ViceRegent
MooLa

How do atheists rationally know truth from fiction?

MooLa has forfeited round #4.
Updated: 1 year ago Status: Debating Period

ViceRegent

Con

IF YOU ARE UNABLE OR UNWILLING TO READ THIS WHOLE POST AND THEN RESPOND TO THE SINGLE QUESTION IT ASKS, GO AWAY. I FIND IT HILARIOUS THAT THESE ATHEISTS KEEP VOMITING WORDS AND YET NOT ONE HAS ANSWERED MY Q.

Atheists love to live under the delusion that they are the guardians of rationality. But how can they hold this title when they cannot even articulate a rational way to know truth from fiction. If they cannot do this, they are literally ignorant and the ignorant cannot guard anything. SO, BY WHAT METHOD DOES ANY ATHEIST CLAIM TO RATIONALLY KNOW TRUTH FROM FICTION?

Answering this question is the sole purpose for this debate. I have even put it in capital letters for those to dense to get it. If you are unable or unwilling to answer this question, do not respond to this debate. Likewise, if you do not believe in reality, believe you make it up or deny it is objective or knowable, or if you do not know how to rationally know truth from fiction, do not respond to this debate. If you are terrified of cross-examination or madly in love with red herrings, do not respond to this debate. If you have responded before, do not respond to this debate. After all, if you had nothing rational to say then, you will having nothing rational to say now.

If all you have is "science", do not respond to this debate, for science relies on the your senses and reason, which begs the question of how you know your senses and reason are valid. Perhaps you can tell me, which is fine, but if the way you validate you senses and reason is with your senses and reason, you lose the debate because that is circular reasoning and circular reasoning is not rational.

if you respond in violation of these rules, you automatically lose the debate. But I do appreciate all of the losers who respond and confirm my view that atheists are anti-intellectual and mentally ill
MooLa

Pro

In my mind atheists know truth from fiction the same way that any other human being does. Truth can be defined as anything I could say that my mom is a female, this is something very obvious. But at the same time it is a fact, which by definition makes it a truth. I'm a atheist I know that my mom is a female, I'm not a delusional ill minded person as you have stated all atheists are, which is quite a bigoted thing to say. Believing or not believing in a god has absolutely nothing to do with knowing truth from fiction. This entire debate topic is absurd, and you make yourself seem like a very ignorant person indeed who can't see through the small hole of life that you are looking through.
ViceRegent

Con

Dude, so you know truth by facts? I bet you think that is a wise answer when it is meaningless question begging. But ok, I will play. By what methodology do you rationally know facts from fictions?
MooLa

Pro

What you are asking has nothing to do with being a theist, deist, or an atheist. The way that people differentiate truth from fiction is the same. When people are trying to find the truth they observe what it is they are trying to find the truth in. For example if i'm trying to figure out if the color of some apples are red a good way to find out if that is the truth is to get a sample of different types of apples and examine them, after examination if it is a consensus among a group of people that some of the apples are red then it is a truth that the apples are red. Any single person can choose to believe whatever they want, someone could be presented with all of the facts in the world but yet could still believe that something is fiction. If one single person objects to everyone else's idea of truth then does that make it fiction? I'm having a hard time understanding what being an atheist has to do with knowing truth from fiction.
ViceRegent

Con

So you base your truth claims on that which you observe, which means you base them on your senses and reason. How do you know your senses and reason are valid?

Man, this tool did not read the OP very well.
MooLa

Pro

Everything that we know comes from human observation. Where else would we get it from? A magical being whispering it in our ear?
ViceRegent

Con

Are you really this obtuse? Just answer the Q: how do you know your senses and reason are valid?
Posted by Sidetrack 1 year ago
Sidetrack
'Are you really this obtuse? Just answer the Q: how do you know your senses and reason are valid?'

When your mother taught you how to speak, she pointed at thinks and grunted sounds and you grunted them too in association with those objects. The experience of that is what we call validation.

Just saying how do I know that happened does not in anyway make it not valid, because that is what we call valid, just like when Mom pointed at the ball and said "Ball".

I would really try to get these concepts under your belt, because you sanity is slipping!
Posted by David_Debates 1 year ago
David_Debates
Pro finally answered the question in round 3.
Posted by fishizgood 1 year ago
fishizgood
Do you just have a grudge against atheists?
Posted by vi_spex 1 year ago
vi_spex
we have atheist books, duh
Posted by David_Debates 1 year ago
David_Debates
Not another one of these debates...
I wish you luck, as you will need it.