albertjr
clarasoph

Hot Cheetos are better than Takis.

Started: 3/7/2016 Category: Funny

albertjr

Pro

Hello! This is my first debate on this website.

My opponent will argue that Hot Cheetos are NOT better than Takis.

First round is acceptance. This is not meant to be professional, so don't feel obligated to write an essay ;)

Thank you and I hope to be able to debate on this topic!
clarasoph

Con

Takis are way better tsting than hot cheetos and have better flavor. The corn chips are healthier than the weird substance of cheetos.
albertjr

Pro

Obviously my opponent did not read what I wrote in my previous argument: "First round is acceptance."

However, I suppose I will start my argument as well as respond to her's.

1. *Hot Cheetos have less sodium than Takis.*
According to the Nutritional Labels on both chips, Hot Cheetos have about 250 mg of sodium while Takis has about 420 mg of sodium for the same serving size. Based on the information, Takis has almost twice the amount of sodium than Hot Cheetos.

2. *Hot Cheetos are more popular than Takis.*
Based on a Buzzfeed Poll taken by 27.8k people, about 63% of them favored Hot Cheetos more. Takis only got 37% of the votes. This shows how people recognize and enjoy Hot Cheetos more than they do with Takis.

3. *Hot Cheetos are more easily accessible than Takis.*
How often have you seen Hot Cheetos on the snack shelf, but not Takis? Takis are mainly found in gas stations yet Hot Cheetos are found in almost ALL grocery stores.

In response to my opponent's arguments:

She states, "Takis are way better tsting than hot cheetos and have better flavor."
First of all, she took little notice to her spelling and grammar mistakes. Next, she did not back up her argument that Takis have a better flavor. People have different opinions, especially on their taste of food.

She states, "The corn chips are healthier than the weird substance of cheetos."
For your information, Hot Cheetos are also made of corn, no just Takis. So she is literally saying that "the weird substance of cheetos" is the same in Takis. Also, she states that Takis are healthier, yet she has no evidence to back that up.

Citation: http://www.buzzfeed.com...

Thank you and I hope to continue debating with you!
clarasoph

Con

clarasoph forfeited this round.
albertjr

Pro

Unfortunately, my opponent has failed to respond to my arguments.

I choose to keep my earlier arguments. Vote AFF/PRO!
clarasoph

Con

clarasoph forfeited this round.