t82destroyer
lannan13

How can two guys sleep together

lannan13

t82destroyer

Con

Gays are against gods will
lannan13

Pro

I accept, burden of proof is on my opponent and he shall argue first.

Good luck.
t82destroyer

Con

t82destroyer forfeited this round.
lannan13

Pro

Genesis

Now before we look at Genesis 2:21-24 and automatically condemn Gay Marriage let's take one more look at it. It states that Eve came from the rib of Adam so that the man shall leave his parents and find women. This doesn't mean that a man has to marry a women, but actually fallows Plato's theory of androgyne. (http://www.reconnections.net...) Escentially it is that the man leaves his parents to go out and to look for their other half. Now this means that the person can look for a male or female. It matters not their sexuality as long as it they find their other half. This is a methaor throughout the Bible.

Now many CHristians believe that men and women are meant to have sex and that anything else would be against God's will, but that is simply not so. Why's that you may ask? Well let's look further in the Book of Genesis and observe Lot and his wife. In Genesis 16 Lot's wife ask's him to find another wife to impregnate as she is barren. In Genesis 25, he marries Hagar and Katurah whom of which the Bible describes her as being concubine. Now what that means is that the person is polygamous, but they have a status lesser than that of a wife. So we can see that God permitted Lot to enter a Polygamous marriage with now 3 wives. The Bible shows here that it cannot be true about what Pro is saying in terms of Furtality as Lot maintains his marriage to his first wife even if she is infertile.

Sodom

Now let's observe Sodom and the acts of Sodomy.

They called to Lot, "Where are the men who came to you tonight? Bring them out to us so that we can have sex with them. Genesis 19:5

Look, I have two daughters who have never slept with a man. Let me bring them out to you, and you can do what you like with them. But don't do anything to these men, for they have come under the protection of my roof." Genesis 19:8

Now one immidately rushes to say, "Ha, there, that condems it," but once again that is incorrect. Sodomy was orginially a sexual act of anal and/or oral sex between two people. This happens between heterosexual couples on an everday basis. it's wasn't until the Mid Evil times that the Christian and Jewish communities used this to attack homosexual couples due to the Pagan acceptance of homosexuality during this time.

"Be not forgetful to entertain strangers: for thereby some have entertained angels unawares." [Heb. 13:2]

The Bible actually uses Lot's story to show that one must entertain guests and treat them well. That not doing so is a violation. Sodom is actually rementioned in the New Testiment in the Book of Ezekiel.

"Saith the Lord GOD...Behold, this was the iniquity of ... Sodom, pride, fulness of bread, and abundance of idleness ... neither did she strengthen the hand of the poor and needy. And they were haughty and committed abomination before me: therefore I took them away as I saw good". - Ezekiel 16:48-50

Now look closely and we can see that the abomination is idol worshipping and human sacrafice, not homosexual acts. The society of Sodom was known for its materialistic and uncharitable nature. There is a story in the BIble when a starving man is coated in honey only to be stung to death by bees.

Leviticus

Now this is the greatest part in the BIble that "condems" homosexuality to say that they must be stone to death. (Leviticus 20:13) What people don't know is that during this time there was a great number of Pagans living in the Palestine area. These Pagan Priests were called Kedoshim. What they would do in their practices is cross dress and take on the role of a female. They would even casterate themselves, but where it get's to the highest relivence is during the holy rites they would do anal sex. (http://www.hebcal.com...)Leviticu's condeming this practice was not condeming homosexuality, but actually this Pagan religion. It was later misinterperated for the condeming of homosexuality. Leviticus also bans a long list of other things depicted bellow.

Throughout the BIble Canaa is give bad name and it is because of the Israelites invasion of the area which was controlled by the Canaanites. (Rendsburg, Gary (2008). "Israel without the Bible". In Frederick E. Greenspahn. The Hebrew Bible: new insights and scholarship. NYU Press) The Canaanites were polytheistic and practiced this religion and the Israelites tried to condemn the religion by outlawing their Priests practices in Leviticus 20:13. So many CHristias are thus incorrect with their interpertations here as they provides no evidence stating that what I claim is flase, but since he didn't you can extend my arguments across the board.

I know that we aren't debating about what was on the chalkboard, but this goes to show you that it's rediculous if you are saying that Gay Marriage is sinful without saying that these other things aren't also against God's will.

Let's observe these verses in Hebrew.

Ve’et zachar lo tishkav mishkevey ishah to’evah hi.

Ve’ish asher yishkav et-zachar mishkevey ishah to’evah asu shneyhem mot yumatu dmeyhem bam.

Now let's translate to English.

18:22 And as to the masculine, don’t lay on the sex-bed, it is a to’evah.

20:13 And one who lays with the masculine on the sex-bed, the two of them do a to’evah; they shall surely die, their blood is in them.

Now in the Bible there are a total of 166 references to to'evah. It means wicked man. This was not referencing gay marriage nor gay sex it was referencing the religious rites of the Canaanite Priests.

Romans

In the passage Paul is being questioned about Gentile idoltry, once again refering to the Kedoshim, and turning around and after the Jews agrees that the Gentiles are guilty Paul states this.

You, therefore, have no excuse, you who pass judgment on someone else, for at whatever point you judge another, you are condemning yourself, because you who pass judgment do the same things.- Romans 2:1

Here we can see that he also attacks the Jews for doing the same thing. It is determined that the Pagans in Rome worshiped the Pagan God of Cyblee, or also known as the Protectoress of Rome. For in Romans 3:23 he sums up his speech stating that all who have worshiped this idol have sinned. Gentile, Pagan, or Jew.

for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God- Romans 3:23

Leviticus 18:23-25 refur to Bestiality not gay marriage. let me give you Leviticus 18:23 to show you exactly what I mean by it has nothing to do with Gay Marriage.

"'Do not have sexual relations with an animal and defile yourself with it. A woman must not present herself to an animal to have sexual relations with it; that is a perversion."- Lev 18:23

As you can see this has to do with bestiality not gay marriage.

With that, I'll pass things back off to Pro.

t82destroyer

Con

t82destroyer forfeited this round.
lannan13

Pro

All points extended.

Please vote Pro.
Posted by lannan13 2 years ago
lannan13
Secondly, you are suppose to read the Bible and study it. Not just take in every word that the Priest/preacher says otherwise you are just following a preacher and not God. You must do your own research,
Posted by lannan13 2 years ago
lannan13
I'm Christian because I believe in God and that he sent Jesus to die for our sins. That's enough to warrant being a Christian.
Posted by Ragnar 2 years ago
Ragnar
4 hours left, I bet con is doing some very hands on research.
Posted by taburkasaurusrex 2 years ago
taburkasaurusrex
Lannan13 on your profile it is listed as "Christian- Anglican" how can you believe in God if you don't believe his word? And how can you refute Gods word? And if you can then please do so. I would love to see you refute every single one of those verses.
Posted by lannan13 2 years ago
lannan13
I can refute all of those lines taburkasaurusrex.
Posted by taburkasaurusrex 2 years ago
taburkasaurusrex
Finalfan like I said in previous comments, I'm neither for nor against this debate as I believe it's between the person and their God..
Posted by Finalfan 2 years ago
Finalfan
"just because Jesus said he replaced the Old Testament, doesn't mean to not live by it."-taburkasaur

Maybe but do you notice how good you have it as a Christian today? Before the new testament came to be, the rules for entering heaven made it mostly impossible to be saved. It was obvious that no one could live up to Jesus. Unless you were exactly like him (minus being a deity) You were not invited into the kingdom with God! It was pretty lonely up there so he came up with the WORST PLAN EVER! "Judge them by there gullibility"! Those who could not understand the need for a savior shall endure eternal suffering regardless of who they were as a person!
Posted by taburkasaurusrex 2 years ago
taburkasaurusrex
Whoa there. Slow down. Give this guy a break, he said earlier in the comments that he agrees it is their opinion. And lannan13 take a look at this website. I do believe you will learn that you, sir, are very incorrect about the bible not saying anything about gays in the New Testament. and just because Jesus said he replaced the Old Testament, doesn't mean to not live by it.

http://www.openbible.info...
Posted by Finalfan 2 years ago
Finalfan
I'm a defender of gay rights. Not one person on this planet should have real authority to tell anyone who to sleep with or marry long as they are both consenting adults! This has not changed however... I just watched about 2 minutes of Ru Paul's show!! & seasons of puke in my mouth WTH! This does not help support my opinion towards gay men let alone the human race... 7 SEASONS???!!!! It is the most obnoxious circus freak show that apparently people can't stop watching! Like I said.. I can't tell anyone what to do (Aside from being a danger to themselves or others) But this crap should even be offensive to the LGBT community, offensive to women and most certainly a bold move in the wrong direction for supporting their cause! But again 7 seasons means I have been out of that loop (thank God) but I judge a person by their behavior not who they are. If that is truly who these people are then I must express my disappointment with the intolerable actions that could be a thorn in the side of the rights of gay people everywhere!
Posted by lannan13 2 years ago
lannan13
Many people try to justify it by using religion until they realize that they're wrong like my opponent here.
Vote Placed by Zarroette 2 years ago
Zarroette
t82destroyerlannan13Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Forfeiture
Vote Placed by Ragnar 2 years ago
Ragnar
t82destroyerlannan13Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Forfeit, and no contest. Con even posted in the comments when his arguments were due, apparently he could think of no reasons against the resolution he chose. Pro used the books of the bible to great effect as a source. Finally S&G for zero punctuation, plural instead of singular...
Vote Placed by dsjpk5 2 years ago
dsjpk5
t82destroyerlannan13Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Ff. Only Pro had sources.
Vote Placed by ResponsiblyIrresponsible 2 years ago
ResponsiblyIrresponsible
t82destroyerlannan13Tied
Reasons for voting decision: FF.