ViceRegent
hjhuwei

How do atheists ratiionally know truth from fiction?

hjhuwei

ViceRegent

Con

If God does not exist, then knowledge is not possible. Atheists would disagree. So, I ask a very simple day-1 question about atheist epistemology. How does an atheist rationally know if anything they hold to be true is actually true and not fiction?
hjhuwei

Pro

Atheism proves nothing, just like other religions prove nothing. We believe in things, but its not backed up by science. Just like every other religion in the world. You could consider atheism just another type of religion. Only that we don't believe in a superior being.

Simple Answer: We Don't...
But if I was forced to give an answer, I would say this. Ok, so the biggest question is why is there something instead of nothing? Religious people would say that god created world, but then... where did god come from? Did he just appear? Why was there god instead of nothing? Does god also have another god? Is this a never ending loop? From what I can tell it is. Multiple inconsistencies with religion just make us "rationally" conclude our beliefs.
ViceRegent

Con

And this, folks, is why no rational person would ever be an atheist. This dude just admitted that he knows that he has no rational way of know truth from fiction. For bonus points, can you spot the contradiction? But at least he admits he knows nothing.
hjhuwei

Pro

Ok then, I admitted that atheism have no rational way of knowing truth from fiction. But religion does? Please elaborate...
ViceRegent

Con

The debate is over. You have conceded the issue. And why asking how I do when you have no way of knowing whether what I say is true or not. Before I waste my time teaching you the truth, you to repent of holding a view that makes truth unknowable.
hjhuwei

Pro

Your round 3 argument seems like a jumble of words formatted together to make me seem like the knowledgeable. But in reality your just as ignorant. Religion also has no way of knowing truth from fiction... and your criticizing atheism for the exact same flaw that religion has? How about you waste your time and tell me the truth, and if I deem that truth good enough I will turn away from atheism?
ViceRegent

Con

This dude is hilarious. He says that he has no way of knowing truth from fiction but then makes a whole bunch of truth claims that he sincerely expects me to take seriously. God is right, atheists are unreasoning animals.
hjhuwei

Pro

Looks like all reason is out of the window, your just trying to resist answering my question... because you secretly know I am right. But if you really don't, then give me a damn answer, how does religion prove that there is a god? To all the religious people who are reading this, there might be god (I'm agnostic, leaning towards atheism). But my opponent, for the past 2 arguments has failed to explain how his side is better. Do you really think that he should win this debate using ignorance and denial?
Give. Me. A. Reason.
"God is right" is not a valid reason
ViceRegent

Con

Yes, atheism makes rationality meaningless, which is why rational people reject it. And the point of this debate is for you to tell me how atheists know truth from fiction. You failed by admitting you know nothing. There is nothing left for me to say. You lost the debate.
hjhuwei

Pro

So... you've been saying that I've lost for the past 3 arguments and still not answering my question... How do YOU know truth from fiction... We will see what everyone else think

I would like to say it has been a pleasure debating with you, but that would be a lie.
Posted by squonk 1 year ago
squonk
The truth is that your argument is stupid, ViceRegent. It's really stupid. That's why Christian apologists never use this argument when they debate atheists. That's why you never win these debates. Even though there are plenty of Christians on this site, nobody is willing to vote in your favour. That should tell you something about the quality of your argument & conduct.
Posted by ViceRegent 1 year ago
ViceRegent
Actually, truth decided the winner. What fools say is of no consequence.
Posted by mostlogical 1 year ago
mostlogical
# Con - voters decide the winner
Posted by ViceRegent 1 year ago
ViceRegent
Matt is so delusional, he pretends to speak for his dog.

Matt, do you and your dog have long philosophical conversations together? If so, that would explain you beliefs.
Posted by FaustianJustice 1 year ago
FaustianJustice
"The debate is over. You have conceded the issue." --- up next, Con's BOP....
Posted by canis 1 year ago
canis
Atheist = atheist. Theist = atheist + illusion. Theist - illusion = atheist. So it is impossible for a theist to say or think anything about atheist, that is not true for the theist her self. The atheist on the other hand can say or think anything about theist, that is not true for the atheist.
So to the question. " how do atheist rationally know truth from fiction ? "...Same way as theist - illusion..
Posted by squonk 1 year ago
squonk
"How does an atheist rationally know if anything they hold to be true is actually true and not fiction?"

Science.
Posted by missmedic 1 year ago
missmedic
The great thing about being delusional, is that you don't know that your delusional.
Posted by matt8800 1 year ago
matt8800
How does a religious person know reality from delusion?

My dog is not religious yet he knows that he eats twice a day. Is he delusional?

Would any religion suffice to know reality from delusion or just specific religions?

If someone grew up without being taught religion, does that mean that they cannot grasp reality by default?

If only we knew the answers to these perplexing questions ;)
Vote Placed by matt8800 1 year ago
matt8800
ViceRegenthjhuweiTied
Reasons for voting decision: Con?s conduct was rude and insulting. ?Before I waste my time teaching you the truth, you to repent of holding a view that makes truth unknowable.? Despite repeated requests for Con to make a coherent argument, no evidence nor reasoning in support of his position was provided for Pro to rebut.