leojm
AnAsianPanda

How I almost Died.

leojm

leojm

Pro

This debate is about who has the most tragic way of almost dying. You have to be telling the truth. No lying. Have fun with this debate. There will only be two rounds, First round is acceptance, Then the second round is your story about how you almost died.
AnAsianPanda

Con

What do you mean about acceptance??? Does it mean like I have to do something to make me accept me? Well look I almost got killed 30-35 times (estimate) and I would love to tell you how I almost died! Now bring it on!
leojm

Pro

To my opponent, acceptance means you are going to debate me in this debate.
This debate will talk about how my opponent and I almost died. Enjoy this debate.

1. By Horse.
a. I once was training my horse to walk over a rope. Just to let you know my horse is totally terrified of ropes. So I was walking the horse across it, I looked at the horse and she was walking right over it, the next thing I knew her hind leg caught on the rope, she freaked out and started running towards the fence. I founded my leg wrapped around the rope. I was dragged through the fence, through mud, and I stopped after I ran into the tree. I broke my leg and my arm, my head was bleeding, and I had the worst rope burn you can ever have. The rope burn literally cut through my skin. I still can't walk properly. If it wan't for that tree i would have been sucked under the horse and trampled to death.

b. I was riding my horse on a nice sunny day. Then the next thing I knew, my horse was freaking out because there was a snake. It took off like a rocket. The horse swiped a three loosening the saddle. The saddle then went under the horse with me in it. I couldn't get off the horse because my foot was caught in the rope that was on my saddle. I got kicked in my head and I went unconscious. I can't remember anything after that.

c. I was riding a green horse. For those who don't know what a green horse is; it is a horse that is not trained at all or is barely trained. So anyways I was riding this horse, than for some odd reason I was dizzy and I lost my balance and i fell on the ground off my horse. My horse didn't realize what happened and ran like crazy. He did not realize i was on the ground in front of him, he trampled on my throat nearly killing me. If it wasn't for my friend I would have been dead.

2. Truck

a. I was going with my friends to go with our trucks and get stuck in the mud. Well we surely did get stuck in the mud. My friends told me it was my turn to go and push the truck. So I went behind the truck and was going to push, before I had a chance to move the truck went in reverse and ran over my leg. My friends felt a bump and ran to see what they ran over. They found me lying there motionless. My friends freaked out. Then one of them went into the truck and put it in drive to move it off of me. After the truck pulled forward, my friend came out and helped me up. By that time I was able to move. They helped me up and drove me to the hospital. I almost died there, If I was right behind the truck I would surely have been ran over and killed.

b. I was driving my Ford truck. Which is now in the grave yard, and all of a sudden my brakes stopped working. I totally freaked out. I thought at least I can steer. Than another thing happened, my steering wheel locked. I thought great I can't steer the truck and I have no brakes. I thought I was doomed. I looked up to heaven and said this is it, I'm a goner. My truck ended up going into a lake and was slowly sinking. I was drowning, I knew I was drowning because I could feel water filling my lungs. I couldn't get out of the truck because of all the pressure outside of the truck. I almost died there. If it wasn't for the neighbors who owned the pond I would never have been saved.

Summary;
My legs are healed, and I'm walking perfectly. My legs are in normal shape. My arms are healed and are really strong. My head is OK, there isn't any damage done to it, and My throat, well it still hurts time to time but it's nothing to worry about. I can still speak and you wouldn't be able to tell I had an injury.

Good luck my opponent, I'm looking forward to reading your accidents. :D
AnAsianPanda

Con

I am very sorry for your almost death experience, but mines may be worst so I'm gonna put in two of my very near death experience.

1. It was a lovely Sunday morning and I was going to go skydiving with tons of my friends. My best friend, Thomas, had bought a new small cargo plane which can go up to about 120 mph. We were flying over a hill in Texas and it was gigantic. It had a lot of trees around it and a little lake at it's foot. Helen, another friend, open the door and told all of us to jump in 10 seconds. After that we all jumped off the plane and into the sky. We dropped pretty far down and everyone pulled their parachutes. I was an amateur and it took sometime to find the parachute key. When I found it, I pulled it as fast as I could but nothing happened. This was when I got real scared and started falling towards the ground very fast. I learned from a friend to how to survive a fall, so I lifted both of my legs, heels out, and when you hit the ground you have to roll over. Luckily I landed in the tree, but the branches knocked the air out of me. I hit the ground and roll and finally stop. I laid on the ground, had bruises, two broken legs, a broken arm, and deep cuts in the chest, foot, and arm. I would have bled to death if it wasn't for Thomas's dad that helped me up and gone to the hospital

2. A friend and I were playing basketball and my Dad was mowing the lawn with his "Lawn Cutter." The saw cut through the grass as it was made out of thin paper. The score in the game was 10 (me) to 5 and I was about to slam dunk when all of a sudden something hit me in the stomach and I yelled very loudly. The saw from the "Lawn Cutter" had somehow unbolted from the machine and flew about 7-9 yards which hit me in the front. I fell down to the ground and blood spilled everywhere which made me unconscious and I blacked out. I woken up in the hospital, had lunch, and the doctor told me if the saw flew only to 1-4 yards, it would have killed me.

3. I don't remember a lot about this one I am going to type soon because it was a long time ago, but I will try. It was a hot day in summer and my whole family was suba diving in the reef and near a volcano that is inactive for about one hundred years. We were swimming in the ocean and looking at the beautiful corral until all of a sudden, something hit very hard in the back. My vision blurred with tears and I looked behind me. It was a huge shark that showed it teeth at me. The shark circled me twice before hitting me again, this time taking a bite at the foot or the thigh. Either way, blood spilled out and I cried because of the burning pain in my leg. The blood probably attracted other sharks because after three minutes of swimming away and trying to find safety, three sharks came and circled me. The small one headbutted me in the face which broke my nose. The huge one tried to eat me, but only managed to bite the air tank which all my precious air escaped. I could only hold my breath for one minute and 12 second before sucking in water because the mouth gear is full of salty water instead of air. At last I saw the boat and swam as fast as I can and I couldn't held my breath and longer. Then all of a sudden the excited find of the boat turn into my biggest nightmare ever. The shark that troyed my air pump, rammed into me that pushed me 10 feet away and I could hear my ribs break into pieces. The shark saw it opportunity and bit me at the chest. When I felt the teeth digged into me, thought I would have been killed until I saw a metal spear buried itself into the shark head and blooded poor out. The shark let go and dropped toward the ocean floor. I saw my Dad with the harpoon gun driving the boat towards me, but I blacked out because I ran out of air and I lost a lot of blood. This haunted me for the rest of my life and I wish I could afford more money to go to the hospital and fix some of my still injured bones, organs, and body part.

I wish you good luck! :)
Posted by AnAsianPanda 4 years ago
AnAsianPanda
I wish it could be on the news, but it isn't :(
Posted by CHOCOLATExPANDA 4 years ago
CHOCOLATExPANDA
There's not many shark attacks. All of them, to my knowledge, are recorded in detail. Location and all. Especially if some Jaws scene where dad saved his son with a harpoon gun by getting a one-shot-kill on a giant beast who is somehow sinking his teeth into a chest besides the fact that there's a giant metal tank system in it's way, it'd be in the news somewhere. I call BS on that story, looked it up, it's not there.
Posted by leojm 4 years ago
leojm
I know, they must have thought it wasn't that important. :/
Posted by Ragnar 4 years ago
Ragnar
Not even the local newspaper reporting it? That's lame of them.
Posted by AnAsianPanda 4 years ago
AnAsianPanda
I am sorry, but my near experience deaths aren't on the news for some reason. Yes I would like to see a helicopter picking me up to safety, but the area I was in wasn't really public. There was hospital, but a local one and it had only 3 rooms. And besides not "everything" in the world is told on the news.
Posted by leojm 4 years ago
leojm
Yeah, you can die in the army, and yeah, that would have been all over the news. So wheres proof? I said not to lie.
Posted by leojm 4 years ago
leojm
I train horses. It's my job. I earn a thousand dollars a week. Training horses. I'm not going to complain. I'm just going to suck it up and deal with it.
Posted by Ragnar 4 years ago
Ragnar
Con, please paste a link to a news article or something which verifies your parachute story. Surviving those falls is incredibly rare. Such should have been in the argument, but this once I'll accept it in the comments section.

BTW. I joined the army, that's how I almost died :)
Posted by leojm 4 years ago
leojm
you can post your argument now.
Posted by leojm 4 years ago
leojm
ok i will
Vote Placed by Ragnar 4 years ago
Ragnar
leojmAnAsianPandaTied
Reasons for voting decision: Conduct as I feel con broke a debate rule (see comments). Spelling to pro, as evidenced by the "????" and lots of shouting in the first round. Argument goes to the side I actually believe, as much as maybe she should stay away from horses.
Vote Placed by danielawesome12 4 years ago
danielawesome12
leojmAnAsianPandaTied
Reasons for voting decision: The whole skydiving story is unrealistic and unbelievable.
Vote Placed by utahjoker 4 years ago
utahjoker
leojmAnAsianPandaTied
Reasons for voting decision: Scary
Vote Placed by enclave101 4 years ago
enclave101
leojmAnAsianPandaTied
Reasons for voting decision: Con's experiences sounded horrible
Vote Placed by basketball 4 years ago
basketball
leojmAnAsianPandaTied
Reasons for voting decision: good argument
Vote Placed by proglib 4 years ago
proglib
leojmAnAsianPandaTied
Reasons for voting decision: That was fun. Pro's stories are more believable to me. This is pretty subjective, of course.