Transcendentalist
MasturDbtor

Hope is a delusion created by man

Transcendentalist

Con

Hope was created by man in offer to absence he feeling of despair truly forgetting hope was just to give a false sense to one's endeavors or morale.
MasturDbtor

Pro

I have many examples of how this is not true.

I "hoped" to go on a vacation once not knowing whether it was going to happen or not and it did. I was not despairing over the possibility of not going on vacation. If it didn't happen I would've been like "oh well".

I "hoped" to "get lucky" before and got lucky. I wasn't despairing about the possibility that it wouldn't work out.

I hoped to get a video game one time and then they were all sold out but I wouldn't say I was despairing either before or after that minor disappointment.
Transcendentalist

Con

The examples you use are well evidenced to what I've stated if you hoped for something and the result of it was not being what you were hoping for is considered a let done or how you've stated was acceptance of the situation. When the fact that you easily accepted the outcome of what you hoped for not happening is the same as taking a loss but shrugging it off as way to say things happens. That is isn't hope that's just something you could live without, I speak of something dear or needed versus something you want like when you stated
I "hoped" to "get lucky" before and got lucky. I wasn't despairing about the possibility that it wouldn't work out vs. I hoped to get a video game. You can't despair over something you've never had and the chances are if you were lucky why would one despair over the possibility of it not working out it would've been the possibility of one never being lucky at all. The thing about "hope" is the odds of it really happening through commitment than fantasy
MasturDbtor

Pro

Con, who clearly should've said he was pro based on his initial message did not make that particular definition he just inserted in Round 2 clear.

Vote for Pro.