ViceRegent
jo154676

How do atheists rationally know truth from fiction?

ViceRegent has forfeited round #3.
Updated: 1 year ago Status: Debating Period

ViceRegent

Con

IF YOU ARE UNABLE OR UNWILLING TO READ THIS WHOLE POST AND THEN RESPOND TO THE SINGLE QUESTION IT ASKS, GO AWAY. I FIND IT HILARIOUS THAT THESE ATHEISTS KEEP VOMITING WORDS AND YET NOT ONE HAS ANSWERED MY Q.

Atheists love to live under the delusion that they are the guardians of rationality. But how can they hold this title when they cannot even articulate a rational way to know truth from fiction. If they cannot do this, they are literally ignorant and the ignorant cannot guard anything. SO, BY WHAT METHOD DOES ANY ATHEIST CLAIM TO RATIONALLY KNOW TRUTH FROM FICTION?

Answering this question is the sole purpose for this debate. I have even put it in capital letters for those to dense to get it. If you are unable or unwilling to answer this question, do not respond to this debate. Likewise, if you do not believe in reality, believe you make it up or deny it is objective or knowable, or if you do not know how to rationally know truth from fiction, do not respond to this debate. If you are terrified of cross-examination or madly in love with red herrings, do not respond to this debate. If you have responded before, do not respond to this debate. After all, if you had nothing rational to say then, you will having nothing rational to say now.

If all you have is "science", do not respond to this debate, for science relies on the your senses and reason, which begs the question of how you know your senses and reason are valid. Perhaps you can tell me, which is fine, but if the way you validate you senses and reason is with your senses and reason, you lose the debate because that is circular reasoning and circular reasoning is not rational.

if you respond in violation of these rules, you automatically lose the debate.
jo154676

Pro

I am going to generalize atheists here to what most believe, although I cannot speak for every single one of course. When atheists trust science, they do this because things will not be accepted by science unless it is proven beyond any doubt through experimentation. Science does not rely on sense and reason, it relies on trial and error and once results are found it must be repeated over and over to be accepted. It is not like a religion where everything is based on one book written by one group of people, the entire international community works and tries their own ideas and when one finds something it is done around the world and if it is proven to be truth then it is accepted as scientific theory. But if it is proven wrong then it is thrown away. So we rely on data rather than hearsay written in a book 70 years after a prophet died.

Now I ask you, how do you rationally know truth from fiction?
ViceRegent

Con

Did this fool actually say science is not based on senses and reason? ROFL. He is clearly ignorant of science. Will someone who has some idea of what he is talking about please respond?
jo154676

Pro

The word and is key there, some say it is based on senses (empiricism) and others say it is reason (rationalism) so the word or would have to be used there. I see you have also failed to answer my question about how you rationally know of God's existence. I presume that since you mention atheism that you are referring to how atheists know things in regard to God's existence, I say that you are confused as atheists do not claim that God 100% does not exist, they say that there is not enough evidence to believe that God does exist, and that the most supported idea is evolution and abiogenesis. There is plenty of evidence to support the idea of evolution, but I assume that due to your ignorance that you have never taken a biology class where they discuss Darwin's finding in a little detail where they talk about the evidence, and the evidence that has surfaced since he has died. Lastly, I question you, how do you know truth from fiction without using senses or reason.
Posted by Yozavad 1 year ago
Yozavad
You claim to be a Christian:

http://www.debate.org......

"I believe in the triune God, father, son, holy spirit."--------Viceregent

You claim to be a Muslim:

http://www.debate.org......

" Every believer wants Allah....."-----------Viceregent

Later in that SAME forum, you claim to be an ATHEIST!

At 5/10/2016 1:38:14 PM, ViceRegent wrote: "All invisible supernatural gods are mythical characters. To worship any of them is childish superstition."

So, are you Christian, Muslim, or atheist?
Posted by Into_The_Jaws_Of_Hell 1 year ago
Into_The_Jaws_Of_Hell
For the reasons below the debate that you have posed is pointless.
Into_The_Jaws_Of_Hell
There is no atheist is the world that KNOWS that there is no deity, as there is no evidence for the lack of a deity, knowledge requires evidence.
Into_The_Jaws_Of_Hell
Atheism is the belief that there is no deity, not the knowledge that there is no deity.
Into_The_Jaws_Of_Hell
I am an atheist, however I do not claim to know truth from fiction, I do on the other hand rationally that the concept of god is fictitious.