Beam109
Dr.ReaperMan

How can we solve racism?

Dr.ReaperMan

Beam109

Con

This is a debate about that can we solve racism
Dr.ReaperMan

Pro

I accept your debate
Beam109

Con

Beam109 forfeited this round.
Dr.ReaperMan

Pro

How can we solve racism? There is no way to 100% solve it because we live in an impure world, but there is ways to improve it and lower it's standing in the world today. I am a white guy, living in the UK who is in an interracial relationship with a Black girl who lives in the US. Talking about Racism with her is slightly odd, because here in the UK, we have almost no public racism and when we do it is crushed under our justice system, because being publicly racist is illegal. This means, however, that many white people here are quite comfortable to call someone black. And black people are quite comfortable to call people white because that is what we are, different in skin colour but equal and because we understand that, and its accepted by 95% of the population, it's considered okay.

In the US it is slightly different, people in the US of black ethnicity prefer to be called African American rather than black. I found this out when my girlfriend told me politely not to call her black American but African American. I found this difficult to understand, because the culture here is different to the US. Much to her amusement, I felt extremely bad, like I had done the worst thing possible.

The point I'm making is this: the UK used to be a hugely racist country, and influenced the US in being Racist too. But compare the UK now to what it was then, the change is so significant you could almost argue that racism has been irradicated. The US is slowly getting better, but racism is still prominent. It proves that it is plausible for a country to change its attitudes to race and, while it's impossible to crush racism completely, it is possible to reduce it to such a level as to make it rare, deviant and socialy and legally unacceptable.

It is plausible to reduce racism in a country but it is impossible to solve it completely because people will always be people.
Beam109

Con

Beam109 forfeited this round.
Dr.ReaperMan

Pro

There really isn't much more to say. Racism is a huge imperfection in our lives as humans, and it can never be sorted fully but it can be reduced.
Posted by whiteflame 1 year ago
whiteflame
*shrug* I guess it's because this particular voter posted quite a few RFDs along similar lines to this that were on debates that actually had some substance. Guessing they went to his profile, went through all the votes he cast, and reported them all. Been receiving a lot of those recently.
Posted by Ragnar 1 year ago
Ragnar
Why would anyone report that vote? It's deeper than one side's entire case.
Posted by whiteflame 1 year ago
whiteflame
*******************************************************************
>Reported vote: Everything// Mod action: NOT Removed<

4 points to Pro (Conduct, Arguments). Reasons for voting decision: con gave up

[*Reason for non-removal*] Votes on full forfeit debates do not get moderated unless they give more points to the forfeiting side.
************************************************************************
Posted by thewiseguy1 1 year ago
thewiseguy1
It can be done yes.... To explain in detail would take a post too big to insert. The idea i designed myself...

It involves education the stemcell of positive correct new world. Isolation. Laws. Etc...

Its called utopia.... It can be done here on earth but would take 1000s of years to devolop and old world to die out. New world to take over.

Peace. Eqaulity. Happiness. Love.
Posted by ViceRegent 1 year ago
ViceRegent
We need to stop teaching the evolution nonsense and get the government out of race-conscious decisions and laws.
Posted by canis 1 year ago
canis
Does racism exist ? I know cultureism excist. And always will.
Posted by Ragnar 1 year ago
Ragnar
Of course we can, it's just a matter of deploying the nuke enough times.
Vote Placed by famousdebater 1 year ago
famousdebater
Beam109Dr.ReaperManTied
Reasons for voting decision: The resolution was phrased as a question with no clear position for either Pro or Con meaning that they had equal burdens. Since Con provided no substance or rebuttals whereas Pro actually provided a case I vote Pro because he is the only person to argue or even participate.
Vote Placed by Everything 1 year ago
Everything
Beam109Dr.ReaperManTied
Reasons for voting decision: con gave up