Dr.Evil39
Coolguy11

How can we trust the bible since humans wrote it and have altered it many times?

Dr.Evil39 has forfeited round #2.

Dr.Evil39

Con

I have always wished to believe in God and the bibles teachings but just cannot because it was written by humans and humans lie, embellish and manipulate.
Coolguy11

Pro

Personally, I do not believe in the Bible but I understand where religious people are coming from. I think the reason people can trust the Bible is the same reason they can trust any other document. The constitution, for example, was also written by humans and has been amended dozens of times, can you trust that?
Posted by 21MolonLabe 7 months ago
21MolonLabe
Instead of attempting to sound smart by being sarcastic, how about you actually make an argument.
Posted by Nudely 7 months ago
Nudely
Thomas Paine pointed out in his wonderful tract "Age of Reason," that while Christianity may be sold to us as a 'revealed' religion, it is in truth, only hearsay. It may have been revealed to the first person, Moses, say, but after that it only became hearsay.

I love 21MolonLabe's pearl of wisdom... truly made stopping here a worthwhile endeavor.
Posted by 21MolonLabe 7 months ago
21MolonLabe
If you discount the Bible as true "because it was written by humans and humans lie, embellish and manipulate." Then I've got some bad news for you, because everything that you have ever read has been written by humans