Hot weather VS Cold weather

I think cold weather is the better because, you don't have heat strokes, yeah you can get dehydrated but you are also more likely to no become dehydrated. If you think about it you are more likely to try to take care of yourself in winter, because the weather is harsher. In summer it is easier sometimes more fun depending on how you spend it. Like for example swimming, camping, time from school.
In winter you have snowboarding, sledding, snowball fights, building snowmen, Christmas. yes you are more likely to get sick, but you still get time off from school. Snow days and Christmas break.

Both are great ones to pick, I chose winter, mainly because my opponent chose summer before me. but it was a great opportunity to see what i could say about the season I dislike the most.

Please note: This is copy & pasted from my own work.
Argument 1: Human settlements

The Earth's poles (North Pole, South Pole) are very cold. They aren't permanently populated at all. The equator of the Earth is much hotter, and lands surrounding the equater are much more populated.

Argument 2: barbeque

If you were in a certain temperature extreme, you wouldn't want to eat something of the temperature extreme, right? You would do the opposite, as shown that hot chocolate is popular in the winter and ice cream or lemonade in the summer. But in summer there is an exception: Bareques. You would eat hot dogs and hamburgers in the summer at a barbecue. The contrary to this is not true: people eat cold food in the winter. I'm sure many voters will find it unusual to eat ice cream.

I will admit there are a few times in our lives where we did eat something cold in the winter. But this pales in comparison to the amount of barbecues in the summer.

That's it for now. I again thank Pro for this debate.

But also you have to think of the ecosystem to with the weather. If we didn't have winter a lot of the plants would die from heat unlike in the winter, where they are just frozen. also look at Alaska it is freezing there but yet people still live there.
also you do not have to worry about rabies in the winter as much (a deadly disease that humans can get also not just animals).
As a result of winter this is how it reduces the risk of rabies.
Come the winter, these survivors take off for hibernation roosts. Their metabolism slows to a crawl and their body temperatures drop. These cooler temperatures also slow the development of the rabies virus so it ends up hibernating along with its host.

A1: Settlements
Con brought up that a lot of people live in Alaska. Let's see how much.

About 736 thousand. It's the 48th most populated state. It's even behind Rhode Island, the smallest state. Clearly, most people don't like living there.

In the 5 regions of the US, the South is the most populated.

A2: Disease
Well, rabies isn't so life-threatening today. If you get a vaccine, you don't have to worry about it. But in the cold, there is a lot to worry about: Hypothermia, frostbite, trench foot, and chilblains are caused by exposure to cold weather. The main danger of hot weather, on the other hand, is just dehydration. It's easily avoidable by staying in the shade.

Actually also in summer you have a more likely chance of having a heat stroke to not just dehydration. Also rabies is still pretty fatal. if you think about it summer is apart of global warming. In summer your car is more likely to get overheated and you would be late for work.
Also in winter you are more than likely going to try to help your body stay healthy. than you would in summer. People's bodies work differently you are heavier set you can handle the cold better. Winter is a good break from the summer heat.

Website info
I have never been boating, camping or grilling during the summer without constantly being bit, swarmed and nagged by insects. You"re also dealing with ticks, fleas and wasps not only stinging you, but hitching a ride into the house from your pets.

The winter does not demand for you to endure its weather, however the summer does. If you"re hot, there are only so many layers of clothing that you can take off to cool down.

However, there is no limit to the amount of layers you can add during the winter to stay warm.

According to the U.S. Department of Justice"s NCVS study from 1993-2010, rape and sexual assaults are on average 10 percent lower in the winter than the summer.

R1: Danger and Negatives of Temperature Extremes
Okay, I forgot about heat stroke. Which is preventable by going into the shade. Which is something I mentioned last round.

Rabies again. There is a freaking vaccine you take. It even works after you were bit. Unless you refuse medical attention, you're going to live.

You claimed that "In summer your car is more likely to get overheated and you would be late for work". My defense? It's just one word: snow.

"People's bodies work differently you are heavier set you can handle the cold better". Please provide proof.

R2: Bugs
My defense is that disease is spread faster in the winter since people usually are at home. Also, all those activities you mentioned are nearly impossible to do in the winter because of the cold weather. As we can see, when the opportunity arises, people go do those thing.

R3: Clothing

As we see in this video, it gets increasing difficult to put on multiple layers. In the summer, I don't see people complaining they can't take off more clothes.

This debate is about hot and cold weather, not winter vs summer. While the two pairs blur lines often, Con has the BoP (Burden of Proof) to show that hot weather causes an increase of crime.
A2: Disease
Well, rabies isn't so life-threatening today:
Posted by selena16 11 months ago
you are wrong on the just stay in the shade to keep from being dehydrated. You also need to drink lots of water, your body needs to absorb nutrients. Also you need to have cooler climates around to keep cool. Like (water).
Posted by selena16 11 months ago
nope, go right ahead
Posted by Rami 11 months ago
Do you mind if I just copy & paste my argument from my debate from Yonko?