Brabus
BLoyola

How I Met Your Mother is a better show than Friends?

Started: 8/29/2015 Category: TV

Brabus

Pro

Out of all the important issues discussed on this website there is one that trumps them all. It is obviously the most important question of all time... Which show is better. How I Met Your Mother or Friends. I will take the side that while friends is a good show, How I met Your mother is better. This debate will be an important one and therefore trolls will not be tolerated. And I swear to god if someone comes in and says Seinfeld is better than both I will have a fit. But I digress. I challenge someone to debate me on this cause why not. This debate is going to be legen wait for it.....
First round is accepting
Second round is opening arguments
third round is rebuttal
last round is closing statements.
..... Dairy.
Thanks good luck, and may the best show win.
BLoyola

Con

It all goes by what is a 'classic' and HIMYM hasn't reached that status yet, not even close. Friends has been translated into virtually every language accessible by internet to the modern world. Friends has not only been widely accessible, but it speaks to the people in other cultures. This show has TAUGHT other cultures about America. It has become an iconic piece of history that STILL is aired all over the world, continuing to transcend the barrier of time and bad nineties haircuts.

HIMYM cannot compare to that.

Friends was around pretty much at the birth of the concept of 'shipping', and I remember cheering when Monica and Chandler got together. It was a simple concept, whereas HIMYM is much more complicated leading to the humdrum 'reveal' at the end that was sure to disappoint everyone (and did).

There is no question about it. Friends is the clearly better and timeless show.
Brabus

Pro

Brabus forfeited this round.
BLoyola

Con

Sadly this round has been forfeited, so I'll see if I have anything to rebtt next time around.
Brabus

Pro

Brabus forfeited this round.
BLoyola

Con

BLoyola forfeited this round.
Brabus

Pro

Brabus forfeited this round.
BLoyola

Con

BLoyola forfeited this round.
Posted by Tumblrnatic 1 year ago
Tumblrnatic
Tbh I would do this but as I am related to Matthew perry I will decline
Posted by robertacollier 1 year ago
robertacollier
You're going to have a fit if someone says Seinfeld was better than Friends and Mother? Forget that. Reality TV is better than those two shows.