ViceRegent
ViceRegent2

How do atheists raiionally know truth from fiction?

ViceRegent has forfeited round #2.
Updated: 1 year ago Status: Debating Period

ViceRegent

Con

IF YOU ARE UNABLE OR UNWILLING TO READ THIS WHOLE POST AND THEN RESPOND TO THE SINGLE QUESTION IT ASKS, GO AWAY. I FIND IT HILARIOUS THAT THESE ATHEISTS KEEP VOMITING WORDS AND YET NOT ONE HAS ANSWERED MY Q.

Atheists love to live under the delusion that they are the guardians of rationality. But how can they hold this title when they cannot even articulate a rational way to know truth from fiction. If they cannot do this, they are literally ignorant and the ignorant cannot guard anything. SO, BY WHAT METHOD DOES ANY ATHEIST CLAIM TO RATIONALLY KNOW TRUTH FROM FICTION?

Answering this question is the sole purpose for this debate. I have even put it in capital letters for those to dense to get it. If you are unable or unwilling to answer this question, do not respond to this debate. Likewise, if you do not believe in reality, believe you make it up or deny it is objective or knowable, or if you do not know how to rationally know truth from fiction, do not respond to this debate. If you are terrified of cross-examination or madly in love with red herrings, do not respond to this debate. If you have responded before, do not respond to this debate. After all, if you had nothing rational to say then, you will having nothing rational to say now.

If all you have is "science", do not respond to this debate, for science relies on the your senses and reason, which begs the question of how you know your senses and reason are valid. Perhaps you can tell me, which is fine, but if the way you validate you senses and reason is with your senses and reason, you lose the debate because that is circular reasoning and circular reasoning is not rational.

if you respond in violation of these rules, you automatically lose the debate. But I do appreciate all of the losers who respond and confirm my view that atheists are anti-intellectual and mentally ill
ViceRegent2

Pro

Go re-post this debate.
Posted by PsionicTurtle 1 year ago
PsionicTurtle
Atheists use logic... you know, using the knowledge you have and know to be true to figure out other things. Like how there is no magic sky man who magically impregnated a woman without her consent, then decided to kill the child after a while. Why? He felt like it. This is an illogical story and therefore is not true. Another example is all of the immoral and contradictory texts in the Bible.

You talk about how we can know truth from fiction using our senses, but that is all humans have. We are basically brains in a container, with a sensory system. Also, why would the person who believes in a magic sky man be correct on following their senses, since this "begs the question of how [they] know [their] senses and reason are valid" when their assumptions are illogical?

Also, how do you have a lower win rate than vi_spex? He only posts troll debates or doesn't spend any time on his debates. He at least wins about 1/5 debates.
Posted by imjustsomeopinion 1 year ago
imjustsomeopinion
< I FIND IT HILARIOUS THAT THESE ATHEISTS KEEP VOMITING WORDS AND YET NOT ONE HAS ANSWERED MY Q.>

@viceregent, we have answered it time and time again, you're just too stubborn and ignorant to accept you've been bested so many times. in case you haven't noticed you have a 13% win ratio with only 16 wins, only 7 of those wins are on this debate(which you repeatedly post) and all of those wins come from, better conduct(people forfeiting for no reason or plagiarizing) or just having someone being silly and not answering the question at all. on the other hand you have 101 losses and 59 of those are from this debate. In case you couldn't do the math that is more than half your losses right there. Also 21 out of your 53 ties are this debate meaning no one bothered to vote. The results are in your face telling you you're wrong and you just can't accept it. So I find it hilarious how you can't get it through your head that your wrong on this one.
Posted by canis 1 year ago
canis
But there is no lie..Only nothing in this case. Nothing about nothing.
http://www.debate.org...
Posted by canis 1 year ago
canis
It only about repetition..Repetition is truth...Or the consolidation of a lie...
http://www.debate.org...
Posted by vi_spex 1 year ago
vi_spex
theism=a theism
Posted by cyber_onions 1 year ago
cyber_onions
I think the pervasive idea that atheism is linked to rationality is flawed. Atheism is simply the perspective that nothing supernatural exists beyond the material world, the belief that there are no gods. This in itself does not make atheists rational.
(I am not disagreeing with your argument here, just commenting...)
Posted by CosmoJarvis 1 year ago
CosmoJarvis
F YOU ARE UNABLE OR UNWILLING TO READ THIS WHOLE POST AND THEN RESPOND TO THE SINGLE QUESTION IT ASKS, GO AWAY. I FiND IT HILARIOUS THAT THESE ATHEISTS KEEP VOMITING WORDS AND YET NOT ONE HAS ANSWERED MY Q. F YOU ARE UNABLE OR UNWILLING TO READ THIS WHOLE POST AND THEN RESPOND TO THE SINGLE QUESTION IT ASKS, GO AWAY. I FIND IT HILARIOUS THAT THESE ATHEISTS KEEP VOMITING WORDS AND YET NOT ONE HAS ANSWERED MY Q.F YOU ARE UNABLE OR UNWILLING TO READ THIS WHOLE POST AND THEN RESPOND TO THE SINGLE QUESTION IT ASKS, GO AWAY. I FIND IT HILARIOUS THAT THESE ATHEISTS KEEP VOMITING WORDS AND YET NOT ONE HAS ANSWERED MY Q.F YOU ARE UNABLE OR UNWILLING TO READ THIS WHOLE POST AND THEN RESPOND TO THE SINGLE QUESTION IT ASKS, GO AWAY. I FIND IT HILARIOUS THAT THESE ATHEISTS KEEP VOMITING WORDS AND YET NOT ONE HAS ANSWERED MY Q.F YOU ARE UNABLE OR UNWILLING TO READ THIS WHOLE POST AND THEN RESPOND TO THE SINGLE QUESTION IT ASKS, GO AWAY. I FIND IT HILARIOUS THAT THESE ATHEISTS KEEP VOMITING WORDS AND YET NOT ONE HAS ANSWERED MY Q.F YOU ARE UNABLE OR UNWILLING TO READ THIS WHOLE POST AND THEN RESPOND TO THE SINGLE QUESTION IT ASKS, GO AWAY. I FIND IT HILARIOUS THAT THESE ATHEISTS KEEP VOMITING WORDS AND YET NOT ONE HAS ANSWERED MY Q.F YOU ARE UNABLE OR UNWILLING TO READ THIS WHOLE POST AND THEN RESPOND TO THE SINGLE QUESTION IT ASKS, GO AWAY. I FIND IT HILARIOUS THAT THESE ATHEISTS KEEP VOMITING WORDS AND YET NOT ONE HAS ANSWERED MY Q.F YOU ARE UNABLE OR UNWILLING TO READ THIS WHOLE POST AND THEN RESPOND TO THE SINGLE QUESTION IT ASKS, GO AWAY. I FIND IT HILARIOUS THAT THESE ATHEISTS KEEP VOMITING WORDS AND YET NOT ONE HAS ANSWERED MY Q.F YOU ARE UNABLE OR UNWILLING TO READ THIS WHOLE POST AND THEN RESPOND TO THE SINGLE QUESTION IT ASKS, GO AWAY. I FIND IT HILARIOUS THAT THESE ATHEISTS KEEP VOMITING WORDS AND YET NOT ONE HAS ANSWERED MY Q.