KB240o
Tyler_P

Homosexuals should not have any rights

KB240o

Con

1st round acceptance

Anything goes but the first round are opening arguments. Most likely I am going to lose because most of the people here say Gays are ok. So I ask ALL of you to be open minded & READ the statements I state & for Pro.
Tyler_P

Pro

Hello, I look forward to hearing your opinion on this topic.

Your title for this debate is quite interesting, I do not see why homosexuals should not have ANY rights. They are not criminals and deserve their rights. With that said, even criminals have rights, so if your opinion truly corresponds to your choice of title, you're a jerk. So are you suggesting enslaving homosexuals? I would hope not.

I agree with your final sentence as well, regardless of your original opinion, please stay open minded and really read, and think about the arguments that are presented.
KB240o

Con

Thanks for the acceptance Pro. Your first response is "Your title for this debate is quite interesting, I do not see why homosexuals should not have ANY rights. They are not criminals and deserve their rights. With that said, even criminals have rights, so if your opinion truly corresponds to your choice of title, you're a jerk. So are you suggesting enslaving homosexuals?" You are completely over exaggerating. What I mean by the title is the homosexuals should not have rights to marry, show public affair, or have children, etc.

My first point I'd like to make up is that homosexuals can be easily confused about what or whom they love. I often here statements about how some homosexuals say being gay is not a choice it's a lifestyle or they are born that way. It sounds like someone is controlling their life when they say this. In no way it is possible to be born gay for many reasons. One, your likings change as you grow older, for example are we born right or left handed? Our handiness is not hereditary, it's adaptation to lifestyle. There was also a twin study:
"Twin studies have frequently been used to test genetic theories. The latest twin studies regarding homosexuality are giving more evidence that homosexuality is not DNA determined. Identical twins have the same genes or DNA. They are nurtured in equal prenatal conditions. If homosexuality is caused by genetics or prenatal conditions and one twin is gay, the co-twin should also be gay."
http://americanvision.org...
You can check out this website to get the whole view on this article.

To continue my statement that homosexuals are confused, I'm going to provide more detail. Homosexuals always start out as, "Do I like guys?" or "Am I gay?". It always starts as questioning themselves to their gender likings. Sometimes homosexuals can start off by being sexually abused causing them to dislike the same sex. In terms of mental health, LGBT youth were more likely to report depression and depressive symptoms, previous suicide attempts, and non-suicidal self-injury. In terms of sexual health, LGBT youth were more likely to report sex risk behaviors, a deficit in HIV education. If a young female child were sexually abused by a male this can cause them to change their likings in the opposite gender to like the same gander (Female). It's their past trauma & childhood that keeps haunting them.

Next topic about the confusion in homosexuals is bullying. Lets admit, when we were all younger we've all called someone or heard someone call another person gay or faggot. This is the bullying factor & we all know bullying takes a major toll in all young children's lives. Lets look at the number of bullying:
* 70 percent of all high school students say they have been bullied. (source: American Psychological Association)
* 90 percent of all fourth through eighth graders have been bullied. (National School Safety Center)
* Approximately 160,000 U.S. students miss school each day because they are being bullied.(National Education Association)
* 42 percent of children have been cyberbullied and 53 percent admit to cyberbullying someone else. (i-SAFE Inc.)
*9 in 10 lesbian, gay, bisexual or transgender (LGBT) students have experienced some form of bullying at school. (It Gets Better Campaign and Stop Bullying Now!)
* Victims of bullying are up to 9 times more likely to contemplate suicide. (Yale University)

So How common is bullying that targets lesbian, gay, bisexual or transgendered (LGBT) kids? According to a survey conducted by the Gay, Lesbian and Straight Education Network, 84.6 percent of all LGBT students reported being verbally harassed at school about their sexual orientation within the past year, while 40 percent reported being physically attacked.
http://childrenshospital.org...

I also read a report once how a few homosexuals went to counseling about their likings in the same gender, about 16 out of 20 came out with a changed mindset of likings in sexual desire. One more thing to add to the confusion of homosexuals is that adolescents are around the trend of homosexuals. What caused the trend? is it the Justin Biebers with the long hair, the new trend? Is it that stupid song "Jerk by the New Boyz?" the ones who wear those skinny jeans that are designed for females? If gay rights were approved to have public affairs & were allowed to raise children & marry, I believe we'd have a social pandemic causing civil wars. Many parents want grandchildren (blood grandchildren) not an adopted baby. Why should parents who are against Gay rights have to suffer the possibility that their children may become homosexual because of the things they're children are around.

I have many more arguments but I'll save them for the rounds to come. Thank you again Pro for accepting my debate & I look forward to this debate. I remind EVERYONE who reads this debate to READ the WHOLE debate & keep an OPEN MIND.
Thank you
Tyler_P

Pro

Your first point is very interesting, however by taking a look at your profile [1] it looks as if you are a straight man. If this is the case, who are you to say that you know "that homosexuals can be easily confused about what or whom they love." Not to say that I am any different and I am a straight man as well. But I feel that is not something a straight person can declare. When you were born did you get a chance to choose "Would you like to be hetero or homosexual?" I didn't think you did. That to me is enough evidence that homosexuality is not a choice but is a part of someone from birth.

Skipping around a bit, you later go on to mention how kids in school are bullied. Bullying is a terrible problem in the education system, but I don't understand how kids being bullied because of their sexuality has anything to do with homosexual people not being allowed to, as you say, "marry, show public affair, or have children, etc." If you deny homosexuals those aforementioned rights, you are basically bullying [2] homosexuals even more into your personal way of life.

Really what this comes down to is hatred. Does homosexual people having equal rights negatively effect your life? Does homosexual people having equal rights endanger you? Didn't think so. This is the basically the same issue as was the Civil Rights Movement for African-Americans in the 1950's and 60's. The arguments are all the same. There is no reason to deny someone rights because of their color of skin or their sexuality. Both are things that are not choices and really do not make a difference.

Perhaps you weren't raised in an environment where it was better to accept diversity rather than shun and scold it. But you cannot persist in this delusion that causes you to believe that just because someone is a homosexual that they are inferior to you and your heterosexual likings. It is not fair to homosexuals that they are punished for something they really cannot control. Just as it was not fair to people of colored skin to be punished because of their skin color, something they are not in control of and does not make a difference.

Put yourself in this situation- You are in a world where the majority of people are homosexuals, and being a homosexual is the norm, whereas heterosexuals are considered odd and inferior by some. You however are heterosexual, you always have been, and see nothing wrong with it. You and your partner want to get married, however due to the fact that you are straight, you cannot get married to the person that you love, just because you're heterosexual and that's "not normal."

It's just not fair to them. I'm sure you wouldn't like it if you were in their position. There is no such thing as freedom until all are equal. (Yes that was a re-wording of Macklemore... I'm sorry, I had to put it in.)

Sources-
[1]- http://www.debate.org...
[2]- http://dictionary.reference.com...
KB240o

Con

KB240o forfeited this round.
Tyler_P

Pro

Tyler_P forfeited this round.
KB240o

Con

KB240o forfeited this round.
Tyler_P

Pro

Tyler_P forfeited this round.
Posted by KB240o 3 years ago
KB240o
Hey Tyler_P I'm sorry for wasting your time I've just had some stuff going on & just haven't had time to reply. If it's ok with you can I add you as a friend & we can debate when I know I'd have time to debate & it'd be an ok time for you to debate also? Sorry again for wasting your time.
Posted by KB240o 3 years ago
KB240o
@Tyler_P

I forfeited I got some stuff going on so I came to late.
Posted by Tyler_P 3 years ago
Tyler_P
What happened?
Posted by KB240o 3 years ago
KB240o
Noooooo wow
Vote Placed by D.Wolf 3 years ago
D.Wolf
KB240oTyler_PTied
Reasons for voting decision: In my opinion Con provided a more persuasive argument.
Vote Placed by newbiehere 3 years ago
newbiehere
KB240oTyler_PTied
Reasons for voting decision: To me, Pro was the winner off the bat ("any" vs "certain" or "some." Con should have thought this through. Would have given conduct to Pro as well for putting up with Con changing the debate topic shortly after he technically lost, but there was some besmirching of character in there too, so it's a tie.