced that gays are bad etc.
Two of my friends, my aunt and my sisters friend are homosexual, they turned out fine and they didn't get bullied or anything. Now all of them are happy and two of them are living with their partner.
TheChamp

Con

Lets go into the religion side off this. Personally I am Catholic, and you know that Catholics don't support this stuff. Plus pretty much every religion that I can think of does not support gay marriage. In my opinion it's just Unnatural.It hurts churches everywhere. Though there are gays who still believe in god not a lot of churches will totally accept them.
AriaHere

Pro

I don't think that religion has anything to do with it. Are you saying that it is unnatural for two human beings to be with each other? How does it hurt churches. It doesn't affect them. The only people that it is going to affect are the two individuals.

Is is strange that a man and women are married in a church? No. Why should it be strange for a woman and woman/ man or a man to be married?
TheChamp

Con

Lemme say this first. There are many people who don't support gay marriage. Especially the celebrities. They just say they do so that people won't hate them.Back to the point.If a woman and woman or man and man marry in a church,it ruins the tradition.People used to kill or put gays in jail. (I'm not saying they should kill them though i'm just stating a point).It ruins a long line of tradition in the church,and i'm not just talking about Christian churches it goes for all other churches,Muslim,Jewish,Islam,etc...
Posted by whiteflame 11 months ago
whiteflame
*******************************************************************
>Reported vote: flash7221// Mod action: Removed<

3 points to Pro (Arguments, Sources). Reasons for voting decision: Why do people truly care? How does two gay people getting married, affect your life in any way shape or form? I am totally against gay things, but them getting married isn't going to change my life in some dramatic way. When traditional marriage has a 50% divorce rate, how can they dictate who gets married, when man and woman can hardly stay together. I see no point in not letting them get married. It's more money into the economy and it does not affect any other lives except their own.

[*Reason for removal*] Not an RFD. The voter appears to just present their opinion on the topic and ignores the argumetns made by both sides. Even if these poitns did encompass Pro's arguments, the voter is still required to assess Con's points as well.
************************************************************************
Posted by AriaHere 12 months ago
AriaHere
A disorder? I totally disagree with this. How can two people, who comfort each other and love each other be a disorder? If two people of the same sex is a disorder, shouldn't straight couples have disorders too? A man and woman are completely different, but a man/man or woman/woman are exactly the same in some senses.

How can it be corrected? You cant exactly use shock therapy like they did a while ago...
Posted by DrewKaltenberger 12 months ago
DrewKaltenberger
I, personally, see homosexuality as a disorder. Sure you can choose to be it (which I think is wrong), but core homosexuals have a hormone imbalance, in which the male or female has a higher amount of the opposite sexes gender hormone (estrogen, progesterone, testosterone...), generating an interest in the same sex. This can be corrected. For my second point, I think its detrimental to society. Until recently, when homosexuality was introduced as a legitimate viewpoint, there was significantly less turmoil publicly displayed. Additionally, society was built on the man -> woman -> kids family structure, and disregarding this leads to break down society...
Vote Placed by Peepette 11 months ago
Peepette
AriaHereTheChampTied
Reasons for voting decision: This is a wash debate. Neither side provides a convincing stance with any detailed reasoning or rebuttals. PRO states that gay marriage does not hurt anyone. Not everyone gets bullied when they come out, and gay marriage does not hurt the church. CON contends coming out results in bullying and loss of friends. It?s against religion and gay marriage ruins the traditions of religion. S&G tied, no obvious errors on either side. Conduct ties, both were respectful in tone. Sources tie, neither used sources.