jamik10
ADHDavid

Horseback Riding Is a Sport

Started: 12/2/2015 Category: Sports

jamik10

Pro

Horseback Riding is a sport. I have done debates over this and have proven my case. Riders burn more calories in riding and even the chores involved in doing so than other sports that are considered to be extremely difficult. Horseback riders have also been shown to excel in not only riding, but other sports such as football, even if they don't technically play. I will save more reasons.
ADHDavid

Con

Hello, I will debate that Horseback Riding is not a sport, and in-fact is highly immoral and a horrendous act of animal cruelty that is equivalent to the holocaust in terms of morality.
jamik10

Pro

I would like to point out that many sports can be considered immoral, but are still played. How is that relevant? The holocaust was horrible, and horseback riding is not anywhere near that cruelty. It is not cruelty at all. Also, what is your experience in riding? Riders work hard and most horses enjoy the work they do. Many love it, and they are treated for the work afterward including treats, baths (if needed), grooming (cleaning), and the tack is cleaned to ensure the health of the horse. How it is not a sport, I would not know. Hours of hard work go into this sport, and injuries are so common, it is irrelevant if you hurt, you still ride. It makes you stronger. If the horse is injured, they aren't ridden. Claiming that the horse is abused by riding is a strong claim and you need to prove it in order for anyone to believe it. Riding is a common form of therapy for soldiers, autistic people, and regular people of all issues. Others ride because they love it. Human blood, sweat, and tears go into riding. Horses should not bleed in the sport, and if there is horse blood, the rider is not a sportsman (or sportswoman) at all. Riding is a sport just as much as football, baseball, soccer, lacrosse, and so many more.
ADHDavid

Con

ADHDavid forfeited this round.
jamik10

Pro

Riders work hard and if you watch a practice, the difficulty shows.
ADHDavid

Con

ADHDavid forfeited this round.
jamik10

Pro

I rest my case.
ADHDavid

Con

ADHDavid forfeited this round.
jamik10

Pro

jamik10 forfeited this round.
ADHDavid

Con

ADHDavid forfeited this round.