Rich_Ruiz
draxxt

How can you consider yourself Anarchist ? if your a christian

Rich_Ruiz

Pro

hello draxxt i was wondering if we could debate this topic? what do you say bro?
Dont take this the wrong way i am just wondering ?
draxxt

Con

This one is simple enough. But before I begin, I would like to thank my opponent for being so casual. "Bro" is something very few people call me...

Merriam-Webster defines anarchy as: "absence of government b: a state of lawlessness or political disorder due to the absence of governmental authority c: a utopian society of individuals who enjoy complete freedom without government"

This is the text in which I use it. I am a socio-Anarchist.

I am a Christian, yes, which means I abide by predetermined morals (As I've always said are subjective) and therefore, have no government in use whatsoever.

That should clear things up. Please, make your rebuttal swiftly, I have very little time on the computers lately.

Thanks,
-EG
(By the by, this is not a resolution. To debate this under our current positions, we must say "Draxxt is not an Anarchist if he is a Christian" or "Draxxt is not a Christian if he is an Anarchist." Either resolution would be suitable.)
Rich_Ruiz

Pro

sorry finals week right now kinda crazy!

draxxt: This is the text in which I use it. I am a socio-Anarchist.

first if you are refering to the bible in which that is
where you get your predetermined morals ? romans ch 13 paul talks about obeying and submiting to the goverment because God has asked of that .

Everyone must submit to governing authorities. For all authority comes from God, and those in positions of authority have been placed there by God.
2 So anyone who rebels against authority is rebelling against what God has instituted, and they will be punished.
3 For the authorities do not strike fear in people who are doing right, but in those who are doing wrong. Would you like to live without fear of the authorities? Do what is right, and they will honor you.
4 The authorities are God's servants, sent for your good. But if you are doing wrong, of course you should be afraid, for they have the power to punish you. They are God's servants, sent for the very purpose of punishing those who do what is wrong.
5 So you must submit to them, not only to avoid punishment, but also to keep a clear conscience.
6 Pay your taxes, too, for these same reasons. For government workers need to be paid. They are serving God in what they do.
7 Give to everyone what you owe them: Pay your taxes and government fees to those who collect them, and give respect and honor to those who are in authority.

Civil government is a "minister of God for the good." It is a not a minister of God for evil. Civil authorites have a divine duty to "execute wrath upon him that do evil." They have no authority to execute wrath upon him that do good.
draxxt

Con

"first if you are refering to the bible in which that is
where you get your predetermined morals ? romans ch 13 paul talks about obeying and submiting to the goverment because God has asked of that"

Yes, but two things must be considered:

God is the authority above all authority, therefore I follow his commands before the law. If they conflict, I follow the Lord's commands.

2) If there were no law,I would not, as a Christian, have to abide by it.

"Everyone must submit to governing authorities. For all authority comes from God, and those in positions of authority have been placed there by God."

No, the only authority is God. He is not tampering with free will, therefore he is not placing authority figures unless they attribute to his plan. He does not appoint everything, merely oversees so as not to overthrow the free will he has given us.

"2 So anyone who rebels against authority is rebelling against what God has instituted, and they will be punished. "

See previous statement.

"For the authorities do not strike fear in people who are doing right, but in those who are doing wrong. Would you like to live without fear of the authorities? Do what is right, and they will honor you."

If there were no authority, I would not fear those who have the power to use that authority on me because such people would not exist.

"The authorities are God's servants, sent for your good. But if you are doing wrong, of course you should be afraid, for they have the power to punish you. They are God's servants, sent for the very purpose of punishing those who do what is wrong.
5 So you must submit to them, not only to avoid punishment, but also to keep a clear conscience."
No, I must submit to God. I only fear His judgement. Man can only do so much, God can damn me to eternal fires. I submit to God and god alone.

"6 Pay your taxes, too, for these same reasons. For government workers need to be paid. They are serving God in what they do. "

If there were no government, there would be no need for taxes. Jesus says to "Pay Cesar (The authority at that time) what is his."

If there were no authority, we would not need to pay anyone unless we owed them that.

"Give to everyone what you owe them: Pay your taxes and government fees to those who collect them, and give respect and honor to those who are in authority."

This debate is not about what you should do for and to the government, it's whether or not I could be an Anarchist and a Christian. I propose that I am, in esscence, both. You merely tried to bring up Biblical truths that suggest "IF there were a government" not "There is a government."

"
Civil government is a "minister of God for the good." It is a not a minister of God for evil. Civil authorites have a divine duty to "execute wrath upon him that do evil." They have no authority to execute wrath upon him that do good."

You can do good within an Anarchy. I will still have my Christian morals and will still attempt to be a good Samaritan. One may be a killer, though if resolved within the people, not the institutes, we might have a better system than if an applied system were in place.

I propose to you, judges, that I am an Anarchist and a Christian. That and the above reasons and refutations above is why I urge you to vote CON. Thank you and God Bless.

-EG
Rich_Ruiz

Pro

Rich_Ruiz forfeited this round.
draxxt

Con

Well... As I am not creating any more arguments, judge based on merit, not based on the forfeit. My opponent had finals and that was detrimental to his case. But, as I am not doing anything but extending all of my previous arguments, you vote for who won.

Incidentally, I still urge you to vote CON. In fact, I see voting CON as the only logical choice in this debate. Good luck to my opponent and thank you again for challenging me to this debate.

Thanks,
-EG
Posted by chaos-king 8 years ago
chaos-king
i am a sort of an anarchist and i want to add this.
an anarchist is someone who is free of government, a government is a rule by man. To be disobidient to man is what a christian's way. We only obey God's rules and that isn't a government or law. I wanted to add that.
Posted by flor 9 years ago
flor
Good job draxxt you know how to write a reso!
Posted by draxxt 9 years ago
draxxt
Please see previous statement. I know you will most likely respond but it's cutting it awfully close and honestly, I can't get on as often as I'd like. Thanks and good luck.
Posted by Rich_Ruiz 9 years ago
Rich_Ruiz
hey sorry man about taking so long i have alot of finals poli sci, sociology, psychology,bio so yeah man sorry
Posted by draxxt 9 years ago
draxxt
And I can't believe it took me two days to notise but... the "you're" is mispelled.

Thanks and please respond. If you cannot or need me to skip a round so you can have time to respond, I will do so. Please, just don't time out.
Posted by draxxt 9 years ago
draxxt
Plus, the question mark is in the wrong place...
Vote Placed by jjmd280 8 years ago
jjmd280
Rich_RuizdraxxtTied
Vote Placed by johnnyrockit 8 years ago
johnnyrockit
Rich_RuizdraxxtTied
Vote Placed by draxxt 8 years ago
draxxt
Rich_RuizdraxxtTied
Vote Placed by Umasi93 9 years ago
Umasi93
Rich_RuizdraxxtTied
Vote Placed by JakeRoss 9 years ago
JakeRoss
Rich_RuizdraxxtTied
Vote Placed by bexy_kelly 9 years ago
bexy_kelly
Rich_RuizdraxxtTied
Vote Placed by cooljpk 9 years ago
cooljpk
Rich_RuizdraxxtTied
Vote Placed by Rich_Ruiz 9 years ago
Rich_Ruiz
Rich_RuizdraxxtTied
Vote Placed by liberalconservative 9 years ago
liberalconservative
Rich_RuizdraxxtTied
Vote Placed by brian_eggleston 9 years ago
brian_eggleston
Rich_RuizdraxxtTied