Hoverboards should not be banned/illegal in New York

Started: 12/4/2015 Category: Technology

Hoverboards ( The some-what new self-balancing electronic devices. *A picture will be provided below) should not be banned or illegal in New York.

For the first round just accept. You may also state your opinion.

* <---Hoverboard

i hate hipsters with their nose rings and hip travel doohickeys

Um, well, thank you for stating your opinion. Although, not all hipsters where nose rings and nose rings aren't fairly new. Nose piercings have been around since the time of Abraham in the book of Genesis.

Hoverboards ( The some-what new, "hipster", self-balancing electronic devices. *A link will be provided below) should not be banned or illegal in New York.

Code- Section 19-176.2 states a. For purposes of this section, the term "motorized scooter" shall mean any wheeled device that has handlebars that is designed to be stood or sat upon by the operator, is powered by an electric motor or by a gasoline motor that is capable of propelling the device without human power and is not capable of being registered with the New York State Department of Motor Vehicles. For the purposes of this section, the term motorized scooter shall not include wheelchairs or other mobility aids designed for use by disabled persons, electric powered devices not capable of exceeding fifteen miles per hour or "electric personal assistive mobility devices" defined as self-balancing, two non-tandem wheeled devices designed to transport one person by means of an electric propulsion system. b. No person shall operate a motorized scooter in the city of New York. c. Any person who violates subdivision b of this section shall be liable for a civil penalty in the amount of five hundred dollars.... - See more at:

This code states that "motorized scooters" as being "any two-wheeled device that has handlebars." It further explains "the term 'motorized scooter' shall not include electric powered devices not capable of exceeding fifteen miles per hour." If I am not mistaken, hoverboards does not meet the given criteria for it to now be banned/illegal.

* <--hoverboard. You should probably know what a hoverboard is before entering this debate anyways. :D

I would like to start by quoting my favorite book, 50 shades of gray.

"Oh my!

"We"re spending the night here. I"ve already let my parents know not to expect us back. You don"t have to worry about Chris."

Oh! The arrogance of his assumption doesn"t annoy me " instead it serves as proof of his thoughtfulness though, I worry about leaving with one man and coming home with another. I push the thought away, eager to indulge in a bit of Mr Grey.

"Thank you." I fling my arms around his neck, beyond ecstatic and smile at him, cramming every bit of joy I feel into it. This suite that I could hardly bear to enter into an hour ago has now become the perfect place for our reunion."

In the beginning of this passage, the narrator is clearly surprised, shown by their exclamation, "Oh my!" Now, what could surprise a thoughtful and godly narrator? It must be a hoverboard. So, hoverboards are probably pretty surprising.

On to Genesis.
In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. 2 Now the earth was formless and empty, darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was hovering over the waters.

3 And God said, "Let there be light," and there was light. 4 God saw that the light was good, and he separated the light from the darkness. 5 God called the light "day," and the darkness he called "night." And there was evening, and there was morning"the first day.

Now, did God create a hoverboard? NOOOOO. Believe it or not, hoverboards aren't mentioned once in all of Genesis. Accordingly, god hates hoverboards, and any good christian would. Don't get started with me on any of this sciency stuff because that stuff doesn't make any sense. Next thing I know, you'll probably say something ridiculous like climate change. Also, God is hovering. This shows that if God wants you to hover, you don't need a hoverboard.
Finally, some infinities are bigger than other infinities. (John Green says so). So, we can't jump to any conclusions
*drops mic*

LearnLiveLove forfeited this round.

C'mon jimbob
vote con
Posted by RaifWeaver 10 months ago
So you found a loophole in the law that means technically you should be able to ride this 'hoverboard' about. Just because it doesn't have handlebars, is electrically powered and is slower than fifteen miles an hour, doesn't mean it isn't a ridiculous, unnecessary, hipster doohickey that probably should be banned. I don't live in a place as busy as New York, but if I did people zooming past on segways when i'm trying to walk down the street would probably piss me off.

~Anyway walking's good for you stop being lazy. ;)
Posted by LearnLiveLove 10 months ago
Sorry, the link didn't work but I'm assuming you know what a hoverboard is anyways. :-)
Vote Placed by Sdio 10 months ago
Reasons for voting decision: Con is a funny guy but didn't really do anything.