ViceRegent
TrentB1997

How do atheists ratiionally know truth from fiction?

TrentB1997 has forfeited round #2.
Updated: 1 year ago Status: Debating Period

ViceRegent

Con

Atheists love to live under the delusion that they are the guardians of rationality. But how can they hold this title when they cannot even articulate a rational way to know truth from fiction. If they cannot do this, they are literally ignorant and the ignorant cannot guard anything. So, what atheist can give me a rational way atheists know truth from fiction?

Answering this question is the sole purpose for this debate. If you are unable or unwilling to answer this question, do not respond to this debate. Likewise, if you do not believe in reality, believe you make it up or deny it is objective or knowable, or if you do not know how to rationally know truth from fiction, do not respond to this debate. If you are terrified of cross-examination or madly in love with red herrings, do not respond to this debate. If you have responded before, do not respond to this debate. After all, if you had nothing rational to say then, you will having nothing rational to say now.

If all you have is "science", do not respond to this debate, for science relies on the your senses and reason, which begs the question of how you know your senses and reason are valid. Perhaps you can tell me, which is fine, but if the way you validate you senses and reason is with your senses and reason, you lose the debate because that is circular reasoning and circular reasoning is not rational.

if you respond in violation of these rules, you automatically lose the debate.
TrentB1997

Pro

Being that this round was for stating the rules and being that I accept these rules, I agree to debate against you. For my next answers will be based on not solely science, but also by personal beliefs as well ac accounts taken from people I have never conversed with on this issue before now.
ViceRegent

Con

No, the first round was for you to answer my Q. But at least you seem to know what it is. Now answer, please.
Posted by Curly_Fryz 1 year ago
Curly_Fryz
This guy again...oh boy..
Posted by vi_spex 1 year ago
vi_spex
facts are absolute
Posted by fred70 1 year ago
fred70
He's using parody to entertain himself.
I've never, NEVER heard any deist\theist claim truth is unknowable,
They unanimously assert that God created the universe in an orderly way whereby reality is discernable through sense, reason, and logic. This dude actually negates sense and reason saying, "you lose debate" if you use them. His profile says he's posted this same debate nearly 200 times. He obviously views this as some sort of satire.
Sucker'em in and give'em insults. To each there own.
Posted by HeyTheist 1 year ago
HeyTheist
Firstly it's impossible even for you to know beyond your own senses what is real because you have no way of knowing that your mind has not created this scenario. Secondly the reason people use their senses is because there is nothing else they can use. Thirdly a good indicator of truth is testability, if something can be tested by many people and still yield the same result it is reasonable to believe it, if all evidence on many different fronts supports the hypothesis then it is reasonable to believe it. Science is not a truth claim it's a model of reality based on observable evidence that can make accurate predictions and is testable.
Posted by Castaway 1 year ago
Castaway
This seems to be a weak debate topic as atheists CAN'T be able to know the absolute truth of anything other than their own existence. I'm not sure why it specifies atheists, though, as theists can't know this either.