GodlyBeret
Ozzyhead

Homosexuals should not make straights feel bad for who they are.

GodlyBeret

GodlyBeret

Pro

I had a friend who was homosexual. She believed that once she told me, that it would be okay for her to tell me all about homosexuality. She told me about fan fictions and all and I did not like it. Being religious I told her about how I felt. She said she wanted to be religious also. I told her that God does not support the idea of homosexuality. She then made me feel bad by calling me a homophobe, and talking about me on a website that supports homosexuality. She has told people about me not liking homosexuals, and has caused me to get cyber bullied, and verbally bullied.
Ozzyhead

Con

Only twice in the bible does God condemn homosexuality, while condemning eating shellfish 8 times. The reason why you seen like a homophobe is because you are choosing what to believe and what to throw out. The God of the bible also condemns eating of swine, animals with web feet such as birds and reptiles, wearing clothing of multiple fabric, allowing people of different faith living in your village, and working on the day of the Sabbath, all of which is punishable in the same way homosexuality is published. I believe that straight people who disagree with the homosexual life style are truly against the life style for other reasons. Other wise, they would follow every letter of the law, which is what Jesus instructed you to do. He did not change laws and he did not come to bring peace, "but the sword" as quoted in Matthews. Straights do not deserve to feel bad, but straights who disagree should. They do no good for their peers
GodlyBeret

Pro

I understand, but is cyber and physical bullying necessary? Does she have the right to talk about me on websites, claiming that I don't support homosexuality? Homosexuality is a big thing. It defies one of the only main messages God gave us which was to reproduce and make offspring:

Genesis 1:28

Easy-to-Read Version (ERV)

28 God blessed them and said to them, "Have many children. Fill the earth and take control of it. Rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the air. Rule over every living thing that moves on the earth."

Regular version

"Be fruitful and increase in number; fill the earth and subdue it. Rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky and over every living creature that moves on the ground."

Obviously homosexuals can not reproduce. That is why it is a problem.
Ozzyhead

Con

By saying that is the reason homosexuals shouldn't be in a relationship because of that sole fact, a man or woman who is infertile should never be in a closed relationship? What if one becomes infertile after they are married?
GodlyBeret

Pro

You know what I mean. If you are going to take out a bible and read to me so will I. I didn't say that homosexuals can not be in a relationship that is not the main idea of this debate. It is whether or not homosexuals should be mean to straights. Don't go off topic now.
Ozzyhead

Con

If you are going to deny someone equal rights because of an ancient history text, than yes, they have the right to be mean because what you are doing does a thousand times the damage of what they are doing and you'll never understand that.
Posted by GodlyBeret 2 years ago
GodlyBeret
KatieKat99

I'm sorry you feel that way. I am recounting an experience. Better usage of the bible? I don't con even picked out the right passages. If you don't believe in the bible, don't read this debate. If you are going to come on this debate and say, that you are not buying and you wonder why everyone else is, that's because you shouldn't be even voting on a debate. Con's only arguments were that homosexuals should not date, be together and stuff. He did not say anything about them being mean to straights. This debate was posted because I feel that some, SOME, homosexuals are mean to straights. So, before you comment, and disrespect everyone, think about it.
Posted by cheyennebodie 2 years ago
cheyennebodie
I guess misery loves company. That is why homo's want to be absorbed into society.
Posted by GodlyBeret 2 years ago
GodlyBeret
Thank you Pfalcon1318. You are right.
Posted by Pfalcon1318 2 years ago
Pfalcon1318
This is not a debate on homosexuality being wrong. This a debate on Homosexual people making heterosexual people "feel bad" for being homosexual.

Only PRO made an argument related to this. All of CON's points were red herrings, at best. It could've been argued by CON that PRO was mean first, which would have made this a better debate.

PRO is the only one that offered arguments that related directly to the resolution. Arguments to PRO.
Posted by ItsTrippy 2 years ago
ItsTrippy
This is so wrong Guys. Come on. If you were gay would you want a straight to make you feel bad. NO. So why is this Debate even on here.
Posted by ElijahManley 2 years ago
ElijahManley
Well the pro HAS A POINT
Posted by funnycn 2 years ago
funnycn
Ethics can be divided into two categories.

Personal and General.

Personal ethics are things like wether homosexuality is good or bad. There is no general "rule" to define wether it's good or bad. Actually, thievery belongs to personal because people see it as good and bad (I see it as a bad thing no matter what I won't jump into that though).

General ethics are things like murder is bad and giving to the poor is good.
Vote Placed by kbub 2 years ago
kbub
GodlyBeretOzzyheadTied
Reasons for voting decision: I agree with Con that Pro was being the bully, which warranted self defense. Pointing out that someone is homophobic isn't bullying. However, being homophobic often can be.
Vote Placed by Jellon 2 years ago
Jellon
GodlyBeretOzzyheadTied
Reasons for voting decision: Con was off-topic.
Vote Placed by 9spaceking 2 years ago
9spaceking
GodlyBeretOzzyheadTied
Reasons for voting decision: all of con's arguments were irrelevant. Massive straw-man.
Vote Placed by Pfalcon1318 2 years ago
Pfalcon1318
GodlyBeretOzzyheadTied
Reasons for voting decision: IN comments